HAHA. Court forces black baker to bake cake for KKK party

Makes up for the hundreds of years blacks were systematically discriminated against.

But they weren't. Blacks failure is due to black inferiority. Why is africa stuck in the stone age? It's not due to racism because all of black africa is controlled by blacks and has been for decades.

Point being, until AA allows businesses to refuse to hire all whites on the grounds that they're white, your claim is false.

Actually, your claim is false. Completely, horribly.

Your position would posit that discrimination does not happen against an individual unless it: 1) Happens to all individuals of the same class, 2) Happens in 100% of situations involving said individuals, and 3) Is executed to the fullest possible extend.

In other words, what you've just done is to present a variation of the "I'm not racist, I have a friend who is black" and "separate but equal" fallacies that our society has long since recognized as failures and since abandoned. After all, if I told you that I don't discriminate against blacks, and then tried to prove it by pointing out that I just hired a guy named Jamaal as our "token" black guy, would you really believe that I wasn't discriminating against black people in my normal course of doing business? Just because one individual managed to avoid discrimination (or perhaps the discrimination simply was not readily visible) does not mean that the discrimination does not exist.

You're splitting hairs. It discriminates against white males. If you have a quota to hire a certain number of blacks, the only way to do it is to discriminate against more qualified white candidates. White Jim Crow laws is exactly what they are.

The bottom line is that you're totally full of shit.

Didn't Jim Crow laws ban black people from establishments, and allow businesses to refuse to hire any black people?

(That was rhetorical, the answer is yes)

Point being, until AA allows businesses to refuse to hire all whites on the grounds that they're white, your claim is false. I'm sure you'll either call me a crude name or say I'm full of it, but sorry. Your claim is false. You are wrong. You are always wrong when you go toe to toe with me, because you argue with your emotions and I argue with fact. You will never beat me in any dispute on here because I'll always be one step ahead of you. Hint: it helps to have the truth on your side.

Once again (and I can't emphasize this enough), You are wrong.

Sorry for your loss.

Jim crows laws didn't "allow" businesses to discriminate against blacks. There were no laws in the entire country requiring any business to hire anyone. Jim Crows Laws forced businesses to setup separate facilities for blacks. Affirmative action forces business to favor blacks and Hispanics over White males, so its actually worse than Jim Crow. The fact that it doesn't preclude them from hiring any whites doesn't mean they aren't discriminating. They are. You claimed the law doesn't discriminate, so you're full of shit, just as I said.

Point being, until AA allows businesses to refuse to hire all whites on the grounds that they're white, your claim is false.

Actually, your claim is false. Completely, horribly.

Your position would posit that discrimination does not happen against an individual unless it: 1) Happens to all individuals of the same class, 2) Happens in 100% of situations involving said individuals, and 3) Is executed to the fullest possible extend.

In other words, what you've just done is to present a variation of the "I'm not racist, I have a friend who is black" and "separate but equal" fallacies that our society has long since recognized as failures and since abandoned. After all, if I told you that I don't discriminate against blacks, and then tried to prove it by pointing out that I just hired a guy named Jamaal as our "token" black guy, would you really believe that I wasn't discriminating against black people in my normal course of doing business? Just because one individual managed to avoid discrimination (or perhaps the discrimination simply was not readily visible) does not mean that the discrimination does not exist.

I'm guessing you missed the post in which I commented, discrimination is perceived by the offended.
It's subjective according to your beliefs and values.

Last edited:
Makes up for the hundreds of years blacks were systematically discriminated against.

But they weren't. Blacks failure is due to black inferiority. Why is africa stuck in the stone age? It's not due to racism because all of black africa is controlled by blacks and has been for decades.
You pride yourself on being KKKin, don't you?

If you don't like the typical stereotypical image of your race, do something to change that image.
No need to be KKKin when you folks do such a good job of debasing and devaluing yourselves simply by your actions.
The fact there is a segment that does not "like" black's that is multicultural and cross sectional of the public just burns your ass doesn't it??
But instead of addressing the root cause of the problem you would rather throw out the race card and use ad hominem attacks.

