Guns and Bombs: the politics of domestic terrorism

Londoner

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2010
When a mentally deranged person kills 20+ school children because of an easily acquired high capacity gun, we claim that ABSOLUTELY nothing can be done.

We are told that we can't tighten background checks or ask sensible questions about whether or not the 2nd Amendment extends to things like, say, machine guns. We can't do ANYTHING save shrug our shoulders under the sad realization that life is unfair.

However, when the same deranged violent whacko detonates a bomb and kills 3 people, the Republicans go on offense. They want to ramp up the War on Terror before there is any evidence of foreign involvement. News Alert: America is filled with people who commit violent acts. Look at all the mass shootings. Obviously, these same people would have no problem using bombs EXCEPT THAT BOMBS ARE HARDER TO ACQUIRE. We see less bomb violence because it's harder to walk into Walmart and buy a bomb. You have to make a bomb. The fact that it's harder to acquire a bomb MEANS THAT there is less bomb violence.

Here is my question...

Why can't we talk about making some weapons harder to acquire? Why do Republicans go on offense when murder is caused by a bomb? When do they go on defense and say "nothing can be done" when violence is caused by a gun?

Why?

Last edited:
When a mentally deranged person kills 20+ school children because of an easily acquired high capacity gun, we claim that ABSOLUTELY nothing can be done.

We are told that we can't tighten background checks or ask sensible questions about whether or not the 2nd Amendment extends to things like, say, machine guns. We can't do ANYTHING save shrug our shoulders under the sad realization that life is unfair.

However, when the same deranged violent whacko detonates a bomb and kills 3 people, the Republicans go on offense. They want to ramp up the War on Terror before there is any evidence of foreign involvement. News Alert: America is filled with people who commit violent acts. Look at all the mass shootings. Obviously, these same people would have no problem using bombs EXCEPT THAT BOMBS ARE HARDER TO ACQUIRE. We see less bomb violence because it's harder to walk into Walmart and buy a bomb. You to make a bomb. The fact that it's harder to acquire a bomb MEANS THAT there is less bomb violence.

Here is my question...

Why can't we talk about making some weapons harder to acquire? Why do Republicans go on offense when murder is caused by a bomb? When do they go on defense and say "nothing can be done" when violence is caused by a gun?

Why?
Aren't you embellishing just a little bit?

What types of guns are specifically enumerated in the Constitution. This is not a snarky or rhetorical question. I don't know the answer.

Both parties are Corporate Engines of Destruction, demolishing your civil and economic liberties at every "opportunity."

It appears that you are asking a question based on the philosophy that two wrongs make a right.

What you should be asking is how the American people tolerate this shit from either party.

Wrong we want to find the guy, try him and hang him. We just dont want to ban everything in the world, especially guns.

However, when the same deranged violent whacko detonates a bomb and kills 3 people, the Republicans go on offense. They want to ramp up the War on Terror before there is any evidence of foreign involvement. News Alert: America is filled with people who commit violent acts. Look at all the mass shootings. Obviously, these same people would have no problem using bombs EXCEPT THAT BOMBS ARE HARDER TO ACQUIRE. We see less bomb violence because it's harder to walk into Walmart and buy a bomb. You have to make a bomb. The fact that it's harder to acquire a bomb MEANS THAT there is less bomb violence.

Here is my question...

Why?

Republicans were apalled by the shooting too you dumbfuck? Have you seen republicans want to ban bomb materials? if so, lets ban every household cleaner.....God you're fucktard.

The real question is, how long until the democrats come to this idiots defense?

Here is my question...

Why?

Making a bomb is relatively easy. Making a bomb without blowing yourself up while trying to build it is the hard part.

I have a degree in Chemical Engineering. if I put my mind to it and had even the most basic access to a plan for one (internet anyone?) I am reasonably sure I could make one without detonating it prematurely.

Should I get a preventative labatomy because of this?

Here is my question...

Why?

You would have to prove the second part of your claim before I can give you an answer.

I don’t really see republicans wanting to ramp up anything or do anything particularly different. Hell, there is even a thread about Obama stating he is going to bring the full force of the government to bear against these terrorists, hardly republican.

Personally, I don’t really care. There was likely more than 3 killed in other parts of the city on that very same day. Shit happens; we don’t need to disrupt our lives because of everything and certainly should not live in fear of an event that is less likely to kill you than a lightning strike.

What types of guns are specifically enumerated in the Constitution. This is not a snarky or rhetorical question. I don't know the answer.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Why aren't bombs considered arms?

Why can't I go out a buy a .50 cal fully automatic machine gun?

"Arms" means any weapon - not just firearms, but primarily so - that would be effective for militia service, part of the ordinary military equipment in common use at the time, and suitable for any of the traditionaly legal purposes one might have for a weapon.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back