Has ACA died?

The states that have functioning state exchanges will continue for a while to have local Ocare but DC in general and Obama in particular seem to have written off the ACA as political suicide with this latest delay of mandate. Does this mean that the program is rapidly becoming a dead letter?

Well it certainly needs to be repealed but that won't happen until Obama is out of office. It's his legacy--signature bill--and it would be quite embarrassing for him to write it off now. After all he spent the first two years of his term---as health care dictator and chief--versus trying to get JOBS up and moving in this country.

The irony--now that Obamacare is starting to be implemented--he has delayed the employer mandate twice--now until 2016 because I think they have finally realized that Obamacare is a JOB KILLER.

144167_600.jpg

according to the aca bill/law as passed; states that do not have an exchange cannot have federal subsides offered/transferred there in. Wait for that shoe to drop.

frankly the aca is not the aca as passed, it hasn't been for a while. Its one thing for the treas. dept. to tweak rules and the calculus for the flow/thru put of funds, but its entirely another to submerge/fracture and delay for years or repeal major structural prgms./processes that make the aca what it was or intended .....

I don't recall Congress passing any amendments, when did that happen?

Jake an ardent Obama supporter who has admitted voting for him believes that THIS President has the Constitutional Authority to change, abrogate or rewrite any law as he see's fit.

(1) I do believe any president has the power to administer any government program.

(2) Antares cannot prove any admission by me; to the contrary, I supported McCain and Romney and voted for them.

(3) Antares is pissed that the greed of his industry will cost him a good paying job.

your use of 'administer' here is a huge mischaracterization of what has occurred.

Jake an ardent Obama supporter who has admitted voting for him believes that THIS President has the Constitutional Authority to change, abrogate or rewrite any law as he see's fit.

(1) I do believe any president has the power to administer any government program.

(2) Antares cannot prove any admission by me; to the contrary, I supported McCain and Romney and voted for them.

(3) Antares is pissed that the greed of his industry will cost him a good paying job.

your use of 'administer' here is a huge mischaracterization of what has occurred.

in your mind, only

but go ahead and give us law to back your position

in your mind, only

I voted for McCain and Obama.

Your industry is getting what it earned, Antares.

Tuff dat.

LOL, Jake, still shilling for the unconstitutionality of the Boi Kings Lawlessness?

in your mind, only

You want law?

Article 2 Section 3 COTUS "(H)e shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."

Want to point out where that says he can say that a law that clearly says you have to provide insurance by January 1 2014 doesn't apply until 2016?

;) No shit! He is out of control and desperate.

;) No shit! He is out of control and desperate.
Wouldn't that imply he is acting different than usually?

The states that have functioning state exchanges will continue for a while to have local Ocare but DC in general and Obama in particular seem to have written off the ACA as political suicide with this latest delay of mandate. Does this mean that the program is rapidly becoming a dead letter?

Yes, it is dying a slow lingering death, and here in Oregon, it has been another wasteful government spending program that doesn't work.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...ust-watch-Cover-Oregon-morphs-into-CYA-Oregon

Here in Oregon, where two steps forward and three steps back is considered to be “progress,” a liberal Democratic governor and Legislature have spent $200 million of our tax dollars on a health-care insurance website exchange that doesn’t even work.

Two hundred million dollars. This is an outrage. This is our hard-earned, good money that could have been spent on our decaying infrastructure, jobs programs, public education or, heavens, maybe even feed a hungry kid or 2 million.

It remains to be seen whether or not Democrats will pay a political price
for this level of failure, deceit and controversy, but criminal charges are what really need to be considered.

Watch now as the Democrats, CEOs and administrators who gave us Cover Oregon continue to scatter and run from the truth, and their vaunted version of Mr. Obama’s signature, disastrous Unaffordable Care Act morphs into a new program called CYA Oregon.

Oh stop. Just stop telling that bullshit. Those are all things Republicans have been against since right after Bush became president.

in your mind, only

uh huh, lets see, for example, he signed an order ( several actually) abrogating certain laws as practiced/enforced by the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency.

Ok, he can do that, but then, he told health Insurance companies they could continue to offer and could also reinstate plans in direct contravention of statutory law, see the difference there?

Forum List

Back