Affirmative action is the government policy of discriminating against white males. The same goes for "protected classes."

Oh, I see what you're saying, I just don't understand why you're saying it. You're loaded description is false. AA is the government policy of having quotas of certain minorities that must be fulfilled. It isn't a policy that tells employers, "You can't hire any white males." You act as if these are White Jim Crow laws.

Now, do I agree with AA? No, I do not. I feel that the "fill a quota" is to 'one size fits all'. It doesn't actually work.

You're splitting hairs. It discriminates against white males. If you have a quota to hire a certain number of blacks, the only way to do it is to discriminate against more qualified white candidates. White Jim Crow laws is exactly what they are.

The bottom line is that you're totally full of shit.

What have whites born in the last 50 years done to deserve government discrimination? There's nothing just about having government persecute innocent people because of something that happened 50 or 150 years ago. Only a barbarian would entertain such a notion.

If you don't like the typical stereotypical image of your race, do something to change that image.
No need to be KKKin when you folks do such a good job of debasing and devaluing yourselves simply by your actions.
The fact there is a segment that does not "like" black's that is multicultural and cross sectional of the public just burns your ass doesn't it??
But instead of addressing the root cause of the problem you would rather throw out the race card and use ad hominem attacks.

You aren't helping your cause.

What is "the stereotypical image of my race?"

They do. Not surprised the GOP is cheering the KKK.

Modern stereotypes

Drug lords, crack victims, evil
Many of these negative stereotypes spill over into news media portrayals of minorities. Scholars agree that news stereotypes of people of color are pervasive (e.g., Dates & Barlow, 1993; Martindale, 1990; Collins, 2004; Poindexter, Smith, & Heider, 2003; Rowley, 2003; West, 2001). For instance, Entman (2000) found that African Americans were more likely to appear as perpetrators in drug and violent crime stories on network news.

In the 1980s and 1990s, stereotypes of black men shifted and the primary images were of drug lords, crack victims, the underclass, the homeless, and subway muggers (Drummond, 1990). Similarly, Douglas (1995), who looked at O. J. Simpson, Louis Farrakhan, and the Million Man March, found that media placed African-American men on a spectrum of good versus evil.

Watermelon stereotype
Main article: Watermelon stereotype
The stereotype has it that African Americans have an unusual appetite for watermelons.

Fried chicken
It is a commonly held stereotype that African Americans love fried chicken, which race and folklore professor Claire Schmidt attributes both to its popularity in Southern cuisine and to a scene from the film Birth of a Nation, in which a rowdy African American man is seen eating fried chicken in a legislative hall.[21] The stereotype is occasionally portrayed as "chicken and waffles".

Welfare queen
Main article: Welfare queen
This stereotype has longevity. Studies show that the welfare queen idea has roots in both race and gender. Franklin Gilliam, the author of a public perception experiment on welfare, concludes that:

While poor women of all races get blamed for their impoverished condition, African-American women are seen to commit the most egregious violations of American values. This story line taps into stereotypes about both women (uncontrolled sexuality) and African-Americans (laziness).

Studies show that the public dramatically overestimates the number of African Americans in poverty, with the cause of this attributed to media trends and its portrayal of poverty.[22]

Magical Negro
Main article: Magical Negro
The magical negro (sometimes called the mystical negro, magic negro, or our magical African-American friend) is a stock character who appears in fiction of a variety of media who, by use of special insight or powers, helps the white protagonist. The word "negro", now considered archaic and offensive, is used intentionally to emphasize the belief that the archetype is a racist throwback, an update of the Sambo stereotype.[23]

The term was popularized by Spike Lee, who dismissed the archetype of the "super-duper magical negro"[24] in 2001 while discussing films with students at Washington State University[25] and at Yale University.[26] The Magical Negro is a subtype of the more generic numinous Negro, a term coined by Richard Brookhiser in National Review.[27] The latter term refers to saintly, respected or heroic black protagonists or mentors, unsubtly portrayed in U.S. entertainment productions.[27]

Black women
Common stereotypes of black women in the 21st century are gold digger, independent black woman, and Angry Black Woman. The "angry black woman" is often depicted as always upset and irate. On the other hand, the "independent black woman" is a narcissistic, overachieving, financially successful woman who emasculates black males in her life.[28]

Angry black woman
Main article: Angry Black Woman
Perhaps the most popular stereotype is that of the "angry black woman," whom media depict as upset and irate; consequently she is often deemed a "bitch".[29] Her character is a spinoff of Sapphire, a historical character who is an undesirable depiction in which black women berate black males in their lives with cruel words and exaggerated body language.

