Hair Is Considered Racist Now?

Who would you even bring it up?
Blacks brought it up in the Dove commercial

it seems that Dove was on the hotseat from black radicals a few years ago for not being woke and now they are bailing themselves out of jail by going the other way

30151DE5-FE3A-4A4F-91F6-2ECD7E8812C7.jpeg

you can argue diversity if you want but this woman looks just plain silly

No joke. Right? My hair used to be “hair of color.” Brownish. Then Mother Nature came along and said. You now identify as “white” haired.
I wish mine would hurry up and do the transition. I'm going to be stuck in "mousey brown going gray" forever. It's boring.

Blacks brought it up in the Dove commercial

it seems that Dove was on the hotseat from black radicals a few years ago for not being woke and now they are bailing themselves out of jail by going the other way

View attachment 604163
you can argue diversity if you want but this woman looks just plain silly
Pity. She has a beautiful face.

Thanks for posting this, it's one of my favorite sites on the subject of "black capital formation".
You’re welcome. It was an eye-opener.

It is definitely a factor in the wealth gap. Not entirely, of course, but consumer stores seem to know that blacks do spend more money on little “luxuries,” compared to whites, giving them less money to invest, help fund education, saving toward a down payment on a modest first property, etc.

How many meals can a mother feed her family for the cost of the nails and hair processes that they MUST have to be socially acceptable?

My mother sacrificed a lot to feed her children.
Yup. There’s a lot to be said about making wise purchasing decisions, especially when money is tight.

This has really opened my eyes. At an upscale mall near me, where I can treat myself to a bottle of nail polish, I have noticed -ever since all this “blacks are so oppressed” talk - that the vast majority of customers at the expensive stores I steer clear from are black.

I peeked in at one shoe store - they had this adorable pair in the window - and when I went inside to check it out, I quickly reversed course when I learned the price was, gulp, $350. But the store was packed with customers, and everyone but me was black.

Now I realize that they likely didn’t have more money than me - and likely had less. It’s just that they didn’t think twice about overspending on shoes, whereas I would rather keep that money in my investment account.

Yup. There’s a lot to be said about making wise purchasing decisions, especially when money is tight.

This has really opened my eyes. At an upscale mall near me, where I can treat myself to a bottle of nail polish, I have noticed -ever since all this “blacks are so oppressed” talk - that the vast majority of customers at the expensive stores I steer clear from are black.

I peeked in at one shoe store - they had this adorable pair in the window - and when I went inside to check it out, I quickly reversed course when I learned the price was, gulp, $350. But the store was packed with customers, and everyone but me was black.

Now I realize that they likely didn’t have more money than me - and likely had less. It’s just that they didn’t think twice about overspending on shoes, whereas I would rather keep that money in my investment account.
Simple common sense doesn't exist for the vast majority any more. That drive for social standing via the status displays is pathetic.

Simple common sense doesn't exist for the vast majority any more. That drive for social standing via the status displays is pathetic.
There was a great book out years ago entitled “You Can Be Rich….or You Can Act Rich.” It was filled with countless of examples of people who spent money as though they had buckets of it, when it fact they had mountains of debt and no savings, and others who drove Fords and bought no-name watches and clothing on sale from MACYs who had million-dollar plus investments and a healthy retirement fund.

There was a great book out years ago entitled “You Can Be Rich….or You Can Act Rich.” It was filled with countless of examples of people who spent money as though they had buckets of it, when it fact they had mountains of debt and no savings, and others who drove Fords and bought no-name watches and clothing on sale from MACYs who had million-dollar plus investments and a healthy retirement fund.
I prefer wearing sweats and tees except when I go out. I don't dine in restaurants. I prefer keeping my money in my hands.

Another famous work on the topic is "The Millionaire Next Door". Wiki has a very good review of it.

I reaearch my shopping and avoid black owned.
As our culture pushes harder and harder to inculcate the WHITE=BAD ethos, I increasingly feel the same way. I never gave a shit about who owned a business or a company until the other side of the skin color fence started making it clear to me that they want me gone because I don't have the right pigment.

Forum List

Back