Has Sean Hannity gone off the deep end?

I am a Rush fan, 24/7 member, I am bigger fan of Mark Levin, the biggest threat to the democrats. I have listened to Hannity. He is not for me, I just dont see him as professional as Rush or as strong as Mark Levin. I cannot disagree with any of the critism of Hannity. It is best that people forget Hannity and devote the time to listening to Mark Levin, if you got extra time that the Rush Limbaugh show.

O'rielly, I agree with much said, as far as needing to know the truth of a phone call, give me a break, are we to judge all personalitites on whats said on the phone. Can it be so evil as to warrant pulling him off the air. No way. Anderson Cooper is a bigot yet he is allowed to rant, I imagine if we saw into that mans closet I at least would have nightmares the rest of my life. O'rielly sucks but the stories he does about judges letting the child molestors go out weigh any other transgression the man has done.

Did Hannity go off the deep end, nope, he was just never a Mark Levin or Rush Limbaugh and now he is trying too hard.

No wonder your paranoid. Consider listening to other sources for your information that partisan hacks.

hannity is the rights olberman....

My favorite political talk shows are “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” and “The Rachel Maddow Show”. They can cut through the spin and nonsense of the right wing commentators. Those two people are intelligent, knowledgeable, and very insightful. I don’t know of any gross misbehavior (Bill O'Reilly), failed promises (Michael Savage), drug abuse hypocrisy (Rush Limbaugh), or absurd fear-mongering hype and hyperbole (Sean Hannity) from Keith and Rachel. Do you?

I am a Rush fan, 24/7 member, I am bigger fan of Mark Levin, the biggest threat to the democrats. I have listened to Hannity. He is not for me, I just dont see him as professional as Rush or as strong as Mark Levin. I cannot disagree with any of the critism of Hannity. It is best that people forget Hannity and devote the time to listening to Mark Levin, if you got extra time that the Rush Limbaugh show.

O'rielly, I agree with much said, as far as needing to know the truth of a phone call, give me a break, are we to judge all personalitites on whats said on the phone. Can it be so evil as to warrant pulling him off the air. No way. Anderson Cooper is a bigot yet he is allowed to rant, I imagine if we saw into that mans closet I at least would have nightmares the rest of my life. O'rielly sucks but the stories he does about judges letting the child molestors go out weigh any other transgression the man has done.

Did Hannity go off the deep end, nope, he was just never a Mark Levin or Rush Limbaugh and now he is trying too hard.

Who woulda guessed?:rolleyes:

Well, you've already talked about what Hannity's function is. He's an entertainer trying to keep his ratings up. He has to feed the partisans if he wants to keep his job.

I've only watched his show about 3 times, ever. All of the extreme talk show hosts are about over the edge lately attempting to keep their party and in turn keep themselves above water.

They all seem desperate but at some point they will realize there will always be someone there to lap up misinformation by the boatload as long as it makes them feel better about themselves.

My favorite political talk shows are “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” and “The Rachel Maddow Show”. They can cut through the spin and nonsense of the right wing commentators. Those two people are intelligent, knowledgeable, and very insightful. I don’t know of any gross misbehavior (Bill O'Reilly), failed promises (Michael Savage), drug abuse hypocrisy (Rush Limbaugh), or absurd fear-mongering hype and hyperbole (Sean Hannity) from Keith and Rachel. Do you?

Mine too but Ed Shultz is becoming a fav of mine recently.

Mine too but Ed Shultz is becoming a fav of mine recently.

Links at site:

Instapundit » Blog Archive » MSNBC’S THEATRICS CREATE Drama at GE Shareholders Meeting. Things got testy Wednesday at the GE s…

APRIL 22, 2009
MSNBC’S THEATRICS CREATE Drama at GE Shareholders Meeting.
Things got testy Wednesday at the GE shareholders meeting courtesy of several complaints about political bias at its media division, NBC Universal. Just don’t expect to see the fireworks at the company’s webcast of the event, which contains prepared remarks from CEO Jeff Immelt and CFO Keith Sherin but leaves out their interaction with shareholders. . . . Just before GE board members were re-elected, shareholders asked about 10 questions of a mostly political nature concerning the viewpoints of MSNBC and CNBC, according to attendees.

First up was a woman asking about a reported meeting in which Immelt and NBC Uni CEO Jeff Zucker supposedly told top CNBC executives and talent to be less critical of President Obama and his policies.

Immelt acknowledged a meeting took place but said no one at CNBC was told what to say or not say about politics.

During the woman’s follow-up question, her microphone was cut off. Later, during the umpteenth question about MSNBC, another shareholder’s microphone was cut, according to multiple attendees.

“The crowd was very upset with MSNBC because of its leftward tilt,” one attendee said. “Some former employees said they were embarrassed by it.”