Journalists used the angry black woman archetype in their narratives of Michelle Obama during the 2007–08 presidential primaries. Coverage of Mrs. Obama ran the gamut from fawning to favorable to strong to angry to intimidating and unpatriotic. First Lady Michelle Obama told Gayle King on CBS This Morning that she has been caricatured as an "angry black woman"—and that she hopes America will one day learn more about her. "That's been an image that people have tried to paint of me since, you know, the day Barack announced, that I'm some angry black woman", Mrs. Obama said.[citation needed]

The First Lady dismissed a book by New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor entitled The Obamas. Kantor portrayed Mrs. Obama as a hard-nosed operator who sometimes clashed with staffers. Michelle insisted that portrayal is not accurate.[28]

Independent black woman
See also: Black American princess
The "independent black woman" is often depicted as a narcissistic, overachieving, financially successful woman who emasculates black males in her life. Mia Moody, an assistant professor of journalism at Baylor University, described the "independent black woman" in two articles entitled "A rhetorical analysis of the meaning of the 'independent woman'"[30] and "The meaning of 'Independent Woman' in music".[31]

In her studies, Moody concluded that the lyrics and videos of male and female artists portrayed "independent women" differently. Rapper Roxanne Shanté's 1989 rendition of "Independent Woman," explored relationships and asked women not to dote on partners who do not reciprocate. Similarly, the definition of an "independent woman" in Urban Dictionary is: "A woman who pays her own bills, buys her own things, and does not allow a man to affect her stability or self-confidence. She supports herself entirely on her own and is proud to be able to do so". Destiny's Child's song "Independent Women" encourages women to be strong and independent for the sake of their dignity and not for the sake of impressing men. The group frowns upon the idea of depending on anyone: "If you're gonna brag, make sure it's your money you flaunt/depend on no one else to give you what you want". The singers claim their independence through their financial stability.

However, Moody concluded female rappers often depicted sex as a tool for obtaining independence through controlling men and buying material goods. While male rappers viewed the independent woman as one who is educated, pays her own bills, and creates a good home life, never did they mention settling down and often noted that a woman should not weigh them down. Moody analyzed songs, corresponding music videos, and viewer comments of six rap songs by Yo Gotti, Webbie, Drake, Candi Redd, Trina, and Nicki Minaj. She found four main messages: wealth equals independence, beauty and independence are connected, average men deserve perfect women, and sexual prowess equals independence.

"Black bitch"

This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2014)
Just as the Angry Black Woman is a modern manifestation of the Sapphire stereotype, the "black bitch" is a modern manifestation of the Jezebel stereotype. Characters best characterized "bad-black-girls," "black whores" and "black bitches" are archetypes of many Blaxploitation films produced by the white Hollywood establishment. One example of this archetype is the character of Leticia Musgrove in the movie Monster's Ball, portrayed by Halle Berry.

Black athlete

This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2014)
Black people are stereotyped as being more athletic and better at sports compared to white people. Even though African Americans make up 13% of the population, 75% of NBA players and 65% of NFL players are black. All but one of the sprinters who have broken the 10 second barrier in the 100 meter dash are black. African-American college athletes may be seen as getting into college solely on their athletic ability and not their intelligence.

The Black athletic superiority is a theory that says black people possess certain traits that are acquired through genetic and/or environmental factors that allow them to excel over other races in athletic competition. Whites are more likely to hold these views; however, some blacks and other racial affiliations do as well. A 1991 poll in the United States indicated that half of the respondents agreed with the belief that "blacks have more natural physical ability".

