🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hannity last night, Herman Cain stated that over 5 million paid penalty to opt out of Obamacare...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
...apologies if the exact number of people is wrong, I'm going by memory, he definitely stated in the millions, 5 or 7, 10, something like that, if someone saw the episode and can correct me that would be great.

Regardless, that is not as important as the second fact and the point he was making, I didn't misremember: "over half of the people opting out were making less than $50,000".

In other words, the poorest of the group, those who apparently are being sold as those most in need, are those opting out and actually being forced to pay a heavy fee for doing so. How is this Democratic plan addressing the needs of these people that they have been piggybacking off in their arguments? The very people who are supposed to be protected with the ACA can't afford the premiums are have been forced to opt-out, cutting even MORE of their own income in the process for the "pleasure" of opting out. So they lose the ability to pay for other vital needs such as, I don't know, food, shelter and the like.

The GOP need to explore this and present it to the American people. If Mr Cain has access to these stats and presents them, the GOP should be doing so also. The altering of Obamacare isn't cruel, it is to drive premiums down and provide choices in the free market. The American Way for crying out loud.

upload_2017-7-19_10-22-41.jpeg

In their quixotic quest for social justice the progressives ignore the fact that the dreams are impractical so long as humanity is human.

*****SMILE*****

:)

They should only allow registered Republicans opt out for free. Dems should have to pay the penalty if they want out of their beloved Obamacare. You voted for it, you pay for it.

Only 5 million people in this country don't have healthcare? Damn! Now let's get Republicans on board to bring that number to zero!

Forum List

Back