Hair Is Considered Racist Now?

You best should come to the understanding that advertisers will go with the flow on being successful with their advertising!

Then when you do that, you're faced with some uncomfortable understanding!
Like what? That they make most of their money from black customers, and that’s why it appears - based on advertising - that they care about them, and them only?

It’s just virtue-singling wokeness, and it’s ridiculous.

These companies are virtue signaling. Wokeness dictates that white women would prefer products marketed to social equity. Reality isn't so kind.

In recognition of black history month Target had a whole display of products used by blacks and products made by black owned companies. At checkout, I complimented the clerk and told her it helped me recognize products that belonged on my do not buy list. The next time I went in, the display had products used by blacks but the black owned company products had been removed.
I was in the GROCERY STORE and an announcement came on the PA system saying that if you wanted to boycott white-owned companies and hurt their profit margins*, you could go onto the store’s website where they were listing companies owned by blacks and purchase products from that list

*In so many words

I was in the GROCERY STORE and an announcement came on the PA system saying that if you wanted to boycott white-owned companies and hurt their profit margins*, you could go onto the store’s website where they were listing companies owned by blacks and purchase products from that list

*In so many words
It can also be used to avoid companies owned by blacks.

Well my friend, I've defused the issue by calling it what it really is.
The advertisers believe that their approach of including coloured people and even weighting their advertising 'more' to coloured people than whites, is the winning approach.

And so if it fails to produce the desired results for them, they will change their behaviour quicker than you can say, 'I'm a pissant'!

If you're going to white at me, at least find an issue to whine about!
First, this is AMERICA. We haven’t said colored people since the 1940s.

Second, these brainwashed woke companies are doing more than “overweighting” their approach of “including” blacks. They are featuring them nearly 100% of the time, when they are barely 15% of the population, and EXCLUDING almost entirely the majority of the population.

If a store wants to convey that it cares almost solely about 15% of its potential customers and cares nothing about 70% of its customers - due to skin color - then they will start to feel the pain when the majority starts shifting it’s business away.

I reaearch my shopping and avoid black owned.
Do you really? I don’t specifically avoid black owned but I certainly don’t zero in on them to the exclusion of white companies. I’m just annoyed when companies try to direct their customers to supporting one company over another due to the owner’s skin color.

But as we’ve all seen, being racist against whites is considered “woke” these days.

First, this is AMERICA. We haven’t said colored people since the 1940s.
Yes, I know and I didn't want to use the word, but 'black' wasn't the appropriate word because it includes brown people and Asians too.
Second, these brainwashed woke companies are doing more than “overweighting” their approach of “including” blacks. They are featuring them nearly 100% of the time, when they are barely 15% of the population, and EXCLUDING almost entirely the majority of the population.
I would have to agree with you on what they're doing, but just remind you that they believe they're doing the best for their company's success.
If a store wants to convey that it cares almost solely about 15% of its potential customers and cares nothing about 70% of its customers - due to skin color - then they will start to feel the pain when the majority starts shifting it’s business away.
If the advertisers discover they are doing the wrong thing then they will change their approach. It's not complicated Lisa!

It's been going on for quite some time now and it appears to me that they're not suffering from their choice they've made. Maybe they will?

You're talking to yourself and trying to convince yourself Lisa. I'm just not quite convinced yet that you understand the whole thing?

That's because if you lookup woke in the dictionary, you'll find their username attached to it.
She is woke but an Islamist and finds it OK that Muslim women are forced to dress like beach umbrellas and are treated like property. She is a typical leftist hypocrite.

Yes, I know and I didn't want to use the word, but 'black' wasn't the appropriate word because it includes brown people and Asians too.
The trendy thing these days is to say “people of color.” Now as to why POC is fine and colored people not, well….you got me. It just IS.
I would have to agree with you on what they're doing, but just remind you that they believe they're doing the best for their company's success.

If the advertisers discover they are doing the wrong thing then they will change their approach. It's not complicated Lisa!

It's been going on for quite some time now and it appears to me that they're not suffering from their choice they've made. Maybe they will?

You're talking to yourself and trying to convince yourself Lisa. I'm just not quite convinced yet that you understand the whole thing?

I understand that some of these liberal-owned companies are so driven by “wokeness” that they are going along with the overkill FIRST and will only come around to dropping the nonsense if and when the profit margin takes a hit. Still doesn’t make it right.

She is woke but an Islamist and finds it OK that Muslim women are forced to dress like beach umbrellas and are treated like property. She is a typical leftist hypocrite.
She’s also made snide remarks about Jews, but that’s another topic for another thread.

It can also be used to avoid companies owned by blacks.
I would avoid doing business with ANY company that uses race (as in "black-owned") as a reason to use their product. I don't GAF if you're purple with pink polka dots--if you have a good product, it will sell itself. Any other reason is just superfluous bullshit and if they try to use that shallow shit, they are marketing to morons--not me.

The trendy thing these days is to say “people of color.” Now as to why POC is fine and colored people not, well….you got me. It just IS.

I understand that some of these liberal-owned companies are so driven by “wokeness” that they are going along with the overkill FIRST and will only come around to dropping the nonsense if and when the profit margin takes a hit. Still doesn’t make it right.
When you say it's not right, you are putting America's capitalist system up for questioning Lisa.

There are lots of things that aren't right and you may have introduced one of them into this conversation. I'll neither agree or disagree on this one.

What is right for Americans will differ widely on what is right for Canadians.

Actually I'm just lost for an opinion on what would make the advertisers' choice not right.

For instance, is it doing any negligible harm to the consumer? If you have no point then I would suggest you either 'stifle' or make it?

I would avoid doing business with ANY company that uses race (as in "black-owned") as a reason to use their product. I don't GAF if you're purple with pink polka dots--if you have a good product, it will sell itself. Any other reason is just superfluous bullshit and if they try to use that shallow shit, they are marketing to morons--not me.
But pissant, they've been at it for at least 6 months and probably more!
It's getting to the point pissant, that you won't be able to buy anything without doubling back on your bullshit position!
You need to gather your senses and stop twitching!

Forum List

Back