In a 1997 study on racial stereotypes in sports, participants were shown a photograph of a white or a black basketball player. They then listened to a recorded radio broadcast of a basketball game. White photographs were rated as exhibiting significantly more intelligence in the way they played the game, even though the radio broadcast and target player represented by the photograph were the same throughout the trial.[32] Several other authors have said that sports coverage that highlights 'natural black athleticism' has the effect of suggesting white superiority in other areas, such as intelligence.[33]

Servant
Throughout the twentieth century, African-Americans in the media appeared almost exclusively in roles of servitude. Butlers were sometimes portrayed as black (for example the butler in many Shirley Temple movies). Housemaids were usually depicted as black, heavy-set middle-aged women who dress in large skirts (examples of this type are Mammy Two-Shoes, Aunt Jemima, Beulah and more recently the title character of Big Momma's House).

Unintelligent
Even after slavery ended the intellectual capacity of Black people was still frequently questioned. Lewis Terman wrote in The Measurement of Intelligence in 1916:

[Black and other ethnic minority children] are ineducable beyond the nearest rudiments of training. No amount of school instruction will ever make them intelligent voters or capable citizens in the sense of the world…their dullness seems to be racial, or at least inherent in the family stock from which they come…Children of this group should be segregated in special classes and be given instruction which is concrete and practical. They cannot master abstractions, but they can be made efficient workers…There is no possibility at present of convincing society that they should not be allowed to reproduce, although from a eugenic point of view they constitute a grave problem because of their unusual prolific breeding.)

One media survey in 1989 showed that blacks were more likely than whites to be described in demeaning intellectual terms.[34] Political activist and one-time presidential candidate Jesse Jackson said in 1985 that the news media portray blacks as less intelligent than we are.[35] Film director Spike Lee explains that these images have negative impacts. "In my neighborhood, we looked up to athletes, guys who got the ladies, and intelligent people", and the images widely portrayed black Americans as living in inner-city areas, very low-income and under-educated than whites.

Even so-called positive images of Black people can lead to stereotypes about intelligence. In Darwin's Athletes: how sport has damaged Black America and preserved the myth of race, John Hoberman writes that the prominence of African American athletes encourages a de-emphasis on academic achievement in black communities.[36]

Stereotypes of African Americans - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Modern stereotypes

Drug lords, crack victims, evil
Many of these negative stereotypes spill over into news media portrayals of minorities. Scholars agree that news stereotypes of people of color are pervasive (e.g., Dates & Barlow, 1993; Martindale, 1990; Collins, 2004; Poindexter, Smith, & Heider, 2003; Rowley, 2003; West, 2001). For instance, Entman (2000) found that African Americans were more likely to appear as perpetrators in drug and violent crime stories on network news.

In the 1980s and 1990s, stereotypes of black men shifted and the primary images were of drug lords, crack victims, the underclass, the homeless, and subway muggers (Drummond, 1990). Similarly, Douglas (1995), who looked at O. J. Simpson, Louis Farrakhan, and the Million Man March, found that media placed African-American men on a spectrum of good versus evil.

Watermelon stereotype
Main article: Watermelon stereotype
The stereotype has it that African Americans have an unusual appetite for watermelons.

Fried chicken
It is a commonly held stereotype that African Americans love fried chicken, which race and folklore professor Claire Schmidt attributes both to its popularity in Southern cuisine and to a scene from the film Birth of a Nation, in which a rowdy African American man is seen eating fried chicken in a legislative hall.[21] The stereotype is occasionally portrayed as "chicken and waffles".

Welfare queen
Main article: Welfare queen
This stereotype has longevity. Studies show that the welfare queen idea has roots in both race and gender. Franklin Gilliam, the author of a public perception experiment on welfare, concludes that:

While poor women of all races get blamed for their impoverished condition, African-American women are seen to commit the most egregious violations of American values. This story line taps into stereotypes about both women (uncontrolled sexuality) and African-Americans (laziness).

