🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Happy Memorial Day!

Armed Forces Day is the day we honor those who wear the uniform.

Veteran's Day is the day we honor those who've hung their uniform up for the last time.

Memorial Day is the day we honor those who never got to take their uniform off.

I was at Jacksonville National Cemetery this morning.

We remembered the fallen, but I wouldn't call it "celebrating"...

It's a shame memorial day fell by the way side. This year the only time I heard it mentioned was in like an ad for a memorial day sale at a store and even those have dwindled, or the only time I've heard someone mention memorial day in person was them talking about having a day off at work.

Memorial day used to be a decently celebrated day, but now people only seem interested in complaining about what they don't like about America and spend little time celebrating it.

Anyway, I digress. I just came in on my day off yesterday to get some work done for the plant manager, then I came home and cut grass, then I went to the neighbors as we had a small cookout for our culdesac until the kids got on my nerves too much and I went inside to play mass effect legendary edition on my playstation. Not too bad of a day.
There were lots of in memorial things offered on Fox News station and Newsmax today. It was a nice break from politics, for sure. I got a lot of crocheting done while listening to presidential speeches given in years past for remembering those who gave their lives so we could be free. It was all good, Resnic. I love my satellite server on days like this. :thup:

1653952843262.png

I get it, but I was married for 44 years to the best man in the world whose daily signature was telling me a joke, and far-fetched or not, I was so spoiled by the cheer which he delivered the good and the not-so-good jokes. And I miss him. He passed 6 years ago June 13. Worst day of my life. And no more jokes, which are now known to me as a rare and upbeat guy's insistence on trying everything in the world to make other people break a smile. He had a way. 😍 And lucky me because on bad days, I try to recall his bajillion jokes. :thup:

There were lots of in memorial things offered on Fox News station and Newsmax today. It was a nice break from politics, for sure. I got a lot of crocheting done while listening to presidential speeches given in years past for remembering those who gave their lives so we could be free. It was all good, Resnic. I love my satellite server on days like this. :thup:

I didn't give mine obviously because I'm still here, but I saw some who did in person. And it's a shame many don't recognize it and instead chose to bitch about the country they fought for.

I didn't give mine obviously because I'm still here, but I saw some who did in person. And it's a shame many don't recognize it and instead chose to bitch about the country they fought for.
In our circle of posters here at USMB. If we were in a circle, there seems to be a viewpoint at every point on the 360-degrees that a circle represent. Forgive me for talking off the top of my head.... It's how I deal with stuff like what you mentioned. The Uvalde incident lifted me out of some of the petty bickering we do here sometimes. Just thinking about how the families are mourning for children they lost and the children their friends and neighbors lost. Prayers up for the community in Uvalde Texas and all that heartbreak. I felt the same way for the people in the Ukraine who were brutally killed, and many were vaporized by missiles. Seems the shelling of the orphanage and an elementary school in the first week got under my nails the most, although all those civilians were innocent people. Why some people are willing to kill others to satisfy an unfathomable case of selfish narcism is now in the hands of the NATO, and I'm not sure much can be done about it. Thousands are dead, for what? Being born? I don't get the Russian view that they own people they will kill if their targets don't crater to harsh bullying. 'Scuse me for going off topic.

Forum List

Back