Has anyone tried the Theragun?

Well, realize that you are always in control of that pressure and by simply backing off on the force YOU apply in applying it to the body, that force can be lessened as needed but is there if you need it.

Oh, you got it from Amazon? Those idiots have been such total clusterfucks the past six months that I've all but cut off buying anything from them and I've told them. My new policy is that I only shop Amazon now as a last resort if I can't find anywhere else. Recently I found a rare music CD of a friend that I've looked for for 20 years, then got an email from the seller saying that they received it back from USPS in such bad damaged condition that they didn't even bother shipping it through to me, they sent it back to the seller instead. Then I was lucky enough to find it from another seller for a few more bucks, but Amazon boxed it with a quart container of ceramic tile cement and didn't bother to put anything at all in the box with the two items to keep things from moving around!

When the box arrived and I picked it up, first thing I noticed was that there was this heavy object roiling around freely all over inside the box! And you guessed it, when I opened the box, the cement was OK, but the CD was just laying face down in the box and the whole back of the case was all busted and cracked as if it had been pounded by a fist and I wrote the seller who assured me that they gave it to Amazon in very good condition!

One thing seems obvious is that the Theragun is just way better designed to make it easy to hold with BOTH hands whereas the others seem designed for one, and that alone would make a big difference in being able to keep the application point steady and aimed on the intended spot as well as allow the user far less arm and wrist fatigue.

I've never had a problem with Amazon,in fact they've gone to bat for me several times over the years.
Of course the Wife and I spend a fuck ton of money through Amazon every year so that could have something to do with it.

Well, realize that you are always in control of that pressure and by simply backing off on the force YOU apply in applying it to the body, that force can be lessened as needed but is there if you need it.

Oh, you got it from Amazon? Those idiots have been such total clusterfucks the past six months that I've all but cut off buying anything from them and I've told them. My new policy is that I only shop Amazon now as a last resort if I can't find anywhere else. Recently I found a rare music CD of a friend that I've looked for for 20 years, then got an email from the seller saying that they received it back from USPS in such bad damaged condition that they didn't even bother shipping it through to me, they sent it back to the seller instead. Then I was lucky enough to find it from another seller for a few more bucks, but Amazon boxed it with a quart container of ceramic tile cement and didn't bother to put anything at all in the box with the two items to keep things from moving around!

When the box arrived and I picked it up, first thing I noticed was that there was this heavy object roiling around freely all over inside the box! And you guessed it, when I opened the box, the cement was OK, but the CD was just laying face down in the box and the whole back of the case was all busted and cracked as if it had been pounded by a fist and I wrote the seller who assured me that they gave it to Amazon in very good condition!

One thing seems obvious is that the Theragun is just way better designed to make it easy to hold with BOTH hands whereas the others seem designed for one, and that alone would make a big difference in being able to keep the application point steady and aimed on the intended spot as well as allow the user far less arm and wrist fatigue.

Yes you are in control of the force you apply which tells me 80 lbs is totally unnecessary and the reviews say the same.
Most people using one hand dont even have the strength to apply 80 lbs of force.

When I get it, I have a small (3" ?) knobby "Yoga Ball" that I put behind me and lean back into in my recliner that has knobs on it that with skill and practice, digs into just the right spot to eventually release the trigger point and allow the muscle to relax.

That definitely works.
I have a unit that you put on the back of a chair or couch that you lean back on that works pretty well but you cant target things that are off center.
We've been considering assing up the money for one of the massage chairs that go for $3K and more but we dont really need something that massages areas that we dont have a problem with.
While it'd still be nice I'm not sure it's worth $3K nice.

Yes you are in control of the force you apply which tells me 80 lbs is totally unnecessary and the reviews say the same.
Most people using one hand dont even have the strength to apply 80 lbs of force.

No part of the body is going to take that kind of force except the largest muscle groups, maybe the legs of an athlete, or a severe injury needing aggressive therapy, where the pain of the injury is even greater than the pain of getting pounded by up to 80 pounds in a small area to work the injury pain out ala scar tissue, but I can imagine needing it!

It is usually caused by tension, worry or problems of some kind in a person's life--- for some reason, the body likes to dump it there!

Never having had a problem there it's curious.
I've had five hip surgeries,a lower back surgery and cancer surgery in the last 5 or 6 years with one more hip surgery in my near future.
I'd have thought that would be enough to set it off over tension years ago.
But who the hell knows,the body does things we dont know about or understand.

Never having had a problem there it's curious.
I've had five hip surgeries,a lower back surgery and cancer surgery in the last 5 or 6 years with one more hip surgery in my near future.
I'd have thought that would be enough to set it off over tension years ago.
But who the hell knows,the body does things we dont know about or understand.

Maybe subconsciously you are worried about this next surgery?

Maybe subconsciously you are worried about this next surgery?

I dont think so.
I've had so many surgeries over the years that one more doesn't even phase me.

On the plus side the Thermagun I ordered this afternoon is already on my porch.
Having an Amazon distribution warehouse in town really speeds things up when it comes to delivery times.

My conclusion on the Theragun.
It definitely helps but the benefits don't last as long as I'd like.
Going to have to use it 3 times a day which would be fine if the Wife wasn't gone all day.
The 40 lb. stall isnt an issue at all,it never came close to stalling and it hurt like hell if the Wife pushed to hard anyway.
The Wife used it the length of my back and I gotta say it felt damn good on my lower back that isnt hurting.
Worth the money? I say yes it is worth it,even though it only helps for around 3 or 4 hours it's a break from the pain.
Still considering a massage chair so I dont have to rely on the Wife,just not sure how well it would target the pain.

Forum List

Back