Guns - a list

Regulations are not a panacea, that is true. Deregulation and anarchy aren't a solution; for those who seek to maintain a civilized society laws and regulations are the best we have.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating anarchy. What I am against are regulations that remove or restrict firearms from responsible adults, which are about 99.9% of all gun owners.

As I've posted many times I have no interest in taking firearms from responsible adults. I believe anyone who wants to own, posess or have in their custody or control a firearm should be licensed, and said license should be revocable for cause. Cause being they have proven by standards established by law that they no longer are responsible adults.

You crack me up. What you advocate will eventually result in what is in fact your eventual goal. The first step in banning firearms is licensing. After licensing requirements come increased licensing fees. Eventually those rees are so high the populace is disarmed.

You must really think we are stupid to believe this crap you are trying to spoon feed us.

You are a gungrabber through and through. You may have sworn an oath to the Constitution but you'd wipe your ass with it in a heartbeat to garner your political goals.

You are not a defender of the COTUS or this country and its way of life, you are the exact opposite.

Just like drugs are regulated, right?

No, that's not what I posted. Apparently you're not very bright.

A gun is a product, an artifact; greed has always been an aspect of human nature. Of course in the abstact human nature can be regulated, if one wanted to live in a dystopian society and 'treat' the greedy as Alex was in A Clockwork Orange.

I believe the point he was making was we have now spent over one trillion dollars on the drug war. How has that worked out for us?

The war on drugs is a failure; IMO prohibition will not work for guns or drugs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating anarchy. What I am against are regulations that remove or restrict firearms from responsible adults, which are about 99.9% of all gun owners.

As I've posted many times I have no interest in taking firearms from responsible adults. I believe anyone who wants to own, posess or have in their custody or control a firearm should be licensed, and said license should be revocable for cause. Cause being they have proven by standards established by law that they no longer are responsible adults.

You crack me up. What you advocate will eventually result in what is in fact your eventual goal. (Straw Man fallacy It is not my goal, read what I posted) The first step in banning firearms is licensing. (Your Opinion) After licensing requirements come increased licensing fees. (Possibly) Eventually those rees are so high the populace is disarmed. (slippery slope fallacy)

You must really think we are stupid to believe this crap you are trying to spoon feed us.

What crap is that?

You are a gungrabber through and through. (ad hominem fallacy) You may have sworn an oath to the Constitution but you'd wipe your ass with it in a heartbeat to garner your political goals. (Ad hominen)

You are not a defender of the COTUS or this country and its way of life, you are the exact opposite.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

You crack me up. What you advocate will eventually result in what is in fact your eventual goal. (Straw Man fallacy It is not my goal, read what I posted) The first step in banning firearms is licensing. (Your Opinion) After licensing requirements come increased licensing fees. (Possibly) Eventually those rees are so high the populace is disarmed. (slippery slope fallacy)

What crap is that?

You are a gungrabber through and through. (ad hominem fallacy) You may have sworn an oath to the Constitution but you'd wipe your ass with it in a heartbeat to garner your political goals. (Ad hominen)

Thanks for sharing.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Read some history sometime and you will see the natural progression that I described. It has occured everywhere that firearms are now illegal for the populace to own. Not my words but actual history.

I understand you don't like history, or the study of it, as it exposes you for what you are. But, fortunately, there are many more like me who actually know how to crack a book.

You were in law enforcement so here are examples of why police should not be allowed the use of weapons.....

LiveLeak.com - Hurst PD To Investigate Officer Brutality and Abuse of Teen In Video

LiveLeak.com - Police bash a mans face on the ground for false shoplifting allegations - Black Friday

LiveLeak.com - Seattle Police Tried to Hide This Footage - Now Released

LiveLeak.com - Police officer could get 20 years for fracturing man's skull

I can go on for hundreds of listings for police abuse in just the US. Far more cases of Police brutality than the gun crimes you are posting.

This is why the 2nd Ammendment exists. To keep people like you in check.