One specific complaint about MSNBC concerned Keith Olbermann’s interview of actress Janeane Garofalo, who likened conservatives to racists and spoke of “the limbic brain inside a right-winger.”

“They were upset that Olbermann didn’t bother to challenge her,” one GE shareholder said.

Interesting. I wonder if we’ll see more of this.

Related: MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow suffers big audience loss.

Posted at by Glenn Reynolds at 9:39 pm

Nobody listens to Hannity.

They listen to endless commercials for Sleepcomfort, Ranai water heaters, Ruth's Chris and other places nobody I know visits or uses.

Then, after the commercials, he talks to Sweet Baby James (his lover???) and we can't hear half the conversation. Rush does that too.

And just when they start talking real substance, Sean says, "We're up against a hard break."

This usually happens at about 47 minutes after the hour and continues to about nine or ten minutes after the hour.

My drive to work is fifteen to twenty minutes, and I have made it all the way home several times on nothing but commercials.

Now?

I listen only to NPR. They don't have commercials.

Nobody listens to Hannity.

They listen to endless commercials for Sleepcomfort, Ranai water heaters, Ruth's Chris and other places nobody I know visits or uses.

Then, after the commercials, he talks to Sweet Baby James (his lover???) and we can't hear half the conversation. Rush does that too.

And just when they start talking real substance, Sean says, "We're up against a hard break."

This usually happens at about 47 minutes after the hour and continues to about nine or ten minutes after the hour.

My drive to work is fifteen to twenty minutes, and I have made it all the way home several times on nothing but commercials.

Now?

I listen only to NPR. They don't have commercials.

Repped :):clap2:

Yes..Keith's frothing rant about Hillary wanting Obama assasinated. Keith is a complete loon. Figures you listen to every word he utters..

Yes. I know that he is a radio and television show personality. His job is to keep the ratings up and carry people to commercials - and I find him to be entertaining (particularly when he doesn’t intend to be). Yet, lately he seems to be carrying hype and hyperbole to absurd levels. Perhaps he is just experiencing sour grapes after his “stop Obama express” fell off the tracks (thanks in large part to his practically constantly equating Obama with that preacher guy and that old 60’s radical). He finally removed the old “KKK of A” quote from his radio show introduction. (Shakes his head). He is acting like Chicken Little just because Obama met and shook hands with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. Their skins touched. Horrors!!! We are all doomed. He and Chavez are going to join forces and destroy America. (LOL). Am I the only one who sees Hannity as some unreasonable adolescent throwing a fear-mongering temper tantrum?

Oh yeah. Caught up in the moment, Obama accepted a book. Well, golly gee. What did you expect the civil Obama to do, throw it back in his face? Light up Sean, Sheesh.

Most all radio talk show personalities can go over the top. As far as Obama's meeting with Chavez & Ortega. Let's face it--Obama was kicked around like a rag doll with those two. Basically--what "experienced" foreign diplomats warned him about--he ignored & did it anyway. Believe me, you would not have seen Bill Clinton or Hillary in that room with those two guys & for a good reason. This is an example where Obama is extremely naive about foreign relations.

You mentioned the book hand-off. That was nothing more than a power play by Chavez. The old video tape is running & you can bet that is playing 24/7 in his country right now. It legitimizes his power grab over the country--of which he has now tried twice to eliminate term limits--so he can be permanent dictator.

Daniel Ortega--& his 50 minute rant--regarding outlandish comments about the United States--while the President of the United States just sits there--also is another form of legitimizing his dictator power over his country.

Therefore this meeting was extremely useful for these two dictators-. It legitimzed both of them in the eyes of the citizens of their countries. Something that the United States really didn't want to do.

Last edited:
Now Fidel is kicking around Obama and Hillary is calling for war with Pakistan, a nuclear power.

It often amazes me how closely the likes of Hannity and Fox pseudo news fit the 14 characteristics of fascism. Not all and not every one in detail but most. Amazing!

Fourteen Defining Characteristics Of Fascism By Dr. Lawrence Britt

Dr. Lawrence Britt has examined the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American regimes. Britt found 14 defining characteristics common to each:

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
4. Supremacy of the Military
5. Rampant Sexism
6. Controlled Mass Media
7. Obsession with National Security
8. Religion and Government are Intertwined
9. Corporate Power is Protected
10. Labor Power is Suppressed
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
14. Fraudulent Elections

Fourteen Defining Characteristics Of Fascism

Yes. I know that he is a radio and television show personality. His job is to keep the ratings up and carry people to commercials - and I find him to be entertaining (particularly when he doesn’t intend to be). Yet, lately he seems to be carrying hype and hyperbole to absurd levels. Perhaps he is just experiencing sour grapes after his “stop Obama express” fell off the tracks (thanks in large part to his practically constantly equating Obama with that preacher guy and that old 60’s radical). He finally removed the old “KKK of A” quote from his radio show introduction. (Shakes his head). He is acting like Chicken Little just because Obama met and shook hands with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. Their skins touched. Horrors!!! We are all doomed. He and Chavez are going to join forces and destroy America. (LOL). Am I the only one who sees Hannity as some unreasonable adolescent throwing a fear-mongering temper tantrum?

