Has the Left Terminally Brainwashed Americans?

Many, many times more than the average citizen. The national infrastructure is a lifeline to commerce

No, business does not pay anywhere near 100%. Conservatives do