Hannity Fires Cumulus, Liberal Media Wrong Again

Get notice that you're going to be dropped.

See the writing on the wall and fire them instead.

Saves face.

"You can't fire me! I quit!"

Exactly. Some posters are so easily led. Gullible's Travels. Hannity was already hemorrhaging. He's never been above cheap stunts.

"Subscription required". How convenient. :rofl:

LOL...more lefty screwballs circle-jerking themselves into blindness over the reality of the size of Hannity's audience.

Remember that Golden Rule: He who has the gold rules! Lot's of gold in Sean's ad revenue and he can park it at whatever stations/networks he chooses.

Someone start another "Rush is gone because he's lost all his advertisers" thread. Hell, two laughs are always better than one.

LOL...more lefty screwballs circle-jerking themselves into blindness over the reality of the size of Hannity's audience.

Remember that Golden Rule: He who has the gold rules! Lot's of gold in Sean's ad revenue and he can park it at whatever stations/networks he chooses.

Uh... right. That's why he's abandoning Cumulus stations --the second largest owner in the country-- and starting over. Good plan there.

Btw you don't "park at whatever station you choose". You have to sell it. Hannity's managers could see Cumulus wasn't happening, and now they'll have to restart wherever they can. And trust me, with Cumulus not interested, his selling price went down.

I am at a loss as to the significance of talking heads in America today? What is it that any of them do except talk talk talk. Then some representative or senator get together with them and they talk some more. Do any of these people contribute a blessed thing to America, to its people, to jobs minus their own, to those in need, to the vets, to anyone or anything at all. We have raised nonsense talk to the level of a reality show in which words are a substitute for action. America the land of meaningless gossip. The can do nation is now the talk nation.

I'd like to extend my congratulations to Sean Hannity for quitting before getting fired.

Congratulations.

Kind of reminds me of when LBJ decided that he did not want to waste a single minute campaigning for reelection in 1968 so that he could concentrate on Viet Nam....after he was beat in the New Hampshire democratic party primaries.

Last edited:
I am at a loss as to the significance of talking heads in America today? What is it that any of them do except talk talk talk. Then some representative or senator get together with them and they talk some more. Do any of these people contribute a blessed thing to America, to its people, to jobs minus their own, to those in need, to the vets, to anyone or anything at all. We have raised nonsense talk to the level of a reality show in which words are a substitute for action. America the land of meaningless gossip. The can do nation is now the talk nation.

I bet when you thought Franken was gonna make a go of it you didn't complain.

Uh... right. That's why he's abandoning Cumulus stations --the second largest owner in the country-- and starting over. Good plan there.

Btw you don't "park at whatever station you choose". You have to sell it. Hannity's managers could see Cumulus wasn't happening, and now they'll have to restart wherever they can. And trust me, with Cumulus not interested, his selling price went down.

Yeah, 40 stations out of 478. How will he ever recover?

Interesting what one finds out when one reads links. Your first one there (the Examiner of all creatures) declares,

"Hannity is refusing to sign with Cumulus - and not the other way around - because he prefers airing his shows on Clear Channel".

Guess what -- neither Hannity nor any other host gets to air where he "prefers"; the marketing people handle that, and if they find they need to air on a station called WHANNITYSUX, they'll do it, because it's a contract and it's money. Nor is there any such implication in the Politico story they used as a source -- they made it up.

Honesty is a lost art.

Why dont you liberal fools actually read the article? I personally dont listen to Hannity often and I do think he should very quickly distance himself from the forum using his name yet I doubt he would get fired.... Culumus are scumbags and he is right to drop them.

Why dont you liberal fools actually read the article? I personally dont listen to Hannity often and I do think he should very quickly distance himself from the forum using his name yet I doubt he would get fired.... Culumus are scumbags and he is right to drop them.

Uh... he has no choice. Or rather his agents don't -- it's naïve to think talking heads work out their own deals or have anything to do with them.

As you said, read the articles.

Uh... he has no choice. Or rather his agents don't -- it's naïve to think talking heads work out their own deals or have anything to do with them.

As you said, read the articles.

I did and culumus is begging him to stay with them.

Interesting what one finds out when one reads links. Your first one there (the Examiner of all creatures) declares,

"Hannity is refusing to sign with Cumulus - and not the other way around - because he prefers airing his shows on Clear Channel".

Guess what -- neither Hannity nor any other host gets to air where he "prefers"; the marketing people handle that, and if they find they need to air on a station called WHANNITYSUX, they'll do it, because it's a contract and it's money. Nor is there any such implication in the Politico story they used as a source -- they made it up.

Honesty is a lost art.

So is Hannity doomed?

Honesty is a lost art.

So is Hannity doomed?

Depends on how you define "doomed" :D

I think of it like that tire that you keep having to put air in once a week. A slow leak. He's in gradual attrition, as is talk radio in general.

Honesty is a lost art.

So is Hannity doomed?

Depends on how you define "doomed" :D

I think of it like that tire that you keep having to put air in once a week. A slow leak. He's in gradual attrition, as is talk radio in general.

So why did you make such a big deal about how big Cumulus is when in reality this situation only affects 40 stations?

Forum List

Back