Has the IRS Simplified the Tax Code So the "Rich" Pay Their 'Fair Share' Yet? Nope? Big Surprise. What Else Would Retardocrats Run On Otherwise?

Taxes are about power.
Let me get this straight. You are bitching because the Democrats (whom you despise) have not changed the tax code, so the highest income earners pay more? Does that mean you want them to effect that change?

It isn't the rich who are going to be stuck paying through the nose this year, it's low-income, poor, and middle-class. The Democrats are trying to pass a new IRS rule that requires a 1099-k to be sent to you if you receive $600 or more in goods and services transactions during the 2022 tax year.

That means if you have a garage sale? You're gonna get taxed on it. Are you a vendor at a flea market? Taxed. Are you an old retired person selling off your things on Ebay so you can afford your medicine? Taxed.

I keep hearing different stories. At first the amount was $600, then it was $10,000. Nobody know for sure, but it's coming unless the Republicans can stop it.

Payment apps will now have to report transactions to IRS

New U.S. Tax Reporting Requirements: Your Questions Answered

Our current tax code is a complete mess. We in the US spend $500 billion on tax compliance every year. That is not what we pay in taxes. That is what we pay in figuring out the clusterfuck of a tax code.

I would much prefer to see the Fair Tax Act passed. Or at least a flat tax. Simplify it so that everyone pays their share.

But the richest can afford to rent a senator to avoid that.

Our current tax code is a complete mess. We in the US spend $500 billion on tax compliance every year. That is not what we pay in taxes. That is what we pay in figuring out the clusterfuck of a tax code.

I would much prefer to see the Fair Tax Act passed. Or at least a flat tax. Simplify it so that everyone pays their share.

But the richest can afford to rent a senator to avoid that.
Eliminate payroll taxation.....should be all consumption based....market will control the numbers. Tax revenues will triple .... There will no longer be any such thing as an illegal alien....anyone who buys a gallon of milk will be in the system.

It's a no brainer

JO

By volume, certainly.
I know what the poster wants.....he wants to be a rich guy too.....but there's problem. We assume that the wealthy are there for no reason.....that however is simply not true. The word Entropy comes to mind with this issue.

JO

Eliminate payroll taxation.....should be all consumption based....market will control the numbers. Tax revenues will triple .... There will no longer be any such thing as an illegal alien....anyone who buys a gallon of milk will be in the system.

It's a no brainer

JO

That is exactly what the Fair Tax is. Eliminate all other federal taxes (especially hidden taxes) and charge 23% sales tax on all new goods and services. Everybody pays. Those who save their money or who buy used items don't pay the consumption tax. And people who would normally not pay taxes, like those who work for cash or profit from criminal activities, will pay the same taxes everyone else does.

The rich can hire accountants who'll make sure the rich don't have to pay taxes.
Poor people don't need accountants because they don't pay taxes.

Anyone can hire an accountant. That isn't a privilege reserved for rich folks.

Rich people pay taxes. Stop saying they don't.

I’d be all for a flat income tax rate if the government would adopt a zero-tolerance policy for loopholes for the rich.

Forum List

Back