Guns are nothing more than "Mutual Assured Destruction" domestically; IT'S SMART.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Everyone knows the term Mutual Assured Destruction. Meaning....my opponent is as well armed as I am. An attack on him...better be a worthy cause.

Folks...that's all the 2nd Amendment is. It's what gun rights are. For a tyrannical government....or....a gang or ISIS or whoever....knows the citizens are as well armed as they are.

If a corrupt sheriffs department decides they want to oppress and kill some members of certain families...all of whom are armed...they know a fight is coming. That's the point. It makes government BE SURE the cause they pursue is worth it.

So....why do we want to take that away? Why do we want the government to so easily be able to walk all over the citizens- if they so felt like it? It happens all over the world all throughout history.

Everyone knows the term Mutual Assured Destruction. Meaning....my opponent is as well armed as I am. An attack on him...better be a worthy cause.

Folks...that's all the 2nd Amendment is. It's what gun rights are. For a tyrannical government....or....a gang or ISIS or whoever....knows the citizens are as well armed as they are.

If a corrupt sheriffs department decides they want to oppress and kill some members of certain families...all of whom are armed...they know a fight is coming. That's the point. It makes government BE SURE the cause they pursue is worth it.

So....why do we want to take that away? Why do we want the government to so easily be able to walk all over the citizens- if they so felt like it? It happens all over the world all throughout history.

Dear bucs90 where is any mention or credit given to DETERRENCE.
isn't the ability to go to war MOTIVATION to make PEACE instead?
to break up the fighting so nobody has to be hauled off or separated by FORCE?

Where are you getting that guns are just for killing/fighting to the death?

The best use of defense is to DETER against aggression so nobody has to go there!
That is the ideal, PREVENTION of abuses and oppression escalating to violence and war.

Why are you leaving this out? That's the whole point of "security and defense"
the point is not to kill each other, it is to be willing and trained to do so,
following laws, so as much crime and abuses can be stopped and prevented as possible.

Maybe you need a lesson in civics and law enforcement?
See attached Mission State of HPD Houston Police Dept:
http://isocracytx.net/ec/hpdmissn.gif

hpdmissn.gif

The role of the police is to resolve problems through the enforcement of laws -- not through the imposition of judgement or punishment.

And read the last line on the summarized mission of the HPD on working cooperatively with the public and within the framework of the US Constitution to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear and provide for a safe environment.

Forum List

Back