Hahahaa! Trump is Backing Down Already!

Hahahahaaaa....That didn't take long. What a fucking liar the righties elected. Starting to cave after 72 hours and he's not even in the Oval Office yet:

Donald Trump, in Exclusive Interview, Tells WSJ He Is Willing to Keep Parts of Obama Health Law

That's likely because he's starting to hear from Repubs in the legislature that in their particular states, a blanket demolishment of the ACA will kill them politically.

Yeah, like in states like Kentucky that are red, but millions of people are receiving Medicaid through the ACA. So if that gets repealed, and millions of Republicans lose their health insurance... watch how fast those voters change to Democrats next election.

You don't get Medicaid through the ACA. It has been around for years.

No, the ACA allows states to offer Medicaid to people that qualify for it due to income, and gives federal funding to back it. The first year, that funding paid for 100% of the costs, this coming year I think it drops to 90%. Getting rid of the ACA gets rid of that funding, and states will then cut back the people eligible for Medicaid.

Did you read the article or are you just having an emotional reaction? Oh, emotional reaction because we know you don't read.

Here's the gist of it:

"
Yet, Mr. Trump also showed a willingness to preserve at least two provisions of the health law after the president asked him to reconsider repealing it during their meeting at the White House on Thursday

Mr. Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions, and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies."""

That's a mighty be chunk of people, Sparky. Loser. hahahahaha

He's always said he liked those parts and would keep them. It's not a back step at all. It is what he campaigned on.

Those are non issues. Can an insurance company charge you more, and who are you going to ask. The only thing an insurance company can and should ask is your age, because insurance gets higher every birthday, also on the ACA they ask if you smoke and gender. That is it, not if you have diabetes, leukemia, Ms, a heart condition. They should not ask anything but age and gender. Is that what he said? Do you know that women use to pay more, due to might be pregnant now or in the future. Copays were never included in the OOP max. There was a limit of coverage, say 1,000,000. Trump does not care.

Yes, I knew that. Now, even men pay for prenatal coverage. Is that the improvement you wanted? For everyone to pay that higher rate to make it fair?

Well lets see men get women pg, or am I missing something here. Women do not get prostate ca, and yet we pay for it. Men can get breast ca, but its more a female thing, so who pays. The average baby delivery is not that much, unless a women has a preemie or ill child. Really do you want to go with this, have you ever been on the ACA? Are you also forgetting that people on the ACA are employed and pay taxes same as you do? Unless they are lower income for Medicaid, they pay taxes and work.

My point is that no one's premiums went down. instead, they all rose to match the high rate. Is that the improvement you wanted? Do you consider it an improvement? How is that better than paying for the coverage you want or need. Now, everyone is covered for having a baby, including men and postmenopausal women. Oh, and cancer treatments get dropped b3cause its too expensive, lol.

No one is making you buy insurance in the ACA, but it somewhere else, but you need to buy it.

I don't want to pay for fat asses that eat donuts all day and don't exercise, and lay around and smoke and smoke pot either, but I have no choice. I also do not want to pay for drinkers. But I have no choice. Good God this can go on and on.

Sorry I was wrong... the ACA gives 100% funding through the ACA for the first three years, eventually scaling back to only 90% by 2020. Starting in 2018 though, states will start being required to pay for some of the costs. If Trump repeals that, then states will then quit offering Medicaid to low income individuals. Like those in Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, etc.

Financing
Coverage for the newly eligible adults will be fully funded by the federal government for three years, beginning in 2014, phasing down to 90% by 2020. Authorization for the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is extended through 2019 and funding is currently authorized through 2015. Additional federal funding for state Medicaid programs is also available for primary care, preventive care, community based long-term services and supports, and new demonstrations to improve quality and re-engineer delivery systems.

Financing | Medicaid.gov

He's always said he liked those parts and would keep them. It's not a back step at all. It is what he campaigned on.

