Guns kill nearly 1,300 US children each year, study says

I hope one day Americans realise how bad is the 2nd amendment and how safe and sound most countries live in gun free environment.
Cause the death and massacres from guns and gun culture is an American signature and it's sad for a so called advanced nation.

You will lose bigly....
Getting killed by a terrorist is 1 in 3 billion , getting shot is 1 in 300 ;).

I've lived in LA for years no one got killed by a terrorist, but hundreds got shot and killed.
Guns make it easier to commit crimes and harm others and it empowers people to do harm, their absence in other countries contribute to the low level of gun violence ;).
I've lived in countries that are gun free, it's awesome the US should try it... less people injured and dead for sure.

The United States of America has a thing called the Constitution and it provides the citizens of this country the right to purchase and own fire arms. It is a right that no other country offers and it is a right that men have died to protect. If you don't like it, you can either a) attempt to change the Constitution or b) move to a country that is gun free.

You are more than welcome to take the nearest exit.

Remember: Delta is ready when you are!

Death tolls from gun violence in the US is the highest in the world.

You might get shot by your kids your wife, or a road rage, or a fired co-worker, might shoot you for one reason or another it doesn't have to be a gang member.
Last shootings in my area:
Work violence, son killed his dad, man killed his wife.
In other countries they fist fight it at worst. Get the picture?
That 17 year olds end up as "gang bangers" is pretty sad, and a pretty damning indictment of the US, don't you think?
No just the shithole cities they live in

There are no gangs in my county

Back to the "it's not hot in my county, therefore there's no global warming?" sort of shitty argument?

You know global warming may actually affect me. I don't think it will be the biblical disaster that you people make it out to be but gang related gun violence in shit hole cities will never affect me where I live so I really don't give a shit about it.

I have never seen a road rage incident in over 30 years of driving.
I have never seen a disgruntled employee or coworker threaten to shoot anyone in over 30 years of work and business experience
My wife would never shoot me just as I would never shoot her

And FYI fists and feet kill more people every year than all rifles and shotguns combined
Knives even more

A gun is NOT going to make a person who would not kill suddenly become a killer

Nope we are multiplying like rabbits and one day the US will leave in peace like other countries do, after we abolish gun ownership. Till then turn the news on and see how many die everyday.

I hope one day Americans realise how bad is the 2nd amendment and how safe and sound most countries live in gun free environment.
Cause the death and massacres from guns and gun culture is an American signature and it's sad for a so called advanced nation.

You will lose bigly....

I've lived in LA for years no one got killed by a terrorist, but hundreds got shot and killed.
Guns make it easier to commit crimes and harm others and it empowers people to do harm, their absence in other countries contribute to the low level of gun violence ;).
I've lived in countries that are gun free, it's awesome the US should try it... less people injured and dead for sure.

The United States of America has a thing called the Constitution and it provides the citizens of this country the right to purchase and own fire arms. It is a right that no other country offers and it is a right that men have died to protect. If you don't like it, you can either a) attempt to change the Constitution or b) move to a country that is gun free.

You are more than welcome to take the nearest exit.

Remember: Delta is ready when you are!

You might get shot by your kids your wife, or a road rage, or a fired co-worker, might shoot you for one reason or another it doesn't have to be a gang member.
How many are 17 year old gang bangers?

That 17 year olds end up as "gang bangers" is pretty sad, and a pretty damning indictment of the US, don't you think?

Back to the "it's not hot in my county, therefore there's no global warming?" sort of shitty argument?

You know global warming may actually affect me. I don't think it will be the biblical disaster that you people make it out to be but gang related gun violence in shit hole cities will never affect me where I live so I really don't give a shit about it.

400 million guns.......over 15.7 million people actually carrying guns....

Our gun murder rate went down49% from the 90s....

Our gun crime rate went down 75%

Our violent crime rate went down 72%

90% of those who commit murder have long histories of crime and violence going back to their teen years and have felony convictions.....they are not normal people who just one day get mad.......

Your post is not backed up by reality...

You will lose bigly....

Or you might get shot by a Muslim terrorist. You don't even need a gun, they use cars, knives, chop of people's heads off.

Last week in my area three people were killed in an auto accident

You don't need a gun. Get the picture?

Or you might get shot by a Muslim terrorist. You don't even need a gun, they use cars, knives, chop of people's heads off.

sorry...it isn't gun control...it is the non violent nature of their criminals. CRiminals in Britain and Europe get guns easily...they just don't use them to commit murder...and gun violence in Britain is going up...way up, 20 years after they banned and confiscated guns......their culture has changed...they can no longer civilize young males raised by teenage girls......and they are turning into violent barbarians......and murder will continue to rise...especially as they take money from their police to prop up their social hand out system....

You will lose bigly....

Guns make it easier for good, normal, law abiding people to stand up to and survive attacks by younger, stronger, more aggressive and more numerous criminal attackers..........and as more Americans carried guns...our crime rate went down, not up...

I have never seen a disgruntled employee or coworker threaten to shoot anyone in over 30 years of work and business experience

And FYI fists and feet kill more people every year than all rifles and shotguns combined
Knives even more

No......not true...we aren't even in the top 10.....

Or they kill each other with baseball bats, machetes, knives, or anything else they can get their hands on, but mostly people kill each other with their fists!

Except that mostly people in the US kill each other with guns, in fact 3/4 of all murders are with guns.

70-80% of the victims are criminals engaged in crime.......so?