Oh yeah. Caught up in the moment, Obama accepted a book. Well, golly gee. What did you expect the civil Obama to do, throw it back in his face? Light up Sean, Sheesh.

i've never seen one show of Hannity's after which I felt better informed. I've seen him spin stuff too much to respect his views, and his 3 way conversations are generally shouting matches that leave one none the wiser and seem to lurch from one side to the other without ever addressing the points made in a reasonable and balanced manner. He's a waste of airtime, IMO.

Most all radio talk show personalities can go over the top. As far as Obama's meeting with Chavez & Ortega. Let's face it--Obama was kicked around like a rag doll with those two. Basically--what "experienced" foreign diplomats warned him about--he ignored & did it anyway. Believe me, you would not have seen Bill Clinton or Hillary in that room with those two guys & for a good reason. This is an example where Obama is extremely naive about foreign relations.

You mentioned the book hand-off. That was nothing more than a power play by Chavez. The old video tape is running & you can bet that is playing 24/7 in his country right now. It legitimizes his power grab over the country--of which he has now tried twice to eliminate term limits--so he can be permanent dictator.

Daniel Ortega--& his 50 minute rant--regarding outlandish comments about the United States--while the President of the United States just sits there--also is another form of legitimizing his dictator power over his country.

Therefore this meeting was extremely useful for these two dictators-. It legitimzed both of them in the eyes of the citizens of their countries. Something that the United States really didn't want to do.

Oh well. I guess that we agree to disagree. In my view, it was noting more that tact and diplomacy on the part of Obama. He was not kicked around. Do you have a link that shows diplomats warning him to not go? Were any serious and dangerous foreign policies actually drawn up as a result of this meeting? Unless you think that it would be bad to loosen old and ineffective restrictions on Cuba, the answer is “No.” All that it amounted to was talking and shaking hands. Oh no!!!!!!

Again, it is a big to do about nothing.

Yes..Keith's frothing rant about Hillary wanting Obama assasinated. Keith is a complete loon. Figures you listen to every word he utters..

Hillary’s remark about assassination was in bad taste and Keith was justified in mentioning it. It was not a frothing rant. He did not go on and on about it to the extent that Sean did concerning Obama visiting with dictators.

Not to mention that the book was anti-American and seeking to 'educate' our president to our imperialist evilness. :lol:

Not to mention that the book was anti-American and seeking to 'educate' our president to our imperialist evilness. :lol:

Nice filler. What did he actually say, “Here, Obama. Educate yourself?” No. He gave him a book. Big freaking deal. I remember the hype when Obama gave the queen of England with an iPod of all things. Horrors. :lol: You guys are unreal - making mountains out of mole hills - getting all worked up over the most insignificant of gaffs. :cuckoo: Remember when bush threw up at a Chinese dinner? Now that was funny.

Hillary’s remark about assassination was in bad taste and Keith was justified in mentioning it. It was not a frothing rant. He did not go on and on about it to the extent that Sean did concerning Obama visiting with dictators.

Wrong. Hillary made a comment about staying in the primary as long as no one was delcaired a winner, and used RFK as a reference to THAT point. She never implied she wanted Obama assasinated. But of course in true libby fashion the loons ie Olbermann (and others like him) all ran around like little chicken littles distorting the truth to fit their agenda. Olbermann is a joke and if you actually believe the crap he spews forth and then parrot it as "truth" then you have no credibility.

That came from Obama? No. Hmmm. One of Obama's new cabinet members, right? No!?!?!??? Golly. Some old preacher guy during one of his rants! Yes. I got it. Big freakin' deal!

Next yer gonna tell us obamalama sat there 20 years and never heard it :lol: and yer gonna tell us why meeechelle took 45 years to be proud of her country..

You are trying to mind-read and you are going off on a tangent. How predictable. No. He might have heard it. He might have not been paying attention to it. Whether he heard it and remembers it seems so insignificant to me.

ROFLMNAO...

No Kidding? No reasonable person would expect a LEFTIST to think it important that the President of the US claimed to REGULARLY sit in a church and listen to weekly anti-American tirades, where every doubt is granted to those who intend harm to America and NO DOUBT is reserved that America is WRONG.

That is the nature of the left... it is the ideology of the ANTI-AMERICAN... and such is the reason why Sean Hannity, a great American, unapologetically opposses such.

Forum List

Back