Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

No civilian should own a gun capable of firing automatically. If you have one you should be trained and certified in its use. Civilians also should not have access to large volume magazines.

Why?

Automatic weapons are already heavily controlled. In 13 States outright banned in the rest you need a Federal License to own one and must inform the ATF if you move, you move the weapon or cross any state lines with it.

The second is clear we have a right to own personal weapons of a military type, in common usage by the military. That means hand guns, semiautomatic rifles, Bolt action rifles and shotguns. It further means 30 round magazines for rifles and 15 round magazines for hand guns..

So we just had another 12 Americans killed in senseless gun violence

Who cares? Bury them, tell everyone how sorry we are, put the flags at half staff and go about your business

We are not going to do a fucking thing about it anyway. It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights

Don't you all feel safe?
Since the August 21 chemical weapons attack in Syria that killed 1400, there have been over 1800 gun deaths in the U.S.

Who cares?

Gun deaths are the price we pay for our second amendment. Nothing we can do....so suck it up

I was unaware states had licensing for automatic weapons since it is illegal to own one. Are you sure about this? Please post a link.

Your reasoning ability isn't very good. You object to people being able to own automatic weapons because they aren't trained to use them. Learning to use a weapon is an acquired skill. Our government trains thousand and thousands to do so. If they can do it, so can private organizations which train people on the safe use of weapons.

Not if the government says no they cant. I'm serious. Are there some states that allow you have automatic weapons after you receive training?
Arizona. I'm sure there are others.

Actually, a racist rw cockroach started in immediately about the guy being black. Another racist rw cockroach helped spread even more hate.

And now, I'm sure other racist cockroaches will join in.

(two other possible shooters are white)

I have to admit that I had no idea that MILITARY BASES must obey city laws but, hey - racist katzen roach is all knowing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You guys crack me up. Instead of ever, just once, trying to understand or converse, you immediately attack.

Just fyi for Surfer cockroach - Harry Dresden is a professional rw troll who goes from thread to thread, posting really idiotic attacks on me. He's on your side. :cuckoo:

Talk to yourself often do ya?

Your reasoning ability isn't very good. You object to people being able to own automatic weapons because they aren't trained to use them. Learning to use a weapon is an acquired skill. Our government trains thousand and thousands to do so. If they can do it, so can private organizations which train people on the safe use of weapons.

Not if the government says no they cant. I'm serious. Are there some states that allow you have automatic weapons after you receive training?

Last time I checked, been a while I agree, 37 States allowed automatic weapons. Only 13 banned them. Once again it requires a federal tax and license and you have to keep ATF notified where you have the weapon and you can not cross State lines with it without notifying ATF.

they all died?

earlier the reports were telling some wounds weren't serious.

:(

Who cares? Bury them, tell everyone how sorry we are, put the flags at half staff and go about your business

We are not going to do a fucking thing about it anyway. It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights

Don't you all feel safe?
Since the August 21 chemical weapons attack in Syria that killed 1400, there have been over 1800 gun deaths in the U.S.

Who cares?

Gun deaths are the price we pay for our second amendment. Nothing we can do....so suck it up

Homicides by gun in the USA are going down as the number of guns increase in the USA.

In light of this, all drug laws are un-Constitutional.

Apparently, the fact that it clearly states "militia" actually means "civilians".

Obviously, our language has changed quite a lot in a relatively short period of time.

Wait until you find out that militia was just another word for slave patrols and the only reason the 2nd amendment is a state right instead of an federal right is because the southerners forced this in order to make sure they had the right to kill slaves in the event of an uprising.

This has to be one of the most uninformed and ignorant posts I have witnessed on any board at any time.

And I am talking ignorant in the true sense of the word.

Wow, just wow.

Don't you all feel safe?

Who cares?

Yup, exactly.

Don't you all feel safe?

Who cares?

Drug addicts and hungry children are the price we pay for giving welfare hoochie mammas free cell phones, free living quarters, and free food cards they can use to trade with the drug dealer.

Last time I checked, been a while I agree, 37 States allowed automatic weapons. Only 13 banned them. Once again it requires a federal tax and license and you have to keep ATF notified where you have the weapon and you can not cross State lines with it without notifying ATF.

Thanks for that information.

No civilian should own a gun capable of firing automatically. Civilians also should not have access to large volume magazines.

Exactly.

or firing semi-automatically.

After one too many massacres, Australia outlawed the sale and possession of all auto and semi auto weapons, including shotguns.

