Harris: I’m not in favor of decriminalizing illegal immigration, I just won’t treat it like a crime!

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
All righty then!

MCCAIN: You’re for decriminalizing border crossings, one of things people were [inaudible] at the debate. Do you agree with AOC that we should get rid of DHS altogether?

HARRIS: That’s not correct. I’m not in favor of decriminalizing, or not having consequence for — we have to keep — let me just be very clear. We have to have a secure border, but I am in favor of saying we’re not going to treat people who are undocumented and cross borders as criminals. That’s correct. That is correct. And what we’ve got to do is we cannot have any more policy like we have under this current president, that is about inhumane conduct, that is about putting babies in cages, that is about separating children from their parents. And we have got to have policies that is about passing comprehensive immigration reform with the pathway toward citizenship, shutting down these private detention facilities —

MCCAIN: Clarify this for me, though, because I find it confusing.

HARRIS: Yes, yes.

MCCAIN: I believe that if someone crosses over the border illegally, it’s illegal. And you would decriminalize it.

HARRIS: I would not make it a crime punishable by jail. It should be a civil enforcement issue, but not a criminal enforcement issue.

MCCAIN: Okay.

HARRIS: There should be — you know, you gotta play by the rules, but we can’t treat people like criminals.

Twitter

We have to have a secure border, but I am in favor of saying we’re not going to treat people who are undocumented and cross borders as criminals.

So, Kamala Harris wouldn't have any problems decriminalizing illegal immigrants if they ever decided to raid her house and possibly hold her or her family hostage? Kamala Harris would just say: " I am for decriminalizing illegal immigrants because it is about inhumane conduct.

Really?

I would like to see some illegal immigrant(s) try to raid her house. Maybe, it's not really about the inhumane conduct. It's just about decriminalizing illegal immigrants, because it's just the right thing to do. Even if they raid her house. And hold her family hostage.

:aug08_031:

It's already only a misdemeanor. The courts have ruled it's not punishable by jail time now so I'm not sure and I don't think she is even sure what she is saying.

We have to have a secure border, but I am in favor of saying we’re not going to treat people who are undocumented and cross borders as criminals.

So, Kamala Harris wouldn't have any problems decriminalizing illegal immigrants if they ever decided to raid her house and possibly hold her or her family hostage? Kamala Harris would just say: " I am for decriminalizing illegal immigrants because it is about inhumane conduct.

She said she would decriminalize border crossing, not decriminalize breaking and entry or kidnapping. You do realize there is a difference do you not?

She said she would decriminalize border crossing, not decriminalize breaking and entry or kidnapping. You do realize there is a difference do you not?

Yes, I was just making a comment about the illegal immigrants as she quoted.

All righty then!

MCCAIN: You’re for decriminalizing border crossings, one of things people were [inaudible] at the debate. Do you agree with AOC that we should get rid of DHS altogether?

HARRIS: That’s not correct. I’m not in favor of decriminalizing, or not having consequence for — we have to keep — let me just be very clear. We have to have a secure border, but I am in favor of saying we’re not going to treat people who are undocumented and cross borders as criminals. That’s correct. That is correct. And what we’ve got to do is we cannot have any more policy like we have under this current president, that is about inhumane conduct, that is about putting babies in cages, that is about separating children from their parents. And we have got to have policies that is about passing comprehensive immigration reform with the pathway toward citizenship, shutting down these private detention facilities —

MCCAIN: I believe that if someone crosses over the border illegally, it’s illegal. And you would decriminalize it.

HARRIS: I would not make it a crime punishable by jail. It should be a civil enforcement issue, but not a criminal enforcement issue.

HARRIS: There should be — you know, you gotta play by the rules, but we can’t treat people like criminals.

Twitter

As long as it results in immediate deportation, decriminalize all you want.

All righty then!

Twitter

You would have to amend the Constitution also.

All righty then!

Twitter

Why? The Constitution already allows for immediate deportation.

All righty then!

Twitter

Not without due process.

At the risk of concluding that there was a coherent thought behind her conflicting ramblings, I AGREE WITH HER.

Being in this country should not be a "crime," and people should not be sent to jail or prison simply for crossing the border.

HOWEVER, THEY SHOULD BE FORCED TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

That is not "punishment." It is restoring the situation that prevailed before the law was broken.

If they de-criminalize auto theft, YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO GIVE BACK THE STOLEN CAR!!!!!

Same concept.

All righty then!

Twitter

Not without due process.

Where does the Constitution limit deportation?

All righty then!

Twitter

Not without due process.

Where does the Constitution limit deportation?

I didn't say it did. The reply I replied to said immediate deportation. That can only happen after due process. If they bother to show up.

I have zero clue as to why the Left feels the need to pander to illegals so much.

Play hard law enforcement and after the election you eliminate the borders and let M-13 take over.

She is a black woman you racist you.

Kamala Harris reminds me of the movie:

"Diary of A Mad Black Woman" starring Madea.

madea-goes-to-jail.jpg

Forum List

Back