Hannity Fires Cumulus, Liberal Media Wrong Again

So is Hannity doomed?

Depends on how you define "doomed" :D

I think of it like that tire that you keep having to put air in once a week. A slow leak. He's in gradual attrition, as is talk radio in general.

So why did you make such a big deal about how big Cumulus is when in reality this situation only affects 40 stations?

Forty radio stations is not exactly an "only". The poster who brought that up suggested that Hannity can "park it where he pleases". The point was, when you're dropping 40 stations and trying to regroup, you're in no position to "park it where you please".

Depends on how you define "doomed" :D

I think of it like that tire that you keep having to put air in once a week. A slow leak. He's in gradual attrition, as is talk radio in general.

So why did you make such a big deal about how big Cumulus is when in reality this situation only affects 40 stations?

Forty radio stations is not exactly an "only". The poster who brought that up suggested that Hannity can "park it where he pleases". The point was, when you're dropping 40 stations and trying to regroup, you're in no position to "park it where you please".

On what do you base that opinion? How many talk radio stations serve these 40 markets?

Also, 40 stations isn't much when the total is 478. That's less than 10%, which is not at all close to what is implied when you said, "the second largest owner in the country-- and starting over." He's not starting over at all, he just has to replace those stations. $10 says he does so within a few months.

On what do you base that opinion? How many talk radio stations serve these 40 markets?

Also, 40 stations isn't much when the total is 478. That's less than 10%, which is not at all close to what is implied when you said, "the second largest owner in the country-- and starting over." He's not starting over at all, he just has to replace those stations. $10 says he does so within a few months.

That's exactly (bold) what I mean by starting over.
And no, I won't take your money. I know too much. :beer:

But Cumulus being the second largest radio station owner is what makes it a group of 40. The point is that it's not one or two stations; it's 40. Replacing 40 is a bit more serious than replacing WANK out in East Jipip.

But Cumulus being the second largest radio station owner is what makes it a group of 40. The point is that it's not one or two stations; it's 40. Replacing 40 is a bit more serious than replacing WANK out in East Jipip.

How is it starting over? There are other talk radio stations in those markets. It's all a matter of cost.

How is it starting over? There are other talk radio stations in those markets. It's all a matter of cost.

Going out and hustling new contracts is starting over, in that market.
This story really isn't worth any more bandwidth...

Much ado about nothing or wishful thinking. The radical left is so desperate for good news that they make it up and tell themselves it's true. According to the highly regarded "Talkers Magazine" analysis for radio talk shows for August 2013 Rush and Hannity are still top dogs with 14 million listeners per week for Rush and 13 million for Hannity. Glenn Beck and Levin are scored at 7.3 million and the top 3 progressives, Colmes, Hartmann and Schultz are tied at 2.75.

Why dont you liberal fools actually read the article? I personally dont listen to Hannity often and I do think he should very quickly distance himself from the forum using his name yet I doubt he would get fired.... Culumus are scumbags and he is right to drop them.

Uh... he has no choice. Or rather his agents don't -- it's naïve to think talking heads work out their own deals or have anything to do with them.

As you said, read the articles.

I did and culumus is begging him to stay with them.

Very good question, I wonder why you didn't get an answer?

Much ado about nothing or wishful thinking. The radical left is so desperate for good news that they make it up and tell themselves it's true. According to the highly regarded "Talkers Magazine" analysis for radio talk shows for August 2013 Rush and Hannity are still top dogs with 14 million listeners per week for Rush and 13 million for Hannity. Glenn Beck and Levin are scored at 7.3 million and the top 3 progressives, Colmes, Hartmann and Schultz are tied at 2.75.
And if your MessiahRushie is to be believed, that 14 million is down from 50 million last November!!!

November 07, 2012
RUSH:* Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today?* Anybody?* Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here?* None of you?* I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.*

And if your MessiahRushie is to be believed, that 14 million is down from 50 million last November!!!

November 07, 2012
RUSH:* Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today?* Anybody?* Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here?* None of you?* I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.*

Why does the left care so much? It seems that the top three progressive hosts might be up about a million from last November and that gives them about 2.7 million listeners. Do the math before you pop the corks.

