Zone1 Happy Hanukkah

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hanukkah begins this evening, December 7, and lasts until December 15. I would like to wish a Happy Hanukkah to every Jew on the U.S. Message Board, especially my friend Lisa558.

Hanukkah 2.jpg

Read the history and signifiance of this religious day. It will have a more special meaning for Israe!is I'm sure and may even bring a few back to their religion if they have wandered.

I just had my breakfast at the diner paid for by a Jewish gentleman. So that is why he did it. A happy holiday to all Jewish folks here, 👍 :)

I just had my breakfast at the diner paid for by a Jewish gentleman. So that is why he did it. A happy holiday to all Jewish folks here, 👍 :)
Nice. Sounds like more of a Yom Kippur (giving a meal to the hungry) or Rosh Hashanna (a good.deed every day,.which is a Mitzvah also). Maybe he will pay for someones meal for the next eight days, his own traditional when he celebrates perhaps.

Everyone should put up a menorah for support.
I found one on Amazon few weeks back with candles too. After some research I decided against it as I can celebrate in the "Noahide Way" but I don't want to unless I can recite the blessings.

I'd rather wait for this. Be charitable instead during these days and appreciate the historical source of the holiday. Followers of Judaism had to fight for the survival of their Faith, literally and figuratively.

Hanukkah traditionally isn't even Judaisms most important holiday but it has taken on more commercial acceptance since it falls so close to Christmas, w Years and the general festive season in the West.

I found one on Amazon few weeks back with candles too. After some research I decided against it as I can celebrate in the "Noahide Way" but I don't want to unless I can recite the blessings.

I'd rather wait for this. Be charitable instead during these days and appreciate the historical source of the holiday. Followers of Judaism had to fight for the survival of their Faith, literally and figuratively.

Hanukkah traditionally isn't even Judaisms most important holiday but it has taken on more commercial acceptance since it falls so close to Christmas, w Years and the general festive season in the West.
Correct. It's a minor holy day. There is not even cessation from work. If it wasn't the time of year, it would just fly under the radar.

Hanukkah begins this evening, December 7, and lasts until December 15. I would like to wish a Happy Hanukkah to every Jew on the U.S. Message Board, especially my friend Lisa558.

View attachment 869338
My sister directed middle school and high school choirs back when schools were allowed to have Christmas concerts using traditional Christmas music. This was in New Mexico where the huge majority of the population is Anglo, Hispanic, Native American. But at some point she discovered she also had some Jewish students in her classes. She had had no idea since they were singing the Christian Christmas Carols as enthusiastically as anybody.

But she quietly incorporated some Hannukah songs into the program. The Christian kids loved them and she still remembers how those Jewish kids' eyes lighted up.

So yes Happy Hannukah to our Jewish friends here and to everybody.

Forum List

Back