Has Bobby Jindal Lost his mind?

[

Rape the land? Seriously? You're going to make such a ridiculous claim.

Providing energy for people to survive isnt raping the land. Would you prefer people were dying from lack of food and cold?

Most of our petroleum consumption isn't for food production or heating. Most of it is for transportation and plastics production.

Americans make up 4% of the world's population, but we consume 25% of its petroleum.

Ending a tax on the productive,....damn nuts is what it is.

/sarcasm

Sorry, I'm not seeing how this person is productive.

220px-Paris_Hilton_2009.jpg

The wealthy are parasites that have convinced stupid people like you they are vital organs.

You think she pays income taxes? You do realize income taxes are paid by those who actually work, right?

People who get their money from daddy or capital rather than labor don't have income.

It's the income tax that burdens the poor and middle class. It's designed to keep them down and keep them from every becoming wealthy and challenging the elite classes power.
You just sailed one over his head.

[

You think she pays income taxes? You do realize income taxes are paid by those who actually work, right?

People who get their money from daddy or capital rather than labor don't have income.

It's the income tax that burdens the poor and middle class. It's designed to keep them down and keep them from every becoming wealthy and challenging the elite classes power.

I missed this when Captain Magic Underpants originally said it, but nope, you both have it wrong.

When you have a PROPER income tax, like we had before Reagan or even under Clinton, the rich pay their fair share. This is the point you guys always whine about, that the poor 1%ers pay 53% of the income tax, the poor darlings.

Now, I am loathe to discuss anything with a guy who takes the name of the most cowardly murderer in American History as a screen name, but seriously, dude? Did you even try to keep up with the conversation?

I was specifically talking about STATE income tax vs. STATE sales tax, the latter of which does burden the working class more if the majority of your earnings are spent on food, shelter and consumer goods.

Not to mention it depresses economic activity.

How would you explain running a country such as what the USA is without some formal way of paying for the things we all take advantage of?

Lots of ways to raise revenue without taxing a man's labor, which was the point. The way the USA "is" far oversteps the enumerated powers to which the federal government is supposed to be restricted, but we're talking about state taxes. Several states operate just fine without an income tax, so I'm not sure why you appear incapable of reasonable discourse regarding the idea of a state eliminating its income tax.

How would you explain running a country such as what the USA is without some formal way of paying for the things we all take advantage of?

Lots of ways to raise revenue without taxing a man's labor, which was the point. The way the USA "is" far oversteps the enumerated powers to which the federal government is supposed to be restricted, but we're talking about state taxes. Several states operate just fine without an income tax, so I'm not sure why you appear incapable of reasonable discourse regarding the idea of a state eliminating its income tax.

I dispute if they operate "just fine".

They do have a sales tax instead of an income tax. Frankly, I can see why a CONSERVATIVE should be more against sales taxes.

They discourage commerce.
They are "stealth" taxes so that people don't know how much they are being taxed or can't quantify it.

Does it work in a state like Nevada or Florida, where they have lots of tourism and an influx of out of state tax dollars. Sure. I guess. It might even work in a state like Alaska, where the Oil Companies own the state and it's brainless politicians.

Is it a good policy? Not so sure.

Here's the real problem with taxation overall. - it's a shell game to keep you confused about what you are paying.

[

I missed this when Captain Magic Underpants originally said it, but nope, you both have it wrong.

When you have a PROPER income tax, like we had before Reagan or even under Clinton, the rich pay their fair share. This is the point you guys always whine about, that the poor 1%ers pay 53% of the income tax, the poor darlings.

Now, I am loathe to discuss anything with a guy who takes the name of the most cowardly murderer in American History as a screen name, but seriously, dude? Did you even try to keep up with the conversation?

I was specifically talking about STATE income tax vs. STATE sales tax, the latter of which does burden the working class more if the majority of your earnings are spent on food, shelter and consumer goods.

Please show empirical evidence that a higher state sales tax in lieu of income taxes depresses economic activity. Thanks.

I dispute if they operate "just fine".

Then show us actual evidence that the seven states which have no income tax are not doing just fine. "Because I say so" doesn't cut it.

They do have a sales tax instead of an income tax.

And the other states have both. Point?

Frankly, I can see why a CONSERVATIVE should be more against sales taxes.

Not a conservative, even if you use all caps.

They discourage commerce.

Again, looking for actual evidence. Here, you'll have to show that sales are depressed in the states without an income tax. Good luck.

They are "stealth" taxes so that people don't know how much they are being taxed or can't quantify it.

Which would be true in any state with a sales tax. With few exceptions, every state has a sales tax. So, are you advocating no sales tax in any state?

Does it work in a state like Nevada or Florida, where they have lots of tourism and an influx of out of state tax dollars. Sure. I guess.

And it works in the other states without tourism. You have yet to provide any evidence to the contrary.

It might even work in a state like Alaska, where the Oil Companies own the state and it's brainless politicians.

Captain Hyperbole strikes again.

Is it a good policy? Not so sure.

Then why are you so sure eliminating income tax is a bad thing?

Here's the real problem with taxation overall. - it's a shell game to keep you confused about what you are paying

I disagree. The real problem with taxation is that it's funding social experiments that governments should not be meddling with in the first place.

[quo

I disagree. The real problem with taxation is that it's funding social experiments that governments should not be meddling with in the first place.

Yeah, I know. Those whacky experiments like safe workplaces, clean air, clean water, literacy, public roads, etc. You know, that crazy talk.

Don't they know America was built by a bunch of white assholes with guns shootin' them minorities?

[quo

Yeah, I know. Those whacky experiments like safe workplaces, clean air, clean water, literacy, public roads, etc. You know, that crazy talk.

Don't they know America was built by a bunch of white assholes with guns shootin' them minorities?

