Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

Washington Navy Yard shooting: Active shooter sought in Southeast D.C. | WJLA.com

Police search for active shooter on grounds of Washington Navy Yard in Southeast D.C. - The Washington Post

Once again, a nut case with a gun has shot people and is now at large. As with Boston, people are being advised to "shelter in place" and schools are on shut down.

Bring on the nutters with their lame ass excuses.

I heard this morning that 13 people are dead.

How many fucking innocent people have to be murdered by nutcases before something is done????

Oh wait. Nothing will be done. Nothing is ever done.

You're probably right, nothing will be done. Liberals refuse to implement laws that keep criminals behind bars, or the mentally insane in hospitals.

Virtually all of these murdering nutcases has a history of violence but it was ignored, or the system let them have a "second chance".

So it was not a Muslim. I am sure the RW is now trying to find some sinister secret about the Buddist, so they can hate on them...Good Grief

Guns, guns, more guns in the hands of nut cases and we will have more and more of these. But please don't expand the background checks! The NRA will just have a kitten.

Independents lean both ways. Don't give me that nonsense.

Way to not answer.

More than 4. That's a quadruple murder, not a mass murder. If you want to get technical, 5 or more is a mass murder.

We are talking mass shooter, not mass murder. More than 5 shot in both cases. In your bloody book it's not a mass shooter unless all the people die? If some people are lucky enough to survive it doesn't change that they were shot.

Hey, remember when I said that we'd find out that this guy had problems, but was still able to get a gun too easily.

Aaron Alexis, 34, is dead gunman in Navy Yard shooting, authorities say - The Washington Post

In 2004, Alexis was arrested in Seattle after he fired three shots from a Glock pistol into the tires of a Honda Accord that two construction workers had parked in a driveway adjacent to Alexis’s house. Alexis’s father told detectives then that his son “had experienced anger management problems that the family believed was associated with PTSD,” or post-traumatic stress disorder, according to the police report. The father said Alexis had been “an active participant in rescue attempts of Sept. 11, 2001.”

Along the way, the man named as the shooter in Monday’s mass killing at Building 197 was discharged from the Navy Reserve, arrested after firing a bullet through his downstairs neighbor’s ceiling and then asked to leave his Fort Worth apartment.

One Navy official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that Alexis was discharged in January 2011 for “a pattern of misconduct” and that the 2010 gun incident in Texas played a role in his departure.

Suthamtewakul said Alexis “had a gun at all times” and fired a bullet through the wall of his room in the summer of 2012. “You’re gonna kill me,” the restaurateur told his friend. Alexis apologized and said it was an accident.

Wow... sounds like he should be up for "NRA Lifetime Acheivement Award".

NBC News correspondent Pete Williams is reporting Alexis purchased a shotgun in Lorton, Va. during the past week or so.

The suspected gunman appeared to have seized firearms from two of his victims as he moved through the building along the Anacostia River in southeast Washington, where 3,000 Navy employees go to work each day, many of them carrying authorized firearms.

13 Dead, 14 Wounded in Shooting at D.C. Navy Yard, Suspected Gunman Dead | NBC4 Washington

Hard to believe what anyone is saying just yet. Sad day though.

I certainly wouldn't take it to the bank...but listening to the multiple press conferences, when asked about weapons involved, they seemed quite guarded...more than should have been the case.

That coupled with this report, I expect we will learn that this is correct.

Very sad day. With all that security, there is an expectation of safety.

That makes the reality even worse.

What is the solution?

A rhetorical question arising from frustration...we can debate it next week.

I'm still reading different things in regards to the guns. Most are saying they don't know yet, but this fresh article says he brought them all with him:

"What we know: Alexis drove onto the grounds of Navy Yard Monday morning with three weapons in his vehicle. He took the weapons out, proceeded into Building 197 and opened fire. He had access to the Yard because of his contracting work, and he used a valid pass to gain entry."

Washington Navy Yard shooting: What we know and don't know - CNN.com

I'm still not believing anything just yet.

Washington Navy Yard shooting: Active shooter sought in Southeast D.C. | WJLA.com

Police search for active shooter on grounds of Washington Navy Yard in Southeast D.C. - The Washington Post

Once again, a nut case with a gun has shot people and is now at large. As with Boston, people are being advised to "shelter in place" and schools are on shut down.

How many fucking innocent people have to be murdered by nutcases before something is done????

