Hair Is Considered Racist Now?

I have noticed the last few Dove commercials I have seen have all black actors. Dove has gotten too racist for me to use.
There's no doubt that the advertisers have turned to what could be termed 'affirmative action' for black people and also Asians, Hispanics, and possibly others.

Just keep in mind that it the choice of the advertisers and nobody else.

They are obviously of the opinion that they're doing the right thing on the selling of their products.

Is this a demonstration of racism on the part of the advertising community?

Does anyone want to contend that they're being forced by the media? LOL

There's no doubt that the advertisers have turned to what could be termed 'affirmative action' for black people and also Asians, Hispanics, and possibly others.

Just keep in mind that it the choice of the advertisers and nobody else.

They are obviously of the opinion that they're doing the right thing on the selling of their products.

Is this a demonstration of racism on the part of the advertising community?

Does anyone want to contend that they're being forced by the media? LOL
They are being woke. The choice of the advertisers is to pander with the expectation that wokeness will be rewarded. It is their choice just as my choice is to pass.

They are being woke. The choice of the advertisers is to pander with the expectation that wokeness will be rewarded. It is their choice just as my choice is to pass.

I guess they're just never going to be satisfied since those kinds of people create issues to be unhappy since nine times out of ten they never existed up until they started making it a problem.

good for you to acknowldege the fact that it's the advertisers' choice due to their need to reach the greatest number of people.

And you can claim to be immune from advertising too!
Very few are.
I'm just happy to be able to defuse the racism issue on this one.

good for you to acknowldege the fact that it's the advertisers' choice due to their need to reach the greatest number of people.

And you can claim to be immune from advertising too!
Very few are.
I'm just happy to be able to defuse the racism issue on this one.
12.4% of the population is not the greatest number. It is virtue signaling. Nothing more. Out of 12.4% of the population, how many are actual Dove users? Even if the number is as high as half. Dove is playing with alienating an enormous number of people simply by not marketing to them.

Coke went woke and decided to enter the social justice War. It did not go well for them.

12.4% of the population is not the greatest number. It is virtue signaling. Nothing more. Out of 12.4% of the population, how many are actual Dove users? Even if the number is as high as half. Dove is playing with alienating an enormous number of people simply by not marketing to them.
Dove and others will undoubtedly do what is best for them. Get a grip on reality!

I see the advertising for even Ford trucks and it's the same now. Will that sell more Ford trucks?

Why not write a letter to Ford and ask them to be honourable to white people. And while you're at it, ask them for more places on a truck where flag poles can be stuck in!

I just got home from a trip to one of my favorite stores. In the window were three big posters, and each one had a photo of a black woman, wearing their products. I was thinking of going into the store and asking, in a loud voice….

”Excuse me, but is this a store for black women only?”….

….and then I decided to keep quiet. But really, this overkill is EVERYWHERE. The majority of our country’s customers are white, but by looking at advertisements and commercials, you’d think that blacks are the majority and whites a mere blip.

I‘m all for given black models an equal chance, but do whites have to be completely excluded?

Coke went woke and decided to enter the social justice War. It did not go well for them.
Good for Coke! Hopefully they will pay for their behaviour!

I just got home from a trip to one of my favorite stores. In the window were three big posters, and each one had a photo of a black woman, wearing their products. I was thinking of going into the store and asking, in a loud voice….

….and then I decided to keep quiet. But really, this overkill is EVERYWHERE. The majority of our country’s customers are white, but by looking at advertisements and commercials, you’d think that blacks are the majority and whites a mere blip.

I‘m all for given black models an equal chance, but do whites have to be completely excluded?
Only 1 lib in a hundred will say so, but they get great satisfaction from pissing you off

Dove and others will undoubtedly do what is best for them. Get a grip on reality!

I see the advertising for even Ford trucks and it's the same now. Will that sell more Ford trucks?

Why not write a letter to Ford and ask them to be honourable to white people. And while you're at it, ask them for more places on a truck where flag poles can be stuck in!
Trolling early today, eh duck? How is that last statement defusing racism. Irrelevant moronic statement as usual. Easy to see who the racist is here.

You best should come to the understanding that advertisers will go with the flow on being successful with their advertising!

Then when you do that, you're faced with some uncomfortable understanding!

You best should come to the understanding that advertisers will go with the flow on being successful with their advertising!
Consumer trends follow the advertising, duck. I am sure that these woke companies will be noticing the change in their bottom lines and we'll see whether it is successful or not.

These companies are virtue signaling. Wokeness dictates that white women would prefer products marketed to social equity. Reality isn't so kind.

In recognition of black history month Target had a whole display of products used by blacks and products made by black owned companies. At checkout, I complimented the clerk and told her it helped me recognize products that belonged on my do not buy list. The next time I went in, the display had products used by blacks but the black owned company products had been removed.

Trolling early today, eh duck? How is that last statement defusing racism. Irrelevant moronic statement as usual. Easy to see who the racist is here.
Well my friend, I've defused the issue by calling it what it really is.
The advertisers believe that their approach of including coloured people and even weighting their advertising 'more' to coloured people than whites, is the winning approach.

And so if it fails to produce the desired results for them, they will change their behaviour quicker than you can say, 'I'm a pissant'!

If you're going to white at me, at least find an issue to whine about!

Forum List

Back