Harvard Students Think ISIS Is Less Of A Threat Than America

None of them had the same reasoning, they ALL THOUGHT for themselves...so I'd say it is NOT Harvard that is teaching them this...otherwise they would all be in lockstep, with their reasoning.
Some are more susceptible than others.

I made it through 4 years of college without being indoctrinated.

Americans are fed a steady diet of Bullshite from the Government/Corporate Media. If they saw the charred mangled bodies of the children their Government slaughtered, their views on War would likely change dramatically. But they only get the sanitized dumbed-down 'GO TEAM AMERICA!' nonsense. Show the dead children, and perspectives will change. Bet on that.

Don't forget your sunscreen when you head over to Syria to join your fellow America-haters, champ. If you happen to see a laser dot on the sand, run directly toward it.

And a green beret does?
No, but considering the fact that I helped train these people, I was a counter-insurgency expert, and my unit is currently there today and I'm still in contact with them, yeah

Let me ask you this then. If the concept of a terror cell is such an effective means of creating havoc, why don't we use it? It seems like a well funded military like ours could use this in an incredibly cost-effective way.
I think the meaning of the word "terrorist"escapes you.

Terror cells are paid to blend in and act normal waiting on orders to strike. The closest thing we do is done by the CIA. Our intent isn't to cause terror but to gather Intel.

The difference between a terrorist and a covert operator is their target. Terrorists aren't random and the tactics they use could be used against them.
huh?

You consider a covert operator who is sanctioned by its government and used to protect the people of its sovereign nation no different than an individual who has an ideology and, without the backing of a sovereign nation, does all he/she can to achieve his/her goal...including the killing of innocent civilians?

Are you truly that niaive about the military, the CIA and other agencies that undertake covert operations?

I loathe people who criticize things they know nothing about.

Where did I say a covert operator should kill innocent civilians? I implied they should kill terrorists.

No, but considering the fact that I helped train these people, I was a counter-insurgency expert, and my unit is currently there today and I'm still in contact with them, yeah

Let me ask you this then. If the concept of a terror cell is such an effective means of creating havoc, why don't we use it? It seems like a well funded military like ours could use this in an incredibly cost-effective way.

Terror cells are paid to blend in and act normal waiting on orders to strike. The closest thing we do is done by the CIA. Our intent isn't to cause terror but to gather Intel.

The difference between a terrorist and a covert operator is their target. Terrorists aren't random and the tactics they use could be used against them.
huh?

You consider a covert operator who is sanctioned by its government and used to protect the people of its sovereign nation no different than an individual who has an ideology and, without the backing of a sovereign nation, does all he/she can to achieve his/her goal...including the killing of innocent civilians?

Are you truly that niaive about the military, the CIA and other agencies that undertake covert operations?

Where did I say a covert operator should kill innocent civilians? I implied they should kill terrorists.
I didn't say you said they should kill innocent civilians.

You said...

"The difference between a terrorist and a covert operator is their target"

So I simply showed you there are many more differences than just their targets.

Well the commies has now taken over Harvard just like they have many other Universities. that was one of their states goals in the Communist Manifesto

and this where the man you put in President went school. gives you the warm fuzzies I hope

we have SERIOUS enemy's within folks. you better wake the hell up

Created and produced by the Republican Party.

None of them had the same reasoning, they ALL THOUGHT for themselves...so I'd say it is NOT Harvard that is teaching them this...otherwise they would all be in lockstep, with their reasoning.
Some are more susceptible than others.

I made it through 4 years of college without being indoctrinated.

So what did you do with your BS in Bible Study?

huh?

You said...

Ok, I got ya. So maybe you'll want to take a stab at this. Why don't we adopt the sleeper cell method? If it scares the shit out of us, seems like it would do the same to a group like ISIS. And it would certainly beat ramping up military involvement then sending them home, ramping up, sending home... Not to mention keeping a fleet of drones and even costlier aircraft circling, lauching $50,000 missiles, etc.

You'd think that given how hard it is to gain admittance to Harvard, these kids might be intelligent and have some idea of what they're talking about. Oh wait, they probably do.
Probably not.

They only know what they're being taught. They're being taught to hate the country of their birth every single day. They can't even consider opposing viewpoints yet because they haven't enough first-hand experience to make a true judgment on it.

Mud you are one funny guy.

Every criticism to you is "hatred". Blind fawning is the only way in your sick head to show "love"

Then you complain about someone not being able to handle opposing viewpoints while you tell everyone you disagree with America Haters and Commies.

So now I can't disagree with them or it's nothing but hatred?

Thats the bar you set. Everyone who doesnt think America is infallible "hates" America to you. Seems like your logic doesnt work the other way around huh?

BTW, what do they call an attitude that feels somebody who saws heads off, rapes women, murders 6mo old babies is better than the country they were born in? I wouldn't call it admiration or love.

Who said Isis was better? No one. Strawman destroyed

The question was in the headline numb-nuts

Is there another headline somewhere I'm not seeing? This headline says
Harvard Students Say America A Bigger Threat Than ISIS, ‘We Are To Blame For A Lot’

Wheres the one that says "which is better the US or Isis?"

Probably not.

They only know what they're being taught. They're being taught to hate the country of their birth every single day. They can't even consider opposing viewpoints yet because they haven't enough first-hand experience to make a true judgment on it.

Mud you are one funny guy.

Every criticism to you is "hatred". Blind fawning is the only way in your sick head to show "love"

Then you complain about someone not being able to handle opposing viewpoints while you tell everyone you disagree with America Haters and Commies.

So now I can't disagree with them or it's nothing but hatred?

Thats the bar you set. Everyone who doesnt think America is infallible "hates" America to you. Seems like your logic doesnt work the other way around huh?

