Hailey Idaho cancels Bergdahl homecoming celebration

There are a lot of veterans in Idaho.

And none of them care for Taliban sympathizers and turncoats.

You should invite him to stay with you, Bode.

Your avatar. You, or is that Duane Allman ?

Duane.....good eye.

God I still miss and grieve the guy. Such a great guitarist, no telling how high he would have reached, and it would have been with or without the Allman Bros, he would have been in demand by nearly all other artists.

he and Clapton were planing on doing something again....i seen Eric in an interview...he said when he heard he was killed he had to sit down....he said i lost my brother who i had just found....

kosher is talking through her butt as usual.

Bergdahl is in no danger in Hailey, but those who have been sending threats may well be.

Absolutely! He should head procession style to Idaho! He should dress in uniform and have a parade!

Then later, go hang out at teh local bar!

I'm sure he'll do great there.

Neither am I....who needs the news crazies and the same nuts who showed up in Nevada.

And there's no chance that the locals have now seen enough evidence to realize they would be celebrating a deserter, thus they don't want any part of it now ?

Conviction without a trial isn't AMERICAN. But, there are many questions; it appears to be pysch problems from even the Taliban video. Who knows what was done to him?

You probably thought OJ was innocent as well....Silly liberal.

Even they know he's a traitor. And I was jumped for making hasty conclusions? Brilliant!

You still conclude what has yet to be CHARGED in a Court of competent jurisdiction.

I agree, but given the notoriety he now has assembling hundreds if not thousands of people, many of which now have a problem with him, in a big public forum like this may not be best idea. It has the potential for violence to break out.

We could hope...

Neither am I....who needs the news crazies and the same nuts who showed up in Nevada.

And there's no chance that the locals have now seen enough evidence to realize they would be celebrating a deserter, thus they don't want any part of it now ?

Conviction without a trial isn't AMERICAN. But, there are many questions; it appears to be pysch problems from even the Taliban video. Who knows what was done to him?

I don't know what the Taliban has done to him, but it doesn't appear they had anything to do with him deserting his fellow soldiers.
And again, I believe it's likely the main reason why this celebration has been cancelled is because this town no longer has the stomach or the reason to be celebrating.

Duane.....good eye.

God I still miss and grieve the guy. Such a great guitarist, no telling how high he would have reached, and it would have been with or without the Allman Bros, he would have been in demand by nearly all other artists.

he and Clapton were planing on doing something again....i seen Eric in an interview...he said when he heard he was killed he had to sit down....he said i lost my brother who i had just found....

I think it was also Clapton that made some remark about the finest guitar work he had ever heard was Duane playing on someone's (can't remember who) remake of "Hey Jude".

I think it was also Clapton that made some remark about the finest guitar work he had ever heard was Duane playing on someone's (can't remember who) remake of "Hey Jude".

Duane's slide guitar with "Lala" on Derek and the Dominoes album sure opened Eric's eyes.

Bergdahl is in no danger in Hailey, but those who have been sending threats may well be.

This seems to be the case. The town was expecting crowds of....all kinds......

This seems to be the case. The town was expecting crowds of....all kinds......

Of course they know there are outraged Americans, but I will bet money the townspeople themselves are afraid they would be celebrating a deserter.
The town doesn't want to be known as a laughingstock for gods sake !

Duane's slide guitar with "Lala" on Derek and the Dominoes album sure opened Eric's eyes.

i felt that there were better guitar songs on that LP and that was the only song they seemed to play on the radio.....Tom Dowd who produced the album said he walked into the studio at like midnight and those guys were still there jamming doing Key To The Highway....and the Engineers were just sitting there listening....he said he yelled to them....no one is recording this?.....get this on record.....thats why the song sounds like it was already going when it begins because it was....just a little tidbit i read....

i felt that there were better guitar songs on that LP and that was the only song they seemed to play on the radio.....Tom Dowd who produced the album said he walked into the studio at like midnight and those guys were still there jamming doing Key To The Highway....and the Engineers were just sitting there listening....he said he yelled to them....no one is recording this?.....get this on record.....thats why the song sounds like it was already going when it begins because it was....just a little tidbit i read....

Try "Going Down Slow".

Forum List

Back