Today I've begun a list of incidents of gun violence, It is in response to a thread begun by PoliticalChic who posted on page one of her thread Lott Guns Down Costas! this:

3. ...what Costas ignores is that guns save a lot more lives than they cost each year. And that's not even mentioning the roughly 2 million times a year that people use guns defensively.

I don't believe her. So herein is the challenge. Every day I will post incidents of gun violence and she - or anyone who pleases - can post evidence in support of her allegation.

1. 12-08) 19:59 PST OAKLAND -- Oakland police were looking for a suspect Saturday afternoon who fatally shot a man near Jack London Square.

The shooting occurred around 2:45 p.m. on the 400 block of Third Street, just south of Broadway. Witnesses saw the suspect flee in a vehicle, according to police.

The neighborhood is a mix of historic produce warehouses, upscale condominiums, cafes and restaurants. Crime in the area is unusual, although in July gunfire erupted outside a local movie theater, injuring five people

and,
2. 3 dead in Calif. Indian reservation shooting
Updated 9:56 a.m., Sunday, December 9, 2012

PORTERVILLE, Calif. (AP) — Three people died and four others, including two young girls, were wounded after a shooting on an Indian reservation in Central California, authorities said.

and,

3. (12-09) 06:51 PST ANTIOCH -- A 43-year-old man was shot dead outside his Antioch home, police said Sunday.

The victim, whose name was not immediately released, was shot numerous times outside his home on the 2300 block of Banyan Way north of Highway 4 about 10:40 p.m. Saturday, police said. Officers were alerted to the shooting by the man's girlfriend.

All three posted on SFGate this morning.

See: SFGate: San Francisco Bay Area - News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Classifieds - SFGate

BTW, anyone who wants to peruse their local news to post gun violence or incidents where a gun was responsible for saving lives or property, please do.

Look at it this way:

If guns were banned, the posts here regarding incidents where armed citizens successfully used guns defensively would be ZERO!

What a stupid fucking thread!

Second amendment rights are one thing, frontier gun culture is another. With all the stand your ground and make my day laws America is turning into a place where citizens take the law into their own hands.

Another moron whose opinion is based on bs and not on facts. I wish you people would pull your heads out of your asses and actually do some research prior to forming an opinion.

What crap is that?

Thanks for sharing.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Read some history sometime and you will see the natural progression that I described. It has occured everywhere that firearms are now illegal for the populace to own. Not my words but actual history.

I understand you don't like history, or the study of it, as it exposes you for what you are. But, fortunately, there are many more like me who actually know how to crack a book.

You have devolved into personal attacks and lost any credibility. You have created a straw man and your proof is a classic slippery slope one. Guns are a problem, not a solution; you are most welcome to deny that fact too. Frankly and honestly I don't care what you believe since you leave out the essence of the issue - innocent people die every day.

CHICAGO -- A federal court ruling tossing out Illinois' ban on concealed weapons might end the last such gun prohibition in the country, but not without a fight.

The question is whether the battle will be an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, which has been silent on the issue of concealed weapons, or a legislative confrontation over the court's order that Illinois adopt a law allowing concealed carry with "reasonable limitations" as in other states.

Court ruling on Illinois gun ban sets stage for fight - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

A victory for the 2nd..........

Child Development

As sure as prehistoric fish grew legs
and sauntered off the beaches into forests
working up some irregular verbs for their
first conversation, so three-year-old children
enter the phase of name-calling.

Every day a new one arrives and is added
to the repertoire. You Dumb Goopyhead,
You Big Sewerface, You Poop-on-the-Floor
(a kind of Navaho ring to that one)
they yell from knee level, their little mugs
flushed with challenge.

Nothing Samuel Johnson would bother tossing out
in a pub, but then the toddlers are not trying
to devastate some fatuous Enlightenment hack.

They are just tormenting their fellow squirts
or going after the attention of the giants
way up there with their cocktails and bad breath
talking baritone nonsense to other giants,
waiting to call them names after thanking
them for the lovely party and hearing the door close.

