Hannity & Malkin Defend Rutgers Coach That Abused Students

I'm going to defend the guy too. Coaches are supposed to teach like drill Sargents. They're not supposed to be nice.

This dude wasn't tough. This guy was PSYCHOTIC! I'm honestly surprised none of his players ever decked him!

I could see how most people look at that as over the top, but if you have any insight into coaching and the culture of team sports, you know that the line between good hard discipline and abuse can be blurry.

This has got to be one of the best :lol: moments in long time. Radical right wing nutcases Sean Hannity & Michelle Malkin are defending the Rutgers coach that psychically and mentally abused students including using homophobic slurs that he also received abuse as children, and "turned out ok" :lmao:

"Fox News host Sean Hannity and conservative pundit Michelle Malkin on Wednesday both defended a former Rutgers basketball coach who verbally and physically abused his players, both saying that they had received plenty of spankings and “turned out okay.”

On Wednesday, Rutgers announced that the school had fired coach Mike Rice after ESPN revealed video tape of him kicking players, throwing balls at the heads of players and shouting homophobic slurs like “fucking faggot” and “fucking fairy.”

Hannity defends Rutgers coach: ?My father hit me with a belt, I turned out okay!? | The Raw Story

Why did you put this in Politics knowing full well it belongs in Media or Sports?

My problem with the coaches (saw the assist. coach reacting same way) is the stupidity of throwing balls that may cause injuries. How dumb is that to injury players.

As far as getting mad, shouting, cursing... as I was told sticks and stones may break my back but names will never hurt me!
These players knew about these coaches and their stupid antics as there is a grapevine regarding coaches and maybe these players just stuck it out.
Firing the coaches was totally appropriate based on the video.

Hannity should line up his kids for me to blast a basketball directly at their heads at close range.

I'll site they needed some good discipline and "toughening up" and see how he likes it.

The pinko-coward bastard hasn't even kept his word on getting Waterboarded like he said he would.

I'd batch-slap Hannity in a NY minute if given the chance.

So..the physical abuse was ok? And it's all just a PC ploy by the Left?

Did any physical abuse actually happen or are they just allegations at this point?

Did you watch the videos? He threw balls at their heads when their backs were turned, yanked them, hit them, pushed them.....or is that ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see how most people look at that as over the top, but if you have any insight into coaching and the culture of team sports, you know that the line between good hard discipline and abuse can be blurry[/B
---------------------------
This is true.
I've had coaches who screamed, but the most effective coaches explained what was
needed and we were eager to implement the coach's plan.
Maybe the fired coach was unable to inspire his kids, so he screamed at them instead.
He was an ineffective coach (his record at Rutgers indicates this), now he's also
perceived to be a bully...an unemployed bully.

This has got to be one of the best :lol: moments in long time. Radical right wing nutcases Sean Hannity & Michelle Malkin are defending the Rutgers coach that psychically and mentally abused students including using homophobic slurs that he also received abuse as children, and "turned out ok" :lmao:

"Fox News host Sean Hannity and conservative pundit Michelle Malkin on Wednesday both defended a former Rutgers basketball coach who verbally and physically abused his players, both saying that they had received plenty of spankings and “turned out okay.”

On Wednesday, Rutgers announced that the school had fired coach Mike Rice after ESPN revealed video tape of him kicking players, throwing balls at the heads of players and shouting homophobic slurs like “fucking faggot” and “fucking fairy.”

Hannity defends Rutgers coach: ?My father hit me with a belt, I turned out okay!? | The Raw Story

Why did you put this in Politics knowing full well it belongs in Media or Sports?

Complain about it to the mods....they will move it then.

Not much of a defense. More like an observation and a bland commentary but good old tax exempt Media Matters and "newshounds" have to come up with something. It seems like the worst part of the scandal was the coach using ....gasp....homophobic slurs.

I'm going to have to partially agree here. The guy could have done without the homophobic slurs and the violence. Our kids are too civilized, even the least amount of grit is seen as out of line. Marine instructors do it to cadets all the time, none of them get a special on the news for it.
That's not good enough for devoted leftist Democrats. They want homophobic slurs to be punished with loss of income. Their leaders teach them to force conservatives to lose income, and parade around with their scalps dripping blood all over the world.

That's to obfuscate the fact they started the KKK and now are trying to pin it on conservatives, also. They wonder why it isn't sticking very good.

Are you speaking of corporal punishment? Start a thread. Convince the world that corporal punishment is really just abuse.

Human beings instituted corporal punishment to alert their young that murderous enemies would damage them if they failed to respond quickly and accurately, and you're going to call sports, that paramilitary agency that makes people be the best that they can be abusers?

Did your drill sergeants in the military teach you to blow kisses at people knocking off your fellow soldiers with ak 47s to avert their elimination?

Whatever, madam ....

Did any physical abuse actually happen or are they just allegations at this point?

Did you watch the videos? He threw balls at their heads when their backs were turned, yanked them, hit them, pushed them.....or is that ok?
Yes. It prevents them from thinking the other team will play fair when the referees aren't looking. Then he tells them to fight back by being better ball handlers than the other team and beat them up on the scoreboard, not on the cheating where if seen, they could get thrown out of the game for unsportsmanlike conduct.

That's not good enough for devoted leftist Democrats. They want homophobic slurs to be punished with loss of income. Their leaders teach them to force conservatives to lose income, and parade around with their scalps dripping blood all over the world.

That's to obfuscate the fact they started the KKK and now are trying to pin it on conservatives, also. They wonder why it isn't sticking very good.

Are you speaking of corporal punishment? Start a thread. Convince the world that corporal punishment is really just abuse.

Human beings instituted corporal punishment to alert their young that murderous enemies would damage them if they failed to respond quickly and accurately, and you're going to call sports, that paramilitary agency that makes people be the best that they can be abusers?

Did your drill sergeants in the military teach you to blow kisses at people knocking off your fellow soldiers with ak 47s to avert their elimination?

Whatever, madam ....

This was corporal punishment?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbaYqcMMZ6A]Rutgers Basketball Coach Mike Rice Abusing His Players 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Yes. It prevents them from thinking the other team will play fair when the referees aren't looking. Then he tells them to fight back by being better ball handlers than the other team and beat them up on the scoreboard, not on the cheating where if seen, they could get thrown out of the game for unsportsmanlike conduct.

you must be just absolutely dizzy.

This teaches them?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbaYqcMMZ6A]Rutgers Basketball Coach Mike Rice Abusing His Players 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Whatever, madam ....

Tissue, sweetie?

This teaches them?
Smelling salts, lammiekins?

Whatever, madam ....

Tissue, sweetie?

No...but you think THIS is just corporal punishment:

Forum List

Back