Guns - a list

Every year there are 30,000 gun deaths and 300,000 gun-related assaults in the U.S. Firearm violence may cost our country as much as $100 billion a year.

Nonetheless, we have become so gun-loving, so blasé about home-grown violence that in my lifetime alone, far more Americans have been casualties of domestic gunfire than have died in all our wars combined. In Arizona last year, just days after the Gabby Giffords shooting, sales of the weapon used in the slaughter -- a 9 millimeter Glock semi-automatic pistol -- doubled.

There's a video of which I'd like to remind you. You can see it on YouTube. In it, Adam Gadahn, an American-born member of al-Qaeda, the first U.S. citizen charged with treason since 1952, urges terrorists to carry out attacks on the United States. Right before your eyes he says:

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely, without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?"
Bill Moyers: WATCH: Living Under the Gun

Bill Moyers? The raging liberal who lies at the drop of a hat? You might want to check federal law on automatic assualt weapons. I hope you don't teach the kiddos they can believe everything they see on PBS.

No offense, but I respect Bill Moyers. I don't discuss guns or gun culture with elementary school kids.
I'm not political at work.

You must be kind of right wing to find fault with PBS.

What "lies" do you think Mr Moyers has made?

Last edited:
No offense, but I respect Bill Moyers. I don't discuss guns or gun culture with elementary school kids.

You must be kind of right wing to find fault with PBS.

Who said you discussed guns with children. I said, I hope you don't teach kiidos they can believe everything they see on PBS. Not the same, or do I need to get Cookie Monster to tell you that?

The fault with PBS is it promotes a liberal agenda with tax dollars. I don't think either party has that right. I also think PBS has uotlived its place. We now have cable TV which offers almost every form of interest to the public.

Last edited:
Look, you're not a lot of fun, bud.:cool: Isn't there some kind of snark zone somewhere? Go to it. I'm on relax mode.

I don't teach kids about politics. Period.

Last edited:
I know you need to argue with someone. I'm sure the forum provides plenty of people who'd love to argue with you.

Look, you're not a lot of fun, bud.:cool: Isn't there some kind of snark zone somewhere? Go to it. I'm on relax mode.

I don't teach kids about politics. Period.

Three places on the board are semi protected, the rest is a free fire zone. Don't like it? Hit the exit.

Thanks for sharing.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Read some history sometime and you will see the natural progression that I described. It has occured everywhere that firearms are now illegal for the populace to own. Not my words but actual history.

I understand you don't like history, or the study of it, as it exposes you for what you are. But, fortunately, there are many more like me who actually know how to crack a book.

You have devolved into personal attacks and lost any credibility. You have created a straw man and your proof is a classic slippery slope one. Guns are a problem, not a solution; you are most welcome to deny that fact too. Frankly and honestly I don't care what you believe since you leave out the essence of the issue - innocent people die every day.

It's not a flase premise as any review of history proves the slippery slope concept to be absolutely correct. I was not insulting you in the slightest, I was describing you and your goal. How is that possibly an insult.

Every year there are 30,000 gun deaths and 300,000 gun-related assaults in the U.S. Firearm violence may cost our country as much as $100 billion a year.

Nonetheless, we have become so gun-loving, so blasé about home-grown violence that in my lifetime alone, far more Americans have been casualties of domestic gunfire than have died in all our wars combined. In Arizona last year, just days after the Gabby Giffords shooting, sales of the weapon used in the slaughter -- a 9 millimeter Glock semi-automatic pistol -- doubled.

There's a video of which I'd like to remind you. You can see it on YouTube. In it, Adam Gadahn, an American-born member of al-Qaeda, the first U.S. citizen charged with treason since 1952, urges terrorists to carry out attacks on the United States. Right before your eyes he says:

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely, without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?"
Bill Moyers: WATCH: Living Under the Gun

As usual your figures are made up out of nothing but the fevered imagination of a anti gun propagandist. You want civil discourse when you spew this crap? You are a riot...of the funny kind.

Today I've begun a list of incidents of gun violence, It is in response to a thread begun by PoliticalChic who posted on page one of her thread Lott Guns Down Costas! this:

3. ...what Costas ignores is that guns save a lot more lives than they cost each year. And that's not even mentioning the roughly 2 million times a year that people use guns defensively.

I don't believe her. So herein is the challenge. Every day I will post incidents of gun violence and she - or anyone who pleases - can post evidence in support of her allegation.

