Happy Columbus Day!

The message of the meme brought to mind a church sermon I heard a few months back in which the pastor noted that if everybody on this planet lived the American lifestyle to sustain such living would require the resources of 5 Earths.

The message of the meme brought to mind a church sermon I heard a few months back in which the pastor noted that if everybody on this planet lived the American lifestyle to sustain such living would require the resources of 5 Earths.
Was that the right Reverend Paul Ehrlich?

Nothing says "I am a Christian" like killing someone to take what they have..
Sure

the Inca and Aztec empires didnt know what aggression was till the euros taught them
The Commanche, Cherokee, Cheyenne, Mohawks....All renowned for their passivity and peaceful nature.
Dont forget the Mayans. They peacefully protested neighbor states simply to enslave for sacrifices.

I'm not familiar with him. I subscribe to a dozen sermon podcasts that I listen to throughout the week. Ever since the beginning of the pandemic, half of them have switched over to YouTube.

I'm not familiar with him. I subscribe to a dozen sermon podcasts that I listen to throughout the week. Ever since the beginning of the pandemic, half of them have switched over to YouTube.
Well, what you were listening to is essentially a rehash of the debunked brain droppings of the likes of Malthus, J.K. Galbraith, and Paul Ehrlich....All of whom have been proven wrong by history.

If the rest of the world lived like Muricans, humans are an inventive and industrious enough of a race of people to make it happen.

Well, what you were listening to is essentially a rehash of the debunked brain droppings of the likes of Malthus, J.K. Galbraith, and Paul Ehrlich....All of whom have been proven wrong by history.

If the rest of the world lived like Muricans, humans are an inventive and industrious enough of a race of people to make it happen.

I have no opinion on that. I'm not sure whether the folks you mention embrace science as much as the pastors I follow.

I have no opinion on that. I'm not sure whether the folks you mention embrace science as much as the pastors I follow.
Well follow the links and do some research to discover for yourself that they believed that they had the "science" on their side too.

A message from the original Italian Stallion.....

View attachment 400512

Libs are real upset about having this “Columbus Day”, so I propose we call it something similar to what the Latinos call it, “Dia de La Raza”.....or “Day of The Race”! I mean if Latinos can celebrate essentially being descendants of conquistadors that conquered South America and Central America, wiping out almost all of the native tribes in the process, why can’t we? Being Latino is being “diverse” is it not?

So we should celebrate bringing European racial diversity to North America. So let’s just call it “Day of White Privilege”.

Nothing says "I am a Christian" like killing someone to take what they have..

You think taking land is exclusive to Christians?

I think taking land is the exact opposite of how Jesus taught us to live.

If the teachings of Jesus were so great with you people it would be taught in public schools and there would not be the collective panties in a bunch from liberals over the Ten Commandments hanging in the Courthouse or State House; not would valedictorians get reprimanded for bringing up His name at graduations.

While I don’t dispute your point that Jesus may have a problem with all peoples taking land, I question your intent of the post. Most likely, it is simply cherry picking the teachings of Jesus to only hold Christians accountable.

A message from the original Italian Stallion.....

View attachment 400512
C144739F-8D25-4721-A5DD-49CF4B360F74.jpeg

I don’t have any issue with Columbus.

His views of other races and indigenous people were no worse than any others of his era. In hindsight, 500 years later, it is easy to condemn them. But in the context of their time, nobody was enlightened.....even the church

Why do we celebrate Columbus?
Because he discovered America.

You may argue that others came first but there can be no argument that after 1492, exploration and settlement of the New World took off.

Actually the bigger reason for the formation of the sustained Holiday was to give something to the Italian American community that was growing in power after a Lynching episode in 1892, which was by coincidence the 400th anniversary of his First Voyage.

His views of other races and indigenous people were no worse than any others of his era. In hindsight, 500 years later, it is easy to condemn them. But in the context of their time, nobody was enlightened.....even the church

You may argue that others came first but there can be no argument that after 1492, exploration and settlement of the New World took off.

Actually the bigger reason for the formation of the sustained Holiday was to give something to the Italian American community that was growing in power after a Lynching episode in 1892, which was by coincidence the 400th anniversary of his First Voyage.
Columbus is a symbol of the development of North America.
Some good, some bad

Like any clash in cultures, one side dominates the other is subjugated. It may not be fair, but that is the way it is.

Is the seed that grew into the United States worth celebrating?
I think so

Columbus is a symbol of the development of North America.
Some good, some bad

Like any clash in cultures, one side dominates the other is subjugated. It may not be fair, but that is the way it is.

Is the seed that grew into the United States worth celebrating?
I think so

Tell that to the morons in Portland who trashed a Lincoln Statue, a Roosevelt statue, and vandalized a Lewis and Clark exhibit.

That's from your side,bucko.

Columbus was an immigrant who brought diversity to America

change my mind!

( This should upset some leftists )

We did not plan the timing but came across the Columbus link to coronaviruses quite by serendipity because of a mysterious link to Appalachia, in the COVID-19’s biological politics thread. This is not an advertisement.

Forum List

Back