Harper Lee dead at age of 89: 'To Kill a Mockingbird' author passes away

I read the book in high school. My favorite part is when the deputy asks Atticus to shoot the rabid dog at long range. Scout and Jem assume their father is too much of a bookworm to know how to shoot at long range, but then he does it. It was a blow for bookworms everywhere.

I read the book in high school. My favorite part is when the deputy asks Atticus to shoot the rabid dog at long range. Scout and Jem assume their father is too much of a bookworm to know how to shoot at long range, but then he does it. It was a blow for bookworms everywhere.

So subtle.

Boo's hidey hole in the tree. That was the part I've always remembered the most.

"Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."

Truly a great novel, and movie. I'd swear that in the last couple of years she released another book can't remember if was a sequel or not.

Truly a great novel, and movie. I'd swear that in the last couple of years she released another book can't remember if was a sequel or not.

'she published no other book until stunning the world in 2015 by permitting "Go Set a Watchman" to be released.

Written before Mockingbird, but takes place years after

'she published no other book until stunning the world in 2015 by permitting "Go Set a Watchman" to be released.

Written before Mockingbird, but takes place years after

Rumor haddit that Harper Lee's best friend, Truman Capote, ghost-wrote the book for her to give her a leg up in the industry, after he became a superstar in the 1950s. The character "Dill" in the book is supposedly Truman Capote when he was a boy and friend with Lee, who is "Scout".

I wonder if it's no small coincidence that she releases "Go Set a Watchman" less than a year before she dies? Because it's a very derogatory tale about her father, "Atticus Finch" and his true racist ways.

A Finch is a bird just like a mockingbird...
12742111_954579511256104_7278844319470781665_n.jpg
viewThumb.jsp

Forum List

Back