The mature save their hothead invective
for things: an errant hammer, tire chains,
or receding trains missed by seconds,
though they know in their adult hearts,
even as they threaten to banish Timmy to bed

for his appalling behavior,
that their bosses are Big Fatty Stupids,
their wives are Dopey Dopeheads
and that they themselves are Mr. Sillypants.

Billy Collins

Last edited:
Actually, YOU are a lot closer to witnessing a vast swath of gun control being swept off the books and suffering a long period of complete and utter impotence of the left in getting any meaningful restrictions enacted.

Actually not.

The courts have been relatively consistent in allowing to stand many gun restrictions and regulations since Heller:

Extreme Second Amendment Lawsuits are Failing in the Courts
The Supreme Court may have opened the floodgates to Second Amendment litigation with the Heller decision, but the majority’s opinion also made clear that the Amendment protects only a limited right. The Court directly stated that the Second Amendment does not protect a “right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose,”8 and listed several examples of presumptively constitutional regulations.

Given the Court’s clear instruction that the right to possess a handgun in the home for self-defense is consistent with a variety of gun laws, it’s not surprising that lower courts have almost uniformly rejected Second Amendment arguments in hundreds of decisions in federal and state courts nationwide over the past four years.
Despite the gun lobby’s rhetoric about “individual rights,” the breadth and scale of Second Amendment lawsuits filed over the past four years reveal the lobby’s true intent: to overturn all reasonable laws intended to prevent gun violence. So far, thankfully, most of the courts confronted with these important challenges since Heller have affirmed the continued vitality of smart gun laws. Still, the courts remain an active battleground over the meaning of the Second Amendment and the future of sensible gun laws in America.

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence » The Second Amendment Battleground: Victories in the Courts and Why They Matter
In addition to the courts validating various gun control measures, liberal lawmakers on the National level have indicated no intent to enact serious Federal regulation. Specific liberal lawmakers may be talking about introducing ‘sweeping’ gun regulations – but it’s merely talk for local consumption, as any such proposed legislation would earn few if any co-sponsors and have little if any chance of making it out of committee for a floor vote.

Unlike conservatives and abortion, liberals have accepted Second Amendment jurisprudence as settled law and moved on to other issues.

Every year there are 30,000 gun deaths and 300,000 gun-related assaults in the U.S. Firearm violence may cost our country as much as $100 billion a year.

Nonetheless, we have become so gun-loving, so blasé about home-grown violence that in my lifetime alone, far more Americans have been casualties of domestic gunfire than have died in all our wars combined. In Arizona last year, just days after the Gabby Giffords shooting, sales of the weapon used in the slaughter -- a 9 millimeter Glock semi-automatic pistol -- doubled.

There's a video of which I'd like to remind you. You can see it on YouTube. In it, Adam Gadahn, an American-born member of al-Qaeda, the first U.S. citizen charged with treason since 1952, urges terrorists to carry out attacks on the United States. Right before your eyes he says:

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely, without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?"
Bill Moyers: WATCH: Living Under the Gun

Every year there are 30,000 gun deaths and 300,000 gun-related assaults in the U.S. Firearm violence may cost our country as much as $100 billion a year.

Nonetheless, we have become so gun-loving, so blasé about home-grown violence that in my lifetime alone, far more Americans have been casualties of domestic gunfire than have died in all our wars combined. In Arizona last year, just days after the Gabby Giffords shooting, sales of the weapon used in the slaughter -- a 9 millimeter Glock semi-automatic pistol -- doubled.

There's a video of which I'd like to remind you. You can see it on YouTube. In it, Adam Gadahn, an American-born member of al-Qaeda, the first U.S. citizen charged with treason since 1952, urges terrorists to carry out attacks on the United States. Right before your eyes he says:

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely, without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?"
Bill Moyers: WATCH: Living Under the Gun

Bill Moyers? The raging liberal who lies at the drop of a hat? You might want to check federal law on automatic assualt weapons. I hope you don't teach the kiddos they can believe everything they see on PBS.

Forum List

Back