Studies show that the public dramatically overestimates the number of African Americans in poverty, with the cause of this attributed to media trends and its portrayal of poverty.[22]

Magical Negro
Main article: Magical Negro
The magical negro (sometimes called the mystical negro, magic negro, or our magical African-American friend) is a stock character who appears in fiction of a variety of media who, by use of special insight or powers, helps the white protagonist. The word "negro", now considered archaic and offensive, is used intentionally to emphasize the belief that the archetype is a racist throwback, an update of the Sambo stereotype.[23]

The term was popularized by Spike Lee, who dismissed the archetype of the "super-duper magical negro"[24] in 2001 while discussing films with students at Washington State University[25] and at Yale University.[26] The Magical Negro is a subtype of the more generic numinous Negro, a term coined by Richard Brookhiser in National Review.[27] The latter term refers to saintly, respected or heroic black protagonists or mentors, unsubtly portrayed in U.S. entertainment productions.[27]

Black women
Common stereotypes of black women in the 21st century are gold digger, independent black woman, and Angry Black Woman. The "angry black woman" is often depicted as always upset and irate. On the other hand, the "independent black woman" is a narcissistic, overachieving, financially successful woman who emasculates black males in her life.[28]

Angry black woman
Main article: Angry Black Woman
Perhaps the most popular stereotype is that of the "angry black woman," whom media depict as upset and irate; consequently she is often deemed a "bitch".[29] Her character is a spinoff of Sapphire, a historical character who is an undesirable depiction in which black women berate black males in their lives with cruel words and exaggerated body language.

Journalists used the angry black woman archetype in their narratives of Michelle Obama during the 2007–08 presidential primaries. Coverage of Mrs. Obama ran the gamut from fawning to favorable to strong to angry to intimidating and unpatriotic. First Lady Michelle Obama told Gayle King on CBS This Morning that she has been caricatured as an "angry black woman"—and that she hopes America will one day learn more about her. "That's been an image that people have tried to paint of me since, you know, the day Barack announced, that I'm some angry black woman", Mrs. Obama said.[citation needed]

The First Lady dismissed a book by New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor entitled The Obamas. Kantor portrayed Mrs. Obama as a hard-nosed operator who sometimes clashed with staffers. Michelle insisted that portrayal is not accurate.[28]

Independent black woman
See also: Black American princess
The "independent black woman" is often depicted as a narcissistic, overachieving, financially successful woman who emasculates black males in her life. Mia Moody, an assistant professor of journalism at Baylor University, described the "independent black woman" in two articles entitled "A rhetorical analysis of the meaning of the 'independent woman'"[30] and "The meaning of 'Independent Woman' in music".[31]

In her studies, Moody concluded that the lyrics and videos of male and female artists portrayed "independent women" differently. Rapper Roxanne Shanté's 1989 rendition of "Independent Woman," explored relationships and asked women not to dote on partners who do not reciprocate. Similarly, the definition of an "independent woman" in Urban Dictionary is: "A woman who pays her own bills, buys her own things, and does not allow a man to affect her stability or self-confidence. She supports herself entirely on her own and is proud to be able to do so". Destiny's Child's song "Independent Women" encourages women to be strong and independent for the sake of their dignity and not for the sake of impressing men. The group frowns upon the idea of depending on anyone: "If you're gonna brag, make sure it's your money you flaunt/depend on no one else to give you what you want". The singers claim their independence through their financial stability.

However, Moody concluded female rappers often depicted sex as a tool for obtaining independence through controlling men and buying material goods. While male rappers viewed the independent woman as one who is educated, pays her own bills, and creates a good home life, never did they mention settling down and often noted that a woman should not weigh them down. Moody analyzed songs, corresponding music videos, and viewer comments of six rap songs by Yo Gotti, Webbie, Drake, Candi Redd, Trina, and Nicki Minaj. She found four main messages: wealth equals independence, beauty and independence are connected, average men deserve perfect women, and sexual prowess equals independence.

