harris foreign policy perspective

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023
i don't want to editorialize too much on this. "dw " is german public tv interviewing ian bremer.

more important than bremer's answers are the questions, considerably higher quality than most american broadcasts.

early on - harris will support biden on israel until the election.

at about 8:30 the europeans are very concerned about trump's preference for selling out our allies.

i don't want to editorialize too much on this. "dw " is german public tv interviewing ian bremer.

more important than bremer's answers are the questions, considerably higher quality than most american broadcasts.

at about 8:30 the europeans are very concerned about trump's preference for selling out our allies.

Harris will be Europe's choice everyday.. Want an ally they can trust...

Everything happening is Obama’s policies that are backed by globalists.

The dumb vaginas who want to eliminate all fossil fuel in 5 years are just bubbleheads twats.

Here is the real deal about Germany, DW being their mouthpiece. My personal take of course, I am a nobody.

Germany enjoys the nice, quiet, "stay under the radar and prosper" approach. It serves them well. This doesn't serve global peace well though.

Thus, Germany is concerned that Trump will make them do more of the heavy lifting that is required on Ukraine. Germany already reneged on their funding of Ukraine cutting their promised funding in half and that was only promised about 6 months ago. Really telling as Germany has a budget surplus. Yes that's right, they aren't racking up trillions in debt, they have a surplus. I don't believe they have even hit the 2% NATO threshold yet.

In short, they aren't reliable. They enjoy the freedom of not having to keep their word, be reliable or use their massive budget surplus. They like that America takes food from their citizens mouths while Germany doesn't have to. Obamas spying on Merkels cellphone was approved for a reason and they know it. The Western intelligence agencies instincts were correct in my opinion but I digress.

The EU, lead by Germany and France; will have to drop some tariffs on American produced goods. This won't be difficult to negotiate.

They will have to be on board with standing up to China to some degree. This is increasingly an easier position to ask of today but some car manufacturers in Germany don't care if they arm China they want access to the market even as these same fools see the flood of cheap EVs China sent in to Germany. They already hit these EVs with a small tariff, though not too loudly so as to not upset China.

They know Trump will want the E.U on board for more in this struggle between ideologies including potential support of engagement in the SCS if needed. If not militarily which might be a stretch, than otherwise. Think of Japan in the First Gulf War where they didn't offer a single soldier but essentially funded the U.S defense of Kuwait through cash.

In short, Japan is trustworthy and honourable with the U.S. Definitely a nation the U.S will grow closer to and Trumps relationship with Abe (RIP) illustrated that he respects them as a nation. Unfortunately, Germany is not.

Trumps demands of the EU will be especially true as America has come to Europes aid with Ukraine. I still say he isn't going to abandon Ukraine as some, including the DW suggest. Trump already had a call with Zelensky as was reported, it will be a frank assessment of the situation. He is going to make demands though.

Germany will also face demands of decreasing Russian oil imports. Perhaps even considering buying a bit more American oil to offset any cuts to Russian oil? Putin is surely aware of this potential as Trump intends to extract oil in the U.S at a rapid rate.

Beyond this, more cynically they also realize that they can influence Harris, a career politician who has never even been particularly popular, while few can influence Trump. Believe it or not, it isn't just adversaries who like to have dossiers of information and weak spots to exploit and leverage, it is also allies.

Here is the real deal about Germany, DW being their mouthpiece. My personal take of course, I am a nobody.

Germany enjoys the nice, quiet, "stay under the radar and prosper" approach. It serves them well. This doesn't serve global peace well though.

Thus, Germany is concerned that Trump will make them do more of the heavy lifting that is required on Ukraine. Germany already reneged on their funding of Ukraine cutting their promised funding in half and that was only promised about 6 months ago. Really telling as Germany has a budget surplus. Yes that's right, they aren't racking up trillions in debt, they have a surplus. I don't believe they have even hit the 2% NATO threshold yet.

In short, they aren't reliable. They enjoy the freedom of not having to keep their word, be reliable or use their massive budget surplus. They like that America takes food from their citizens mouths while Germany doesn't have to. Obamas spying on Merkels cellphone was approved for a reason and they know it. The Western intelligence agencies instincts were correct in my opinion but I digress.

The EU, lead by Germany and France; will have to drop some tariffs on American produced goods. This won't be difficult to negotiate.

They will have to be on board with standing up to China to some degree. This is increasingly an easier position to ask of today but some car manufacturers in Germany don't care if they arm China they want access to the market even as these same fools see the flood of cheap EVs China sent in to Germany. They already hit these EVs with a small tariff, though not too loudly so as to not upset China.

They know Trump will want the E.U on board for more in this struggle between ideologies including potential support of engagement in the SCS if needed. If not militarily which might be a stretch, than otherwise. Think of Japan in the First Gulf War where they didn't offer a single soldier but essentially funded the U.S defense of Kuwait through cash.

In short, Japan is trustworthy and honourable with the U.S. Definitely a nation the U.S will grow closer to and Trumps relationship with Abe (RIP) illustrated that he respects them as a nation. Unfortunately, Germany is not.

Trumps demands of the EU will be especially true as America has come to Europes aid with Ukraine. I still say he isn't going to abandon Ukraine as some, including the DW suggest. Trump already had a call with Zelensky as was reported, it will be a frank assessment of the situation. He is going to make demands though.

Germany will also face demands of decreasing Russian oil imports. Perhaps even considering buying a bit more American oil to offset any cuts to Russian oil? Putin is surely aware of this potential as Trump intends to extract oil in the U.S at a rapid rate.

Beyond this, more cynically they also realize that they can influence Harris, a career politician who has never even been particularly popular, while few can influence Trump. Believe it or not, it isn't just adversaries who like to have dossiers of information and weak spots to exploit and leverage, it is also allies.
thanks for the thoughtful answer. much to consider on this subject, which i find infinitely more interesting than the sex lives of any of the principals.

i think they know trump will want the eu on board when he turns on ukraine and rearms the russians. but, like the afghans and the kurds, they will find out the hard way.

Forum List

Back