Single shot rifles and single shot shotguns only allowed.
Prime Minister announced a buyback, and an amnesty for all illegal weapons [handguns etc etc]

Auto and semi auto weapons, all gone...no more massacres.

Apparently, the fact that it clearly states "militia" actually means "civilians".

Obviously, our language has changed quite a lot in a relatively short period of time.

Wait until you find out that militia was just another word for slave patrols and the only reason the 2nd amendment is a state right instead of an federal right is because the southerners forced this in order to make sure they had the right to kill slaves in the event of an uprising.

This has to be one of the most uninformed and ignorant posts I have witnessed on any board at any time.

Wow, just wow.

This post is the epitome of ignorant. Go do some research and get back to me.

The count of 12 victims dead, plus one shooter dead, hasn't changed in a while. Now they seem to be saying there are three more wounded, they are expected to recover. No more gunmen found, but they're still looking.

Apparently "internal security (that would be Navy, maybe Shore Patrol?) engaged the shooter first. Then police showed up and a gun battle ensured, in which a police officer was wounded and the shooter (Aaron Alexis) was killed.

---------------------------------------

Shooting rampage at Navy Yard in D.C. leaves 13 dead

(snip)

Washington Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier said one shooter was killed in an exchange of gunfire with authorities and one police officer was wounded. Federal officials identified the dead shooter as Alexis.

Internal security at the Navy Yard building had already "identified and engaged the shooter" by the time the first D.C. police arrived, Lanier said.

She said police exchanged gunfire with the shooter "multiple times" before the final gun battle.

It's expensive I know that but not much else. Kind of a rich mans game there. Which kind of fits into this discussion. All these gun grabbers accomplish by making new laws restricting access and increasing taxes on arms and ammo accomplish is leaving the poor that are law abiding at the mercy of the criminals that don't care. You want to cut down on gun violence in Chicago the way to do it is make guns easier for law abiding citizens to get and carry.

This thread needs to be moved to the romper room, or whatever the fuck they call it.

Congratulations people, 12 dead, who knows how many wounded, and all you care about is calling each other names, laying blame where there is none, and swinging your digital dicks around.

Kudos.

"Wait until you find out that militia was just another word for slave patrols and the only reason the 2nd amendment is a state right instead of an federal right is because the southerners forced this in order to make sure they had the right to kill slaves in the event of an uprising."

Wow, just wow.

No kidding. I'm still shaking my head. It's beyond bizarre. Nothing factual or historical which could lead to this conclusion.

For the benefit of Asclepias:

THE HISTORY OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Full essay:

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/89vand.pdf

Conclusion:

English history made two things clear to the American revolutionaries: force of arms was the
only effective check on government, and standing armies threatened liberty. Recognition of these premises meant that the force of arms necessary to check government had to be placed in the hands of citizens. The English theorists Blackstone and Harrington advocated these tenants. Because the public purpose of the right to keep arms was to check government, the right necessarily belonged to the individual and, as a matter of theory, was thought to be absolute in that it could not be abrogated by the prevailing rulers.

These views were adopted by the framers, both Federalists and Antifederalists. Neither group trusted government. Both believed the greatest danger to the new republic was tyrannical government and that the ultimate check on tyranny was an armed population. It is beyond dispute that the second amendment right was to serve the same public purpose as advocated by the English theorists. The check on all government, not simply the federal government, was the armed population, the militia. Government would not be accorded the power to create a select militia since such a body would become the government's instrument. The whole of the population would comprise the militia. As the constitutional debates prove, the framers recognized that the common public purpose of preserving freedom would be served by protecting each individual's right to arms, thus empowering the people to resist tyranny and preserve the republic. The intent was not to create
a right for other (pg.1039) governments, the individual states; it was to preserve the people's right to a free state, just as it says.

-DAVID E. VANDERCOY, Professor of Law, Valparaiso University School of Law

Last edited:
No civilian should own a gun capable of firing automatically. Civilians also should not have access to large volume magazines.

Exactly.

or firing semi-automatically.

After one too many massacres, Australia outlawed the sale and possession of all auto and semi auto weapons, including shotguns.

Single shot rifles and single shot shotguns only allowed.
Prime Minister announced a buyback, and an amnesty for all illegal weapons [handguns etc etc]

Auto and semi auto weapons, all gone...no more massacres.

Crime rates in Australia have increased every year since the ban went into effect. Ours have gone down since the AWB went away. Coincidence? Probably not.

Forum List

Back