90% of those who commit murder have long histories of crime and violence going back to their teen years and have felony convictions.....they are not normal people who just one day get mad.......

Gun crimes in the US went from ridiculously high to slightly less ridiculously high, but still ridiculously high.

You will lose bigly....

Yes.

12 million innocent people in Europe agreed with you...and gave up their guns to their governments...after all...the government said they were dangerous, and that the police would protect them....20 years later those 12 million people, who gave up their guns, were marched into gas chambers when their governments turned evil......

If you average out those murders, the murder rate in Europe is far higher than ours over the same time period.....

I'll keep the 2nd Amendment for future generations....

Gun crimes in the US went from ridiculously high to slightly less ridiculously high, but still ridiculously high.

Stay out of democrat neighborhoods and you won't get shot.

You will lose bigly....

Aren't most of those shot either gang-bangers or suicides?

Do you have a link for your statistics? The odds of dying in a car accident are 1 in 272. Shouldn't we ban cars in favor of public transportation?

General health - The 25 Most Common Causes of Death - MedHelp
Car accident
Odds of dying: 1 in 272

Car accidents are a major area of concern in the U.S. and teenage drivers are at the root of the problem. In 2009, the CDC reported that 3,000 teens ages 15 to 19 were killed in automobile accidents and 350,000 were treated in emergency rooms because of car accidents. While young people ages 15 to 24 comprise 14 percent of the population, they account for 30 percent of car accidents.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-odds-of-being-shot-and-killed-in-the-US
"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports 11,208 homicides by firearm (out of 16,121 homicides total; roughly 70 percent of all homicides), 505 unintentional (keyword there) deaths to firearms and 281 deaths due to discharge of firearm due to completely unknown causes.

It’s true that overall deaths by firearms is more than 30,000; most (more than 20,000 of them) are suicides, so those should be set aside.

Overall, near as makes no difference (for these purposes) 2.597 million people died in that year. (2013) Of those, 11,994 people were killed by guns in a manner that was not suicide or 0.46 percent (less than half of one percent) of all deaths.

Therefore, you could say - in a grossly inaccurate, roundabout way - that the overall odds are 0.46 percent.

However, let’s drill that down a little more. What circumstances do you mean? Do you mean purposefully murdered or accidentally shot?

Homicide by firearm - 11,208 in 2013 - would account for roughly 0.432 percent of all deaths.

Accidental shootings (whether a person accidentally shoots themselves or is accidentally shot by someone else) would account for 0.03 percent of all deaths.
"

You don't think sums it up nicely. You don't know, you think.

So, you don't seems to care about the rest of your country? You don't worry that it probably actually does impact your life at times. You seem to be extremely selfish from what I've seen of your posts. You don't care about other people, you don't care about other places. You only care about yourself.

I can't worry about every person in the country. And no, inner city gang violence does not affect me in any way. The people who run those cities are the problem. I don't live there and can't vote to change the leadership and I'm sure as shit not going to move to a city so I can.

80% of gun murders are tied to some sort of illegal activity and most of the murderers and victims have arrest and criminal records. There is nothing I can do to stop that. I sure as shit ain't giving up my ability to protect myself and my wife because I naively think that if I don't have a gun some inner city gang banger might not get shot.

80%, and that still means the other 20% impact others outside of those areas. It's also dragging your country down massively.

But then, you just have to hope no one you know or love gets caught up in the shit, or the shit doesn't end up on your doorstep at some point, because it does happen.

That 20% of non criminal victims also has a lot of family and friends of criminals in that number......that leaves about 1,500 people, not associated with the criminal lifestyle who are murdered with guns.......

We have over 320,000,000 people in this country.....

320,000,000 to 1,500

Then, you add the perspective that cars accidentally killed over 36,000 people in 2015.......and for some reason you don't worry about car deaths with the same urgency.....

You have an irrational fear of guns...the numbers prove it.

You don't think sums it up nicely. You don't know, you think.

So, you don't seems to care about the rest of your country? You don't worry that it probably actually does impact your life at times. You seem to be extremely selfish from what I've seen of your posts. You don't care about other people, you don't care about other places. You only care about yourself.

I can't worry about every person in the country. And no, inner city gang violence does not affect me in any way. The people who run those cities are the problem. I don't live there and can't vote to change the leadership and I'm sure as shit not going to move to a city so I can.

80% of gun murders are tied to some sort of illegal activity and most of the murderers and victims have arrest and criminal records. There is nothing I can do to stop that. I sure as shit ain't giving up my ability to protect myself and my wife because I naively think that if I don't have a gun some inner city gang banger might not get shot.

80%, and that still means the other 20% impact others outside of those areas. It's also dragging your country down massively.

But then, you just have to hope no one you know or love gets caught up in the shit, or the shit doesn't end up on your doorstep at some point, because it does happen.

So you wouldn't be happy if the murder rate was cut by 80%. No country has a murder rate of ZERO.

The country is being dragged down far more by the inept politicians you people vote for than it is inner city gang gun violence. There are several concentrated areas of crime that skew the stats for the rest of the country. I understand this you seem to think all the crime and murder is evenly distributed.

No one I love will get caught up in the shit because no one I love lives in an inner city shit hole. And if that kind of violence ends up in my little town I'll move

Knives even more

No it's not the highest in the world

I'd be safer in Iraq. :lol:

There are flights there every day......

There are flights there every day......
Is that how you send ISIS guns?

Forum List

Back