Harris: I’m not in favor of decriminalizing illegal immigration, I just won’t treat it like a crime!

All righty then!

MCCAIN: You’re for decriminalizing border crossings, one of things people were [inaudible] at the debate. Do you agree with AOC that we should get rid of DHS altogether?

HARRIS: That’s not correct. I’m not in favor of decriminalizing, or not having consequence for — we have to keep — let me just be very clear. We have to have a secure border, but I am in favor of saying we’re not going to treat people who are undocumented and cross borders as criminals. That’s correct. That is correct. And what we’ve got to do is we cannot have any more policy like we have under this current president, that is about inhumane conduct, that is about putting babies in cages, that is about separating children from their parents. And we have got to have policies that is about passing comprehensive immigration reform with the pathway toward citizenship, shutting down these private detention facilities —

MCCAIN: Clarify this for me, though, because I find it confusing.

HARRIS: Yes, yes.

MCCAIN: I believe that if someone crosses over the border illegally, it’s illegal. And you would decriminalize it.

HARRIS: I would not make it a crime punishable by jail. It should be a civil enforcement issue, but not a criminal enforcement issue.

MCCAIN: Okay.

HARRIS: There should be — you know, you gotta play by the rules, but we can’t treat people like criminals.

Twitter
illegal immigration is bad for america, but it's good for the dirty racist democrats

All righty then!

MCCAIN: You’re for decriminalizing border crossings, one of things people were [inaudible] at the debate. Do you agree with AOC that we should get rid of DHS altogether?

HARRIS: That’s not correct. I’m not in favor of decriminalizing, or not having consequence for — we have to keep — let me just be very clear. We have to have a secure border, but I am in favor of saying we’re not going to treat people who are undocumented and cross borders as criminals. That’s correct. That is correct. And what we’ve got to do is we cannot have any more policy like we have under this current president, that is about inhumane conduct, that is about putting babies in cages, that is about separating children from their parents. And we have got to have policies that is about passing comprehensive immigration reform with the pathway toward citizenship, shutting down these private detention facilities —

MCCAIN: I believe that if someone crosses over the border illegally, it’s illegal. And you would decriminalize it.

HARRIS: I would not make it a crime punishable by jail. It should be a civil enforcement issue, but not a criminal enforcement issue.

HARRIS: There should be — you know, you gotta play by the rules, but we can’t treat people like criminals.

Twitter
illegal immigration is bad for america, but it's good for the dirty racist democrats

And business.

As long as it results in immediate deportation, decriminalize all you want.

You would have to amend the Constitution also.

Why? The Constitution already allows for immediate deportation.

Not without due process.

Where does the Constitution limit deportation?

I didn't say it did. The reply I replied to said immediate deportation. That can only happen after due process. If they bother to show up.

The reply I replied to said immediate deportation. That can only happen after due process.

You're mistaken.

You would have to amend the Constitution also.

Not without due process.

I didn't say it did. The reply I replied to said immediate deportation. That can only happen after due process. If they bother to show up.

The reply I replied to said immediate deportation. That can only happen after due process.

You're mistaken.

Except I am not.

Wong Wing v. United States - Wikipedia

This case established that non-citizens subject to criminal proceedings are entitled to the same constitutional protections available to citizens.

Not without due process.

You're mistaken.

Except I am not.

This case established that non-citizens subject to criminal proceedings are entitled to the same constitutional protections available to citizens.

Except, you are...….

Undocumented Immigrants Who Entered the U.S. Less Than Two Years Ago
Any undocumented immigrant who entered the U.S. unlawfully may be placed into expedited removal proceedings unless the person can demonstrate to immigration authorities that he or she has been continuously present in the United States for at least two years preceding the encounter. Expedited removal was expanded by the Trump Administration to include immigrants who are apprehended anywhere in the United States.

When Expedited Removal Allows Deportation Without a Hearing

Not without due process.

You're mistaken.

Except I am not.

Except, you are...….

Any undocumented immigrant who entered the U.S. unlawfully may be placed into expedited removal proceedings unless the person can demonstrate to immigration authorities that he or she has been continuously present in the United States for at least two years preceding the encounter. Expedited removal was expanded by the Trump Administration to include immigrants who are apprehended anywhere in the United States.

One thing at a time..........

Only “arriving aliens” (people who are attempting to enter the United States at a border

These people are not deported. They are turned away. This is the same thing Obama was slammed on. Claiming people turned away were deported. They were not.

Expedited removal is most commonly used at designated ports of entry, including airports, sea ports, and land border crossings. If you are seeking admission to the United States at a port of entry and the border agent determines that you do not have valid documents or that you have lied about anything related to your admissibility, the agent will initiate expedited removal proceedings and you will be deported as soon as possible.

You aren't actually deported, you are turned away. These are also not the people we are speaking about. These are people who are attempting to enter through official points. Not sneak in.

Then as it notes, all you have to do is claim "asylum" and you get put into the system. This is typical Trump. Saying he is doing something when he really is not.

You're mistaken.

Except I am not.

Except, you are...….

Only “arriving aliens” (people who are attempting to enter the United States at a border

These people are not deported. They are turned away. This is the same thing Obama was slammed on. Claiming people turned away were deported. They were not.

Expedited removal is most commonly used at designated ports of entry, including airports, sea ports, and land border crossings. If you are seeking admission to the United States at a port of entry and the border agent determines that you do not have valid documents or that you have lied about anything related to your admissibility, the agent will initiate expedited removal proceedings and you will be deported as soon as possible.

You aren't actually deported, you are turned away. These are also not the people we are speaking about. These are people who are attempting to enter through official points. Not sneak in.

Then as it notes, all you have to do is claim "asylum" and you get put into the system. This is typical Trump. Saying he is doing something when he really is not.

Nope. Here less than 2 years found anywhere in the US.

Then as it notes, all you have to do is claim "asylum" and you get put into the system.

Yes, we need to shut down the BS asylum rules.
Living in a corrupt shithole shouldn't be grounds for staying here more than 24 hours.

This shit will be the NORM once the demographic shift permits non-whites to win elections en masse.
White people need to wake the fuck up. Prepare!

All righty then!

Twitter

There is something that is always necessary to be a liberal. Its called...

cognative dissonance.jpg

All righty then!

Twitter
She spread her legs to get where she is; she isn’t letting all that sperm go to waste.

You're mistaken.

Except I am not.

Except, you are...….

Then as it notes, all you have to do is claim "asylum" and you get put into the system.

Living in a corrupt shithole shouldn't be grounds for staying here more than 24 hours.

It most certainly is when the U.S. had a hand in destroying their country. In many cases we put those corrupt leaders in place or our corrupt leaders were displaced.

Oh my goodness. So people must play by the rules, but we can't treat them as criminals if they break the rules! Yeah, makes perfect sense! I hope lots of centrist Democrats and Independents watched that program.

Harris would remove all criminal penalties for illegal border crossings. And just exactly what does she mean when she says that illegal crossings should be treated as a "civil matter"? They pay a fine and then get to stay?

You're mistaken.

Except I am not.

Except, you are...….

It most certainly is when the U.S. had a hand in destroying their country. In many cases we put those corrupt leaders in place or our corrupt leaders were displaced.

Sorry, living in a shithole isn't grounds for asylum......

If it was, we'd have to let all the residents of Baltimore into the country...….LOL!

Forum List

Back