Those are non issues. Can an insurance company charge you more, and who are you going to ask. The only thing an insurance company can and should ask is your age, because insurance gets higher every birthday, also on the ACA they ask if you smoke and gender. That is it, not if you have diabetes, leukemia, Ms, a heart condition. They should not ask anything but age and gender. Is that what he said? Do you know that women use to pay more, due to might be pregnant now or in the future. Copays were never included in the OOP max. There was a limit of coverage, say 1,000,000. Trump does not care.

Yes, I knew that. Now, even men pay for prenatal coverage. Is that the improvement you wanted? For everyone to pay that higher rate to make it fair?

Well lets see men get women pg, or am I missing something here. Women do not get prostate ca, and yet we pay for it. Men can get breast ca, but its more a female thing, so who pays. The average baby delivery is not that much, unless a women has a preemie or ill child. Really do you want to go with this, have you ever been on the ACA? Are you also forgetting that people on the ACA are employed and pay taxes same as you do? Unless they are lower income for Medicaid, they pay taxes and work.

My point is that no one's premiums went down. instead, they all rose to match the high rate. Is that the improvement you wanted? Do you consider it an improvement? How is that better than paying for the coverage you want or need. Now, everyone is covered for having a baby, including men and postmenopausal women. Oh, and cancer treatments get dropped b3cause its too expensive, lol.

Have you been on the ACA, do you have insurance. If you do through your employee your are paying for female pregnancies even if you a man. How old are you?

I am 48 years old and have been on employer based insurance, private/personal policies and medicaid at one point. I've even been without insurance. Yes, I know how it works. BTW, you never answered my question, even though asked twice, so why so snippy when yours isn't answered promptly? I'll ask again, is this the improvement you sought? Do you consider it an improvement? I sure dont. This was designed to fail, clearly.

No one is making you buy insurance in the ACA, but it somewhere else, but you need to buy it.

I don't want to pay for fat asses that eat donuts all day and don't exercise, and lay around and smoke and smoke pot either, but I have no choice. I also do not want to pay for drinkers. But I have no choice. Good God this can go on and on.

That's because choice has been removed. I was (prior to ACA) able to buy affordable insurance that I needed: no baby coverage, no dr visit coverage, just catastrophic and labs. That has been removed.

That's because choice has been removed. I was (prior to ACA) able to buy affordable insurance that I needed: no baby coverage, no dr visit coverage, just catastrophic and labs. That has been removed.

Your a female no? Personally I think the man who got the woman pg should pay for it but here goes:
1. It takes two to tango. It's true, as Ellers observed, no man has ever given birth to a baby. It's also true that no baby has ever been born without a man being involved somewhere along the line. Limit maternity coverage only to women of childbearing age, and you're giving many of these guys a free pass.

2. Society has a vested interest in healthy babies and mothers. And that's all society, because unhealthy babies and mothers impose a cost on everybody -- in the expense of caring for them as wards of the public, and in the waste of social resources that comes from children unable to reach their full potential as members of society because of injuries or illnesses caused by poor prenatal and postnatal health.

Child mortality rates are among the most important indicators of a nation's overall health profile, and the U.S. rate stinks compared with the rest of the industrialized world's -- at 7 deaths of children under age 5 per 1,000 live births, it's worse than Israel's, South Korea's, Japan's and every Western European nation's. That's why maternity and newborn care and pediatric services are among the 10 health benefits that Obamacare requires to be part of every health plan.

Some of these benefits are so important, they're required to be among the free benefits of catastrophic health plans that may be sold to individuals under the age of 30. They include anemia screening for pregnant women and folic acid supplements for women of childbearing age.

The most important reason is this one:

3. Universal coverage is the only way to make maternity coverage affordable.

Up to now -- before Obamacare's rules kick in Jan. 1 -- only 12% of policies in the individual insurance market offered maternity coverage. Those that offered the coverage often did so as separate riders imposing huge deductibles for maternity care alone -- $5,000 for maternity services, according to a 2010 survey by the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, and limits on benefits of only a few thousand dollars. The cost of maternity and newborn care is the principal reason that, pre-Obamacare, women were systematically charged more for health insurance than men.

Because insurers pitched maternity coverage in the indivdual market only to buyers of chilbearing age, the premiums were high and they still made almost no money on them. One company internal memo reviewed by the committee stated that its loss on maternity riders came to 90% of income, a money-losing ratio," the memo said.