Captain Hyperbole, once again.

You make yourself look downright silly.

Good luck with that.

p.s. We all noticed your inability to address the point that states without an income tax are doing well. Fail dude, fail.

[quo

Good luck with that.

p.s. We all noticed your inability to address the point that states without an income tax are doing well. Fail dude, fail.

You know what I've noticed.

That if Libertarianism is "the Bomb", why has not ONE COUNTRY in the world tried it, ever?

I mean, they even gave the really bad ideas like Fascism and Communism a try before decided that was terrible.

But Libertarianism. Nope, no one ever tries that for some reason.

Good luck with that.

You know what I've noticed.

That if Libertarianism is "the Bomb", why has not ONE COUNTRY in the world tried it, ever?

I mean, they even gave the really bad ideas like Fascism and Communism a try before decided that was terrible.

But Libertarianism. Nope, no one ever tries that for some reason.

Wow, you really do have a hard time staying on topic. We were talking about state income tax...and you still haven't back up your claims.

But, to answer your question, libertarianism requires the will to AVOID the consolidation of power. Government, by its very nature, attracts those that seek to control others.

That said, America up until the last 100 years was as close to a libertarian society as we've had and it was a period during which more poor became middle class and more middle class became rich than at any time in history. It was an experiment that changed the world. But I understand you and your central planner buddies are just SURE you know better...:doubt:

Please show empirical evidence that a higher state sales tax in lieu of income taxes depresses economic activity. Thanks.

Cannot show what does not exist.

Can put it in way even libertarian retards like you can understand.

A car costs $15,000. If you replace a 5% income tax with a 10% sales tax, that care now costs $16,500.

That's an incentive NOT to buy a new car until you absolutely need one.

[

But, to answer your question, libertarianism requires the will to AVOID the consolidation of power. Government, by its very nature, attracts those that seek to control others.

That said, America up until the last 100 years was as close to a libertarian society as we've had and it was a period during which more poor became middle class and more middle class became rich than at any time in history. It was an experiment that changed the world. But I understand you and your central planner buddies are just SURE you know better...:doubt:

America wasn't "Libertarian" 100 years ago.

Just ask the black folks who had to ride on the back of the bus.

The rise to the middle class didn't occur until FDR decided to put the power of government on the side of working people and against the plutocrats and the wealthy.

Let's be honest, Libertarians would be taken as seriously as Scientologists if they didn't have sugar daddies like the Koch Brothers.

A car costs $15,000. If you replace a 5% income tax with a 10% sales tax, that care now costs $16,500.

Of course, without the income tax, we'd all have more money to buy the car.

"Retards"? Very mature...

[

There were no busses 100 years ago genius. But thanks for reminding us about those Democrat supported segregationist laws we all hate now.

The rise to the middle class didn't occur until FDR decided to put the power of government on the side of working people and against the plutocrats and the wealthy.

Well, that's just a lie. Not that we're expecting you to back any of your bullshit claims up with specificity, logic or reason.

Let's be honest, Libertarians would be taken as seriously as Scientologists if they didn't have sugar daddies like the Koch Brother

Hey, Captain Hyperbole, that suit of yours looks really stupid.

Well, no, not really. We'd have less money, because the sales tax is actually a more inefficient way of collecting money. It's why a sales tax actually has to be higher than a state income tax, because the merchant gets to keep a cut, and paperwork has to be kept on transactions.

More to the point, people will try to beat the system. As an example, there are a whole bunch of shops that sell cigarettes on the Indiana border to avoid Illinois' higher tobacco taxes.

And seriously, "Retards" is being mild when describing Libertarian cultists.

LiberTARDians. Yeah. that sounds better.

[

There were no busses 100 years ago genius. But thanks for reminding us about those Democrat supported segregationist laws we all hate now.

Actually, there were, but they called them "Streetcars". But you miss the point. The LiberTARDians claim if you just got government out of the way, people could rise to their best abilities. The fact is, White Anglo-Saxon Privilage had to be protected by government, whether it be Jim Crow Laws or Baine Amendments to keep Catholic immigrants down.

Well, that's just a lie. Not that we're expecting you to back any of your bullshit claims up with specificity, logic or reason.

Nor will I waste my time trying to educate you on the last 200 years of American history.

Let's be honest, Libertarians would be taken as seriously as Scientologists if they didn't have sugar daddies like the Koch Brother

Hey, Captain Hyperbole, that suit of yours looks really stupid.

oooh, I'm hitting the LiberTARDians where it hurts.

Well, no, not really. We'd have less money, because the sales tax is actually a more inefficient way of collecting money. It's why a sales tax actually has to be higher than a state income tax, because the merchant gets to keep a cut, and paperwork has to be kept on transactions.

More to the point, people will try to beat the system. As an example, there are a whole bunch of shops that sell cigarettes on the Indiana border to avoid Illinois' higher tobacco taxes.

And seriously, "Retards" is being mild when describing Libertarian cultists.

LiberTARDians. Yeah. that sounds better.

Of course, your example is a fantasy. NO state has a 10% sales tax. California has the highest at 7.25%. Further, the states that have no income tax are not hurting for revenue...even the ones without tourism.

The facts do you support the shit you spew.

Actually, there were, but they called them "Streetcars". .

I see you're an expert at the 'back peddle' stroke. Pathetic.

But you miss the point. The LiberTARDians claim if you just got government out of the way, people could rise to their best abilities. The fact is, White Anglo-Saxon Privilage had to be protected by government, whether it be Jim Crow Laws or Baine Amendments to keep Catholic immigrants down.

"Facts" that you cannot support with even a modicum of specificity, logic or reason.

I'm hitting the LiberTARDians where it hurts

Sure you are. You go with that...:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back