1. 12-08) 19:59 PST OAKLAND -- Oakland police were looking for a suspect Saturday afternoon who fatally shot a man near Jack London Square.

The shooting occurred around 2:45 p.m. on the 400 block of Third Street, just south of Broadway. Witnesses saw the suspect flee in a vehicle, according to police.

The neighborhood is a mix of historic produce warehouses, upscale condominiums, cafes and restaurants. Crime in the area is unusual, although in July gunfire erupted outside a local movie theater, injuring five people

and,
2. 3 dead in Calif. Indian reservation shooting
Updated 9:56 a.m., Sunday, December 9, 2012

PORTERVILLE, Calif. (AP) — Three people died and four others, including two young girls, were wounded after a shooting on an Indian reservation in Central California, authorities said.

and,

3. (12-09) 06:51 PST ANTIOCH -- A 43-year-old man was shot dead outside his Antioch home, police said Sunday.

The victim, whose name was not immediately released, was shot numerous times outside his home on the 2300 block of Banyan Way north of Highway 4 about 10:40 p.m. Saturday, police said. Officers were alerted to the shooting by the man's girlfriend.

All three posted on SFGate this morning.

See: SFGate: San Francisco Bay Area - News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Classifieds - SFGate

BTW, anyone who wants to peruse their local news to post gun violence or incidents where a gun was responsible for saving lives or property, please do.

Every time a cop pulls his gun and arrests someone society is a much safer place, and I assure you it happens every single day. Now you're going to go all "because it's cops it's OK" on me... Well answer me this genius. How safe is society when only criminals, the Military and cops have guns? Keep in mind... Just because someone is a cop does not make them a good person. Like anything else, there are bad cops out there. How do you think America would be if criminals and bad cops alternated forcibly entering people's homes when they both know there is absolutely nothing to fear. The sorry ass anti gun crowd think they are doing society a favor by using gun violence as an excuse to trample the majority of law abiding citizens freedoms by playing on people's emotions. This anti gun... Excuse me, anti freedom Bullshit comes up every time some kook kills someone with a gun. Oddly enough, nobody seems to give a damn when some teenage girl runs over a child with a car while she's texting friends... A car isn't as frightening an inanimate object as a gun I guess.

Americans own a whopping 270 million guns. That is 88.8 guns per 100 people. With only 4 percent of the world population, Americans own 42 percent of the entire 644 million guns in the world. India and China with a combined population that is more than seven times that of the U.S. are in distant second and third place with 46 million and 40 million guns respectively.

A recent study by the Harvard Injury Control Research Center concludes that "Where there are more guns there is more homicide."

The profit motive of the gun manufacturers is conveniently hidden by the gun lobby behind a misconstrued interpretation of the Second Amendment, presenting the case as a civil rights issue.

The US is the number one exporter of arms worldwide.
Zaman Stanizai: Is American Gun Culture Compatible With a Modern Civil Society?

How has the second amendment been misconstrued?

Americans own a whopping 270 million guns. That is 88.8 guns per 100 people. With only 4 percent of the world population, Americans own 42 percent of the entire 644 million guns in the world. India and China with a combined population that is more than seven times that of the U.S. are in distant second and third place with 46 million and 40 million guns respectively.

A recent study by the Harvard Injury Control Research Center concludes that "Where there are more guns there is more homicide."

The profit motive of the gun manufacturers is conveniently hidden by the gun lobby behind a misconstrued interpretation of the Second Amendment, presenting the case as a civil rights issue.

The US is the number one exporter of arms worldwide.
Zaman Stanizai: Is American Gun Culture Compatible With a Modern Civil Society?
Ass wipe I've already busted another shit stain for using irrelevant sources when it comes to firearms. the FBI in 2009 said guns sales went up and crime went down..

There really is no point in debating gun controls. I guess we simply bury the bodies and hope no one we know or love is victim of senseless violence. Some believe guns are not a problem; I agree, it is the NRA and those who support the proliferation of guns for fun and profit who are the problem.

Last edited:
Self defense is not fun Wry. Its a right and protects many people from death at the hands of another on many occassions. What your feelings tell you has little to do with reality.

Maybe the left will wake up a realize there are many weapons to kill with. Focus on the mentally unstable with violent tendencies. You want to mandate smaller magazines, standard background checks and higher standards to own rapidfire guns? For me, that falls within the limits of reasonable.

Forum List

Back