Hair Is Considered Racist Now?

I did mean more disposable income on an individual level.

I think blacks are just enjoying a measure of prosperity that has been denied them for so long. Eventually they will likely save and invest more. "Black capital formation" is the key to their long-term success and prosperity.
Well, assuming what you say is true, and that blacks have more disposable income than whites, and that they spend it on vanity stuff while whites save and invest for the future, I would say:

1) We should stop all affirmative action policies NOW. If blacks have more money to toss around, then we don’t need to give them unfair priorities over whites, and

2) They should stop throwing their money away on vanity stuff - be it makeup, clothes, cars, electronic gadgets, etc., etc., - and emulate the whites whom you claim are saving more, funding the kids’ college, paying off mortgages, etc.

Of course, this all presumes that blacks DO have more money than whites, which is hard to believe since they are more likely to be on welfare (proportionate to their numbers), earn about 30% less, and are less likely to have a college degree.

So you’re saying blacks have more disposable income, as a total, than whites, who make up the majority? Still doesn’t explain why they focus on 15% of their customer base and ignore the remainder.
Individually, not totally.

Of course, this all presumes that blacks DO have more money than whites, which is hard to believe since they are more likely to be on welfare (proportionate to their numbers), earn about 30% less, and are less likely to have a college degree.
Actually, the wage gap is closer than that. It is the wealth gap that is more problematic.

Actually, the wage gap is closer than that. It is the wealth gap that is more problematic.

Again, assuming what you say is true - that blacks have more money to throw around than whites AND that they spend it more on “look good….feel good” vanity stuff - that would explain why they have such a wealth gap. Whites, you say, are more into saving for the future, building equity in their homes, paying for their kids’ college.

If that’s the case, then it would explain a good amount of the reason for the wealth gap, wouldn’t it? Whites are investing in the future. And blacks are spending their excess income on fancy clothes, cars, whatever. Sounds like poor decision-making to me (assuming what you say is true).

Average in what regard? You are over generalizing. Too many factors exist to just say "average"
Let's compare the average middle-class folks. They're the ones that have disposable income. Or we can compare blacks and whites that have similar earnings and compare their spending habits.

Again, assuming what you say is true - that blacks have more money to throw around than whites AND that they spend it more on “look good….feel good” vanity stuff - that would explain why they have such a wealth gap. Whites, you say, are more into saving for the future, building equity in their homes, paying for their kids’ college.

If that’s the case, then it would explain a good amount of the reason for the wealth gap, wouldn’t it? Whites are investing in the future. And blacks are spending their excess income on fancy clothes, cars, whatever. Sounds like poor decision-making to me (assuming what you say is true).
Bullseye! :)

Last edited:
Let's compare the average middle-class folks. They're the ones that have disposable income. Or we can compare blacks and whites that have similar earnings and compare their spending habits.
I still think that brush is too wide to make any kind of logical comparison as to spending habits. There are people in every ethnicity that have problems handling money. It is the way a person is raised and the priorities they are taught to value. Really corporate America would love to see every person in America with maxxed out credit cards--steady income.

I still think that brush is too wide to make any kind of logical comparison as to spending habits. There are people in every ethnicity that have problems handling money. It is the way a person is raised and the priorities they are taught to value. Really corporate America would love to see every person in America with maxxed out credit cards--steady income.
Dig into it yourself, if you are interested. Lots of info out there.

OMG! I just checked, because I couldn’t believe it - and Woodnutz is right.

I can’t remember if it was this thread or another, but I was complaining that some “woke” store had three big posters on its front windows - and all three were of black models. I questioned why this store (a cosmetic store) focused its ad budget on 15% of the population and ignoring the 70% majority.

The answer came back that that was “where the money was,” even though the majority 70% have higher incomes and net wealth, as a group.

Well….it turns out that it‘s true. Even though blacks are just 15% of the customer base, and earn less money generally, they account for 90% of all makeup products purchased!

OMG! I just checked, because I couldn’t believe it - and Woodnutz is right.

I can’t remember if it was this thread or another, but I was complaining that some “woke” store had three big posters on its front windows - and all three were of black models. I questioned why this store (a cosmetic store) focused its ad budget on 15% of the population and ignoring the 70% majority.

The answer came back that that was “where the money was,” even though the majority 70% have higher incomes and net wealth, as a group.

Well….it turns out that it‘s true. Even though blacks are just 15% of the customer base, and earn less money generally, they account for 90% of all makeup products purchased!

Thanks for posting this, it's one of my favorite sites on the subject of "black capital formation".

Last edited:
Well, assuming what you say is true, and that blacks have more disposable income than whites, and that they spend it on vanity stuff while whites save and invest for the future, I would say:

1) We should stop all affirmative action policies NOW. If blacks have more money to toss around, then we don’t need to give them unfair priorities over whites, and

2) They should stop throwing their money away on vanity stuff - be it makeup, clothes, cars, electronic gadgets, etc., etc., - and emulate the whites whom you claim are saving more, funding the kids’ college, paying off mortgages, etc.

How many meals can a mother feed her family for the cost of the nails and hair processes that they MUST have to be socially acceptable?

My mother sacrificed a lot to feed her children.

Forum List

Back