BTW, what do they call an attitude that feels somebody who saws heads off, rapes women, murders 6mo old babies is better than the country they were born in? I wouldn't call it admiration or love.

Who said Isis was better? No one. Strawman destroyed

The question was in the headline numb-nuts

Is there another headline somewhere I'm not seeing? This headline says
Harvard Students Say America A Bigger Threat Than ISIS, ‘We Are To Blame For A Lot’

Wheres the one that says "which is better the US or Isis?"
ISIS did threaten Russia....

huh?

You said...

Ok, I got ya. So maybe you'll want to take a stab at this. Why don't we adopt the sleeper cell method? If it scares the shit out of us, seems like it would do the same to a group like ISIS. And it would certainly beat ramping up military involvement then sending them home, ramping up, sending home... Not to mention keeping a fleet of drones and even costlier aircraft circling, lauching $50,000 missiles, etc.
A sleeper cell that would emerge and handle 35,000 terrorists? How would that be possible?

A sleeper cell can be used when your plan is to take out a few and scare the shit out of the rest of them. Ideal against non trained civilians who are not normally involved in a military environment...and seeing people die around them is surreal to them.

But do you truly think a sleeper cell who emerges and takes out 300 terrorists will scare the shit out of the other 34,700 of them?

We are a bigger threat. Both to ourselves and the world. ISIS has killed a few thousand? Sanctions on Iraq alone are directly responsible for about 300,000 dead women and children (and that's the lower end of the estimate.) Plus the US despite only having 4-5% of the planetary population consumes about 25% of its resources.

May not like terrorists or even Islam, but it's irrefutable who's more damaging to the planet and people in particular.

Very sadly, i have to agree. Most International Polls taken, have concluded that the U.S. is the biggest threat to World Peace. No nation other than possibly Great Britain, meddles in other nations' affairs more than the U.S. does. We're everywhere stirring shit up. That's just the sad truth.

You're welcome to leave anytime you wish. Go fight for ISIS. Hope you see that hellfire missile coming at your head while you pretend you're in the 14th Century....

Amusing how you think a patriot fairly criticizing an immoral government is somehow un-American. Guess we know whose side you're on.

You Nazi liberals label anything you don't agree with as "Immoral". I'll tell you the same damned thing I tell anyone like you - you hate this country so goddamned bad? Leave. Move to Switzerland where you can languish with the rest of the pansy-assed clowns.

I understand that you hate America. I don't know where your hatred comes from - I suppose you have had your assed kicked repeatedly - but that's your problem. Don't like it? Please, do yourself a favor and leave. You'll sleep much better at night, knowing that you've done your part, you "patriot".

I'm not a liberal, though I get how some conservatives assume everyone who doesn't agree with them must be. Though uninterested in American politics beyond knowing what's going on, I am interested and active in Israeli politics and am affiliated with the Likud party (about as right-wing as you can get.)

You mean the Israelis haven't already exposed you as a weirdo?

This is the kind of nonsensical psycho babble they're teaching our kids at Harvard:

Harvard Students Say America A Bigger Threat Than ISIS 8216 We Are To Blame For A Lot 8217 Video

You'd think that given how hard it is to gain admittance to Harvard, these kids might be intelligent and have some idea of what they're talking about. Oh wait, they probably do.

Ah, the people's republic of Cambridge, don't you love them.

They are intelligent. But their mommies and daddies always paid their bills for them and they know nothing about the real world. Why would they?

Silly woman.

huh?

You said...

A sleeper cell that would emerge and handle 35,000 terrorists? How would that be possible?

A sleeper cell can be used when your plan is to take out a few and scare the shit out of the rest of them. Ideal against non trained civilians who are not normally involved in a military environment...and seeing people die around them is surreal to them.

But do you truly think a sleeper cell who emerges and takes out 300 terrorists will scare the shit out of the other 34,700 of them?

No, I'm saying we could have a whole bunch of sleeper cells rather than a bunch of military bases.

I'm not a liberal, though I get how some conservatives assume everyone who doesn't agree with them must be

Actually, it's because everything you argue is liberal.

BTW, another clue that you're a liberal is that liberals are way more likely to call everyone who doesn't agree with them a Republican. As a libertarian, conservatives generally have no problem recognizing I'm not one of them and I'm not a liberal. I do get called a liberal occasionally, but generally not. On the other hand, virtually no liberals don't grasp I"m not a Republican. If you really were neither, you would know that.

And the funniest part of this whole thread is that not one RW'er has said that Isis is more of a threat to anyone than America could be. Want to know why? Because its so fucking silly no one wants to be heard even saying such a stupid thing

Riiiight.

And when your car (hypothetically) hits a pedestrian you might plead innocence on the basis that all you did was to put your foot on the car's gas pedal.

If you can't connect the dots you belong at the USMB Jr. forum.

Or you are merely a fucking liar.

Should have made them a Yali and all would be well...

That's, "Yalie".

Spell checking the internet is an enormous job and you don't seem to be getting very far, but someone has to do it. Hang in there, my friend!

Uh, part of my job of helping to try to save America includes re-enforcing healthy, positive, constructive standards when I can.

Though I'm far from being an infallible custodian, this re-enforcing includes correcting errors in grammar and spelling as long as such re-enforcing, in these instances, doesn't become generally disruptive to the on-going discussion.

And FYI, something like correcting the spelling of "Yalie" did not require anything more than reading his post, realizing it was misspelled, then quickly posting the correction...from memory..

No internet checking was required.

Last edited:
Well the commies has now taken over Harvard just like they have many other Universities. that was one of their states goals in the Communist Manifesto

and this where the man you put in President went school. gives you the warm fuzzies I hope

we have SERIOUS enemy's within folks. you better wake the hell up

Created and produced by the Republican Party.
Yeah, that's the ticket....

images

Forum List

Back