Don't worry, the NRA is already working on other people to blame.

You're probably right, nothing will be done. Liberals refuse to implement laws that keep criminals behind bars, or the mentally insane in hospitals.

Virtually all of these murdering nutcases has a history of violence but it was ignored, or the system let them have a "second chance".

Not forgetting the system provided them with a large group of unarmed victims in one place( a gun free zone)!!

People were at work. What company lets people bring guns to work? I've worked for some crazy right wingers, but they sure didn't let employees carry at work.

Hey, remember when I said that we'd find out that this guy had problems, but was still able to get a gun too easily.

Aaron Alexis, 34, is dead gunman in Navy Yard shooting, authorities say - The Washington Post

In 2004, Alexis was arrested in Seattle after he fired three shots from a Glock pistol into the tires of a Honda Accord that two construction workers had parked in a driveway adjacent to Alexis’s house. Alexis’s father told detectives then that his son “had experienced anger management problems that the family believed was associated with PTSD,” or post-traumatic stress disorder, according to the police report. The father said Alexis had been “an active participant in rescue attempts of Sept. 11, 2001.”

Along the way, the man named as the shooter in Monday’s mass killing at Building 197 was discharged from the Navy Reserve, arrested after firing a bullet through his downstairs neighbor’s ceiling and then asked to leave his Fort Worth apartment.

One Navy official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that Alexis was discharged in January 2011 for “a pattern of misconduct” and that the 2010 gun incident in Texas played a role in his departure.

Suthamtewakul said Alexis “had a gun at all times” and fired a bullet through the wall of his room in the summer of 2012. “You’re gonna kill me,” the restaurateur told his friend. Alexis apologized and said it was an accident.

Wow... sounds like he should be up for "NRA Lifetime Acheivement Award".

Dumbass! Anyone that knows much knows that the NRA is opposed to mental cases having guns!

Don't worry, the NRA is already working on other people to blame.

Don't matter.
-Geaux

[

Dumbass! Anyone that knows much knows that the NRA is opposed to mental cases having guns!

No they aren't. They block EVERY attempt to tighten background checks.

Shit, they WANT crazy people to have guns. They want Nancy Lanza to be soooo scared she has to own 12 of them.

And if she happens to get shot by that crazy kid of hers, who goes on to shoot 26 other people.... well, gee, I guess we need to double up on the Lobbyists.

So did luddly come back and insist again that military bases are not gun free zones?
What a complete and utter retard.

These mass shootings never happen on a shooting range!!
Gun free zones assure the liberals beloved criminals the unarmed victims they prefer!!

Thanks liberals on behalf of all crazy criminals who shoot up schools, theaters and military bases!!

God.....Gun nuts make me fucking sick

After every massacre they spout the same NRA propaganda. Like trained monkeys. Gun free zones, gun free zones.....if everyone were armed, he wouldn't shoot anyone

It is a military base. You have to go through an armed checkpoint to get in. There are more likely to be MPs and security guards than any other target. It is not a convenient target of opportunity

There are other countries with more strict laws that have 12x the homicide rate of the US. Other countries like Switzerland and Finland have many, many more guns and less homicides.

Guns are not the problem

-Geaux

If all gun owners should be punished for the acts of tiny minorities then all homos should be punished for the irresponsibility of the few homos spreading HIV like wildfire

There are other countries with more strict laws that have 12x the homicide rate of the US. Other countries like Switzerland and Finland have many, many more guns and less homicides.

Guns are not the problem

-Geaux

Yes, but these are third world countries where central authority has completely broken down, so really, not even an apt comparison.

When comparing the US to other countries, the ONLY valid comparison SHOULD be other G-7 Countries.

So, here's the gun murder rates in the G-7.

United States - 11,101
Italy - 218
Canada 173
Germany - 158
France - 134
UK - 38
Japan - 11.

Here's the total murder rates for those countries.

United States - 15,953
Italy - 590
Canada 610
Germany - 690
France - 428
UK - 653
Japan - 582.

Guns in the United States: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

[

No they aren't. They block EVERY attempt to tighten background checks.

Shit, they WANT crazy people to have guns. They want Nancy Lanza to be soooo scared she has to own 12 of them.

And if she happens to get shot by that crazy kid of hers, who goes on to shoot 26 other people.... well, gee, I guess we need to double up on the Lobbyists.

So where the "Obama's child killed 12 people" narrative?

Forum List

Back