But that's what happens when you sell an insurance benefit to a narrowly defined market. Without the cross-subsidies inherent in a large pool of insured people, no single coverage is affordable to those who specifically need it.

Yes, men should pay for pregnancy coverage, and here's why

Please don't tell me your pro life too. And Abortion should be illegal.

Last edited:
Hahahahaaaa....That didn't take long. What a fucking liar the righties elected. Starting to cave after 72 hours and he's not even in the Oval Office yet:

Donald Trump, in Exclusive Interview, Tells WSJ He Is Willing to Keep Parts of Obama Health Law

That's likely because he's starting to hear from Repubs in the legislature that in their particular states, a blanket demolishment of the ACA will kill them politically.

Yeah, like in states like Kentucky that are red, but millions of people are receiving Medicaid through the ACA. So if that gets repealed, and millions of Republicans lose their health insurance... watch how fast those voters change to Democrats next election.

You don't get Medicaid through the ACA. It has been around for years.

No, the ACA allows states to offer Medicaid to people that qualify for it due to income, and gives federal funding to back it. The first year, that funding paid for 100% of the costs, this coming year I think it drops to 90%. Getting rid of the ACA gets rid of that funding, and states will then cut back the people eligible for Medicaid.

Medicaid has been offered to people that qualify for it for many years. The cost of Medicaid is shared by the states with the state paying approximately 40% of the cost. The problem presented is States are required to balance their budget and with the additional people in Medicaid they are going to have to raise state taxes.

Now Trump is stating that he may keep parts of Obamacare rather than throwing the whole thing out. Wonder how many other insane positions he will back down on in the next couple of months.

Your a female no?

Yes, I am a female who cannot carry a child even through the first trimester. I don't get a period though, so I consider it a fair trade. I had several miscarriages before I just opted for an IUD.

I dont need maternity coverage, nor does my husband. I can afford the coverage I need but it is no longer legal. That is not an improvement by any stretch of the imagination.

You have a lot of questions for someone who refuses to answer any.

rocks come on,how many elections have you lived through?...how many people running for office say anything to get people behind them,and then when they get elected,they just cant seem to do exactly what they promised......if trump would have acted with some tact and saneness,he would have beat hillary by 5-10 million votes.....

At this early juncture, beware of disinformation by the Pravda USA media.

Next, they'll be telling us that Trump is 1/2 black!

He always stated this. Why is anyone surprised? This is what happens when people listen to the lying msm.

The covering of pre-existing conditions is something the republicans planned on addressing to begin with and keeping 26 year olds on their plan is the only thing that would be new......but......he is not going to have the government control it twits.........

It is funny as you guys still seek to undermine Trump and his supporters......keep trying, it isn't going to happen......

They are looking at healthcare savings accounts and definitely looking at getting rid of the stupid restrictions that kept you from getting plans across state lines......

The whole point is to increase competition and market forces......and personal choice...just like for your cell phone. If you want your kids on your program till they are 40... more power to you...as long as you pay for it and want it...it won't be a fucking mandate like Obamacare......

By increasing competition you improve quality, lower cost and create more choices for people.......whatever the Republicans and Trump do...it won't have the goal of increasing government control over healthcare to increase the power of the democrat party...

Grow up, man up and stop crying...you lost....deal with it...

First, the press has misrepresented what he is saying and second-

Q: Senator Rubio, you said that Mr. Trump thinks part of ObamaCare is pretty good. Which part?

RUBIO: The individual mandate. He said he likes the individual mandate portion of it; I don't believe that should remain there. We need to repeal ObamaCare completely and replace it with a system that puts Americans in charge of their health care money again.

TRUMP: I agree with that 100%, except pre-existing conditions, I would absolutely get rid of ObamaCare. I want to keep pre- existing conditions. It's a modern age, and I think we have to have it.

He always stated this. Why is anyone surprised? This is what happens when people listen to the lying msm.
You must be confused or trying to rationalize to yourself.

Healthcare Reform

"On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare."

Forum List

Back