"Black bitch"

This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2014)
Just as the Angry Black Woman is a modern manifestation of the Sapphire stereotype, the "black bitch" is a modern manifestation of the Jezebel stereotype. Characters best characterized "bad-black-girls," "black whores" and "black bitches" are archetypes of many Blaxploitation films produced by the white Hollywood establishment. One example of this archetype is the character of Leticia Musgrove in the movie Monster's Ball, portrayed by Halle Berry.

Black athlete

This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2014)
Black people are stereotyped as being more athletic and better at sports compared to white people. Even though African Americans make up 13% of the population, 75% of NBA players and 65% of NFL players are black. All but one of the sprinters who have broken the 10 second barrier in the 100 meter dash are black. African-American college athletes may be seen as getting into college solely on their athletic ability and not their intelligence.

The Black athletic superiority is a theory that says black people possess certain traits that are acquired through genetic and/or environmental factors that allow them to excel over other races in athletic competition. Whites are more likely to hold these views; however, some blacks and other racial affiliations do as well. A 1991 poll in the United States indicated that half of the respondents agreed with the belief that "blacks have more natural physical ability".

In a 1997 study on racial stereotypes in sports, participants were shown a photograph of a white or a black basketball player. They then listened to a recorded radio broadcast of a basketball game. White photographs were rated as exhibiting significantly more intelligence in the way they played the game, even though the radio broadcast and target player represented by the photograph were the same throughout the trial.[32] Several other authors have said that sports coverage that highlights 'natural black athleticism' has the effect of suggesting white superiority in other areas, such as intelligence.[33]

Servant
Throughout the twentieth century, African-Americans in the media appeared almost exclusively in roles of servitude. Butlers were sometimes portrayed as black (for example the butler in many Shirley Temple movies). Housemaids were usually depicted as black, heavy-set middle-aged women who dress in large skirts (examples of this type are Mammy Two-Shoes, Aunt Jemima, Beulah and more recently the title character of Big Momma's House).

Unintelligent
Even after slavery ended the intellectual capacity of Black people was still frequently questioned. Lewis Terman wrote in The Measurement of Intelligence in 1916:

[Black and other ethnic minority children] are ineducable beyond the nearest rudiments of training. No amount of school instruction will ever make them intelligent voters or capable citizens in the sense of the world…their dullness seems to be racial, or at least inherent in the family stock from which they come…Children of this group should be segregated in special classes and be given instruction which is concrete and practical. They cannot master abstractions, but they can be made efficient workers…There is no possibility at present of convincing society that they should not be allowed to reproduce, although from a eugenic point of view they constitute a grave problem because of their unusual prolific breeding.)

One media survey in 1989 showed that blacks were more likely than whites to be described in demeaning intellectual terms.[34] Political activist and one-time presidential candidate Jesse Jackson said in 1985 that the news media portray blacks as less intelligent than we are.[35] Film director Spike Lee explains that these images have negative impacts. "In my neighborhood, we looked up to athletes, guys who got the ladies, and intelligent people", and the images widely portrayed black Americans as living in inner-city areas, very low-income and under-educated than whites.

Even so-called positive images of Black people can lead to stereotypes about intelligence. In Darwin's Athletes: how sport has damaged Black America and preserved the myth of race, John Hoberman writes that the prominence of African American athletes encourages a de-emphasis on academic achievement in black communities.[36]

Stereotypes of African Americans - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
What does that pile of crap have to do with my race?

What does that pile of crap have to do with my race?

I believe that the argument is that because stereotypes exist, he is entitled to a worldview that revolves around simplistic perceptions that spoon feed him conclusions based on the preexisting stereotypes. This leads to the inevitable conclusion that you will lose a foot race to Jackie Joyner Kersey, a black woman and one of the most phenomenal female athletes the world has ever known, and that if so, the proper trophy should be a watermelon.

Yes, that is definitely the argument he is making. No, it doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

The board notes that all you have is namecalling. Thanks for admitting i'm right.
You can't win a debate on your stupid racist bullshit even when you start it off with totally fictitious OP. You got caught being to stupid to recognize a fake article or using it knowing it was fake anyhow. Why should anyone other than another simpleton believe or support your nonsense?

Forum List

Back