Has Anybody Ever Been to Alaska Before?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
This was originally going to be a virtual vacation thread, but I don't do those much anymore and I don't know what all there is to do in Alaska. I've always wanted to go, but I don't really travel anymore and when I did travel unfortunately I never got the chance. So if we have anybody on this message board that's from Alaska or has been there before, please share your stories here. :)

This was originally going to be a virtual vacation thread, but I don't do those much anymore and I don't know what all there is to do in Alaska. I've always wanted to go, but I don't really travel anymore and when I did travel unfortunately I never got the chance. So if we have anybody on this message board that's from Alaska or has been there before, please share your stories here. :)
Yes, I've been there, and let me tell you it's horrific.

All of the polar bears are dead and rotting corpses and the snow is on fire.

Damn that global warming!!!

flame-fire-white-snow-winter-110929632.jpg

th

What is a "virtual vacation"? It's not a vacation unless you vacate.

Well like I've done Disney ones before with the kinds of rides and entertainment that are there with videos. I just decided to turn this into a regular discussion thread instead. It doesn't mean that we can't still post videos, it's just not in that kind of format.

This is a joke right?

We took a cruise there in 2006. It isn't a great way to see a place as time is so limited. I am contemplating a camp-cation to Alaska. Driving from WA through the AlCan highway to Fairbanks and spending about three weeks exploring. I think this is the only way you truly see the area.

Did a cruise to Alaska a few years ago. It’s really something to see.

Bonzi and I will visit there when we retire - 100%.
Also Greece, a place she has always wanted to go and into Italy.
And possibly Northern Europe.. Scandinavia, Norway etc.

Btw I still might do a virtual Disney vacation one because that way you won't have to pay them a cent for it,... Just not sure when.

th
Palin the Impaler

We Marines had a stopover there on our way to Vietnam. It was creepy and other-wordly, like we had landed on some distant desolated planet. So was Vietnam.

Vladimir Putin
Will quit his lootin'
And start scootin'
When the Thrilla From Wasilla
Comes a-hootin'
And a-tootin'

From her command post
In an igloo
She'll turn Russian pilots
Into MiG-glue

A beautiful state.

I did a cruise there. Well worth it - the scenery is breathtaking! I couldn’t spare the time because I was working, but if you can, add Denali Park pre- or post-cruise.

I think that I'm going to do a virtual trip to Disneyland later on after all. :)

I lived in the interior near Fairbanks for a number of years.

Amazing.

I would contact the Chamber of Commerce for Juneau, Anchorage, and Fairbanks for information.

Story: landing at midnight in the middle of a great snow storm at Fort Yukon is a moment I won't forget.

Forum List

Back