Huffing ton Post is also saying it is Hannity's decision, they corrected their first article.

Well, thank God Art Bell will soon be on Sirius Radio! FINALLY, I can get the REAL story!! :lol:

What's next? Chris Matthews gets another "tingle" up his leg and passes out?

Actually, I haven't listened/watched Hannity since his days of ripping Colmes head off and crapping down his neck on FOX. Now THERE was some fun!!

For weeks the liberal media have been almost orgasmic over rumors that the Cumulus radio network was dumping conservative talk show host Sean Hannity.

On Friday, Inside Music Media's Jerry Del Colliano reported that it's actually Hannity that's dumping Cumulus (subscription required):

Read more @ Hannity Fires Cumulus, Liberal Media Wrong Again | NewsBusters

Good for him! :eusa_drool:

Really?

Well that means that now we can all avoid listening to Hannity on an additional 4,500 radio stations.

For weeks the liberal media have been almost orgasmic over rumors that the Cumulus radio network was dumping conservative talk show host Sean Hannity.

On Friday, Inside Music Media's Jerry Del Colliano reported that it's actually Hannity that's dumping Cumulus (subscription required):

Read more @ Hannity Fires Cumulus, Liberal Media Wrong Again | NewsBusters

Good for him! :eusa_drool:

Really?

Well that means that now we can all avoid listening to Hannity on an additional 4,500 radio stations.

That is certainly your choice, I love how freedom works.

Get notice that you're going to be dropped.

See the writing on the wall and fire them instead.

Saves face.

Bullshit big time. :lol:

Hannity is the #2 talker after Rush. He's been wanting to get away from Dickey/Cumulus for a while.

I predict Rush won't renew with them either. He's had it with tricky Dickey too. Guy's a prick.

Sean Hannity, the popular conservative radio and TV talk show host, turns down a recent Cumulus offer to renew his contract to continue aitring [sic] his show on 40 of their stations.

According to Del Colliano, Cumulus has been trying as recently as the past few weeks to get a new contract with Hannity but Hannity said no.

He's done with Cumulus.

Sources close to Hannity told Del Colliano that he feels Cumulus treats its employees “like dirt…sub-human.”

As such, Hannity and his syndicator Premiere (owned by Clear Channel) asked Cumulus for a release to negotiate a new deal elsewhere, but Cumulus has still not responded.

Hannity can't renew his Clear Channel deal until late October. According to Del Colliano, “Cumulus knows that renewal will be completed in a New York minute. Just how wrong were liberal media members on this?

According to Del Colliano, Clear Channel is “100% behind Hannity and will replace 80% of the Cumulus stations as soon as the current deal is up.”

This will allow Hannity to stay on 500-plus stations carried through Premiere.

For the record, sources close to Hannity told me Friday that Del Colliano's gotten it 100 percent correct. Another prominent, independent source also confirmed this moments ago.

This also squares nicely with what Alan Colmes predicted back in July.

Hannity Fires Cumulus, Liberal Media Wrong Again | NewsBusters

OMG 40 stations? Break out the tissues. :lol:

Give me a break Pogo. Clear Channel is ready to replace 80% of those stations and Hannity will still be on over 500 stations carried thru Premiere.

According to Del Colliano, Clear Channel is “100% behind Hannity and will replace 80% of the Cumulus stations as soon as the current deal is up.”

Last edited:

Give me a break Pogo. Clear Channel is ready to replace 80% of those stations and Hannity will still be on over 500 stations carried thru Premiere.

Maybe, but the Clear Channel/Premiere station in my area WWOR does not have the coverage of the Cumulus station he is on now, WABC. So he will still lose audience even if he has the same number of stations.

Maybe, but the Clear Channel/Premiere station in my area WWOR does not have the coverage of the Cumulus station he is on now, WABC. So he will still lose audience even if he has the same number of stations.

He'll move to Clear Channel's WOR and take his audience with him. No big smurf.

ETA: Hannity and Savage are very different conservative talkers. Savage won't make a dent in Hannity's audience. We are really talking completely different styles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back