guns and alcohol don't mix

Stupid liberal... A lot of people take a pack of beers with them when they go out shooting, and shoot the bottles/cans afterwards. I've been doing that for a long time...never went out to do drive bys afterwards either.

yeah it is called moderation

Um... probably still not the best idea in the world. :D

when i was a young kid weather providing

dad would take me to the gravel pit

with my 22 and a couple boxes of shells

and work with me on my shooting skills

usually pixie sticks at 25 yards

and the base of 12 gauge shotgun shells at 50 yards

he almost always had a couple of beers

as he watched my breathing

my barrel cycle

the trigger squeeze

how i handled the rifle

no one got out of control

he taught me a lot about shooting

sportsmanship

and conserving the land

now cherished memories

You liberals can't handle your alcohol & have terrible friends if you can't drink a few beers and shoot off a few rounds without being in a state of constant fear.

Drinking alcohol and shooting guns: IRRESPONSIBLE GUN OWNER

It would only be irresponsible if I gave a moron like you a gun, drunk or sober.
this kid was sober and did society a favor.He needs a medal.
Fate of boy who killed neo-Nazi father to be decided | World news | theguardian.com

Only in the lefty world of lunacy would someone commiting a drive-by shooting be referred to as a responsible gun owner.

Nice try but only your fellow low information fools will swallow this one.

You don't get the sarcasm; you miss the point. You folks are always talking about responsible gun owners. You would consider this guy one until the night he got drunk and started shooting from a moving vehicle. The point is, you think everyone who hasn't yet done something like this, or accidently shot and/or killed someone, is responsible. The label 'responsible gun owner' is meaningless because so many of the people the pro-gun people give that label turn out to be irresponsible gun owners.

Completely missing the sarcasm by focusing on human foibles in one area expressly to propagate a personal/political agenda............
Now apply the labels to "responsible speaker"..... "responsible driver"..... "responsible cook"...... "responsible (add whatever descriptor you want).
As for your "so many", put it in perspective, what percentage of the population are you referring to? In 2012 we had almost 314 million people in this country alone.......... Oh and don't use Bloomburg's stats, they are HIGHLY inflated by skewing data.

Only in the lefty world of lunacy would someone commiting a drive-by shooting be referred to as a responsible gun owner.

You don't get the sarcasm; you miss the point. You folks are always talking about responsible gun owners. You would consider this guy one until the night he got drunk and started shooting from a moving vehicle. The point is, you think everyone who hasn't yet done something like this, or accidently shot and/or killed someone, is responsible. The label 'responsible gun owner' is meaningless because so many of the people the pro-gun people give that label turn out to be irresponsible gun owners.

Completely missing the sarcasm by focusing on human foibles in one area expressly to propagate a personal/political agenda............
Now apply the labels to "responsible speaker"..... "responsible driver"..... "responsible cook"...... "responsible (add whatever descriptor you want).
As for your "so many", put it in perspective, what percentage of the population are you referring to? In 2012 we had almost 314 million people in this country alone.......... Oh and don't use Bloomburg's stats, they are HIGHLY inflated by skewing data.
Irresponsible speakers or cooks don't kill people. We have laws about drinking and driving. There should be laws regarding drinking and guns too.

It would only be irresponsible if I gave a moron like you a gun, drunk or sober.
this kid was sober and did society a favor.He needs a medal.
Fate of boy who killed neo-Nazi father to be decided | World news | theguardian.com

Sad story...can't say I care about a dead Nazi though.

Here's another thing. So often on this board I read things like this, a support and encouragement of vigilante justice. That is one thing that makes it all wrong for the ordinary citizen to have a gun, because you applaud and support vigilante justice. What's to keep you from engaging in it yourself?

Right, like "law abiding citizen".

That label is also meaningless because so many people given that label later commit a crime, thus they are actually criminals.

So, in that vein, I'd like for you, Esmeralda, to please report to your local county jail to begin serving your sentence as the criminal you might turn out to be in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You liberals can't handle your alcohol & have terrible friends if you can't drink a few beers and shoot off a few rounds without being in a state of constant fear.

And then there is this: people with no sense of civility having guns. Why do you call me names? I haven't called you or anyone on this thread a name, but you, like an adolescent, feel you have the right to call me a name. This kind of childishness and lack of self control and civility is another indication why the 'average' guy shouldn't have a gun. You don't know how to behave or control yourself. What keeps you from flying off the handle and shooting someone because they are anti-gun and you just don't like what they say about guns?

Sad story...can't say I care about a dead Nazi though.

Here's another thing. So often on this board I read things like this, a support and encouragement of vigilante justice. That is one thing that makes it all wrong for the ordinary citizen to have a gun, because you applaud and support vigilante justice. What's to keep you from engaging in it yourself?

I don't applaud vigilante justice. So why are you telling me this?

Irresponsible speakers or cooks don't kill people. We have laws about drinking and driving. There should be laws regarding drinking and guns too.

You're kidding..... right?

Cooks have been poisoning people from time immemorial and I suppose you think Pearl Harbor was a spontaneous act, the Japanese simply showed up and attacked, no planning (speaking) involved whatsoever...... Speech, in all it's forms, has killed more people than firearms ever will.
Also heart disease and stroke kill nearly a million people every year in this country. Given your position we should either ban or heavily regulate hearts and vascular systems because hearts kill people.........

What keeps me from killing people who are anti-gun? Gee I don't know...could be that I am not a psychotic murderer & do not wish to kill anyone if I don't have to? I respect life, I respect free speech & thought.

And then there is this: people with no sense of civility having guns. Why do you call me names? I haven't called you or anyone on this thread a name, but you, like an adolescent, feel you have the right to call me a name. This kind of childishness and lack of self control and civility is another indication why the 'average' guy shouldn't have a gun. You don't know how to behave or control yourself. What keeps you from flying off the handle and shooting someone because they are anti-gun and you just don't like what they say about guns?

That label is also meaningless because so many people given that label later commit a crime, thus they are actually criminals.

So, in that vein, I'd like for you, Esmeralda, to please report to your local county jail to begin serving your sentence for criminal you might turn out to be in the future.

Thanks in advance.
Again, you are missing the point. I don't know if it is intentional or not. There seems to be a lot of red herrings in the arguments pro-gun people use. A gun is a weapon. It has only one purpose: to kill or wound. It isn't the same if I don't pay my taxes or a myraid of other things where I'm not law abiding. When a gun is used irrepsonsibly, someone can die. When someone is irresponsible about being 'law abiding,' most of the time it does not result in death or even injury. So, trying to create analogies where guns are equal to other things is fallacious logic.

In anycase, I have been there done that countless times as far as discussing guns. I am of the opinion that many people in the developed West have regarding Americans (the pro-gun people) and their guns: lunacy and childishness. And I'm done here as the only argument and position you have is a compilation of red herrings and false analogies. It is completely tiresome and pointless trying to discuss this issue with you.

Last edited:
Just thought I would throw this out there...I know the left wants to ban the guns to make us all safer. :eusa_whistle:

$gun.jpg

You're kidding..... right?

Cooks have been poisoning people from time immemorial and I suppose you think Pearl Harbor was a spontaneous act, the Japanese simply showed up and attacked, no planning (speaking) involved whatsoever...... Speech, in all it's forms, has killed more people than firearms ever will.
Also heart disease and stroke kill nearly a million people every year in this country. Given your position we should either ban or heavily regulate hearts and vascular systems because hearts kill people.........

Again, you are making false analogies. It would be very helpful if you folks would learn how to use logical reasoning.

Last edited:

So, in that vein, I'd like for you, Esmeralda, to please report to your local county jail to begin serving your sentence for criminal you might turn out to be in the future.

Thanks in advance.
Again, you are missing the point. I don't know if it is intentional or not. There seems to be a lot of red herrings in the arguments pro-gun people use. A gun is a weapon. It has only one purpose: to kill or wound. It isn't the same if I don't pay my taxes or a myraid of other things where I'm not law abiding. When a gun is used irrepsonsibly, someone can die. When someone is irresponsible about being 'law abiding,' most of the time it does not result in death or even injury. So, trying to create analogies where guns are equal to other things is fallacious logic.

In anycase, I have been there done that countless times as far as discussing guns. I am of the opinion that many people in the developed West have regarding Americans (the pro-gun people) and their guns: lunacy and childishness. And I'm done here as the only argument and position you have is a compilation of red herrings and false analogies. It is completely tiresome and pointless trying to discuss this issue with you.

The analogy is hindering your right to freedom as a law abiding citizen based on the fact that others have disabused that freedom and committed crimes up to and including mass murder...as you would attempt to obstuct my right to bear arms based on the irresponsibility of a miniscule minority of gun owners.

Forum List

Back