Gun traffickers can pass any background check, they are not normal gun owners.....

Fortunately after the next election there will be only a few blue states. Thank you Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, AOC and your Democratic Party.
As long as you realize the gop will never do your plan. But keep blaming the Democrats. Lol
No there is but one.

We have to enforce the gun laws we have on the books

Those gun laws are more than adequate IF and only IF they are enforced
There is no state in the union that has achieved low gun deaths with lax gun laws thru better enforcement

As long as you realize the gop will never do your plan. But keep blaming the Democrats. Lol

There is no state in the union that has achieved low gun deaths with lax gun laws thru better enforcement
Really?

During the first year of Project Exile (1998), homicides in Richmond declined 33%, for the lowest number since 1987, and armed robberies declined 30%. In 1999, homicides declined another 21%.[2] By 2007, homicides in Richmond were down to 57 compared to 122 in the year before Project Exile.[4]

Really?

During the first year of Project Exile (1998), homicides in Richmond declined 33%, for the lowest number since 1987, and armed robberies declined 30%. In 1999, homicides declined another 21%.[2] By 2007, homicides in Richmond were down to 57 compared to 122 in the year before Project Exile.[4]
Project exile did not apply to an entire state and if it such a success why is not every gop state doing this right now

Money

Project exile did not apply to an entire state and if it such a success why is not every gop state doing this right now

Money
It could easily have been applied to the entire state.

Like I have told you many times the powers that be don't care if there is violence in our inner cities or that the vast majority of murders are young poor urban minority males.

Our murder rate could easily be cut by at least 50% IF the states and federal governments actually did their fucking jobs and enforced the law.

It could easily have been applied to the entire state.

Like I have told you many times the powers that be don't care if there is violence in our inner cities or that the vast majority of murders are young poor urban minority males.

Our murder rate could easily be cut by at least 50% IF the states and federal governments actually did their fucking jobs and enforced the law.
And yet it hasnt been applied to any state

No state in the union will ever do that plan

It is massively expensive

And yet it hasnt been applied to any state

No state in the union will ever do that plan

It is massively expensive
So what?

That doesn't mean that the fact that the law isn't enforced is the real reason our murder rate is so high

It means your plan will never be done

Ever

And thus we need a new plan
No we need a plan that will actually work.

If we can't enforce the law we already have what makes you think we will enforce a new one?

How much more expensive will it be to keep 300 million people from getting guns? We can't even keep a couple million criminals from getting them

No we need a plan that will actually work.

If we can't enforce the law we already have what makes you think we will enforce a new one?

How much more expensive will it be to keep 300 million people from getting guns?
Well we certainly have established that your plan will never be done.

We can look at countries with low gun deaths and see how they achieved it.

Guess what they all have in common. Gun control

Well we certainly have established that your plan will never be done.

We can look at countries with low gun deaths and see how they achieved it.

Guess what they all have in common. Gun control
And how do you control guns?

Through law enforcement and you have already agreed that we won;t enforce the law because it costs too much

We need new better laws. The ones we have now clearly are not working
They aren't working because they are not enforced and you have agreed that they won't be enforced because it costs too much so why on earth would you believe any new laws would be enforced?

They aren't working because they are not enforced and you have agreed that they won't be enforced because it costs too much so why on earth would you believe any new laws would be enforced?
They cant be enforced to the level you want or they would be. You admit your plan will never work

New laws that are low cost and preventative can work and do

They cant be enforced to the level you want or they would be. You admit your plan will never work

New laws that are low cost and preventative can work and do

They can be we just refuse to do it.

And tell me what would it cost to pass new laws and enforce them?

They can be we just refuse to do it.

And tell me what would it cost to pass new laws and enforce them?
And they will always refuse to do it. You keep asking for something that has not worked anywhere

But my plan has worked in lots of countries

More than three years later, researchers have concluded that the new laws had little measurable effect, probably because citizens simply decided not to comply and there was a lack of enforcement by authorities.

The results of the new study, conducted by some of America’s most well-respected gun violence researchers, is a setback for a growing gun control movement that has centered its national strategy on precisely the kind of state laws passed in Colorado and Washington. A third, smaller state, Delaware, passed a background check law around the same time and did see increases in the number of background checks conducted, the study found. But a similar background-check law in Nevada passed in 2016 has also run into political hurdles and has never been enforced.

More than three years later, researchers have concluded that the new laws had little measurable effect, probably because citizens simply decided not to comply and there was a lack of enforcement by authorities.
The results of the new study, conducted by some of America’s most well-respected gun violence researchers, is a setback for a growing gun control movement that has centered its national strategy on precisely the kind of state laws passed in Colorado and Washington. A third, smaller state, Delaware, passed a background check law around the same time and did see increases in the number of background checks conducted, the study found. But a similar background-check law in Nevada passed in 2016 has also run into political hurdles and has never been enforced.
And yet there is no country with lax gun laws and low gun deaths but lots of countries with effective gun control and low gun deaths

And yet there is no country with lax gun laws and low gun deaths but lots of countries with effective gun control and low gun deaths
So what?

I really don't care how other countries curb the freedoms of their citizens

And our gun laws are only lax because we refuse to enforce them

So what?

I really don't care how other countries curb the freedoms of their citizens

And our gun laws are only lax because we refuse to enforce them
I know you dont care

You have a plan no one will ever do so it is just business as usual

I actually want to make things better

I know you dont care

You have a plan no one will ever do so it is just business as usual

I actually want to make things better
No you don't because you just admitted we won't enforce gun laws. So what's the point of more and more restrictive laws if we do not enforce them?

Hint: There is no point.

And telling law abiding people who will never commit any crime that they can't own guns will do nothing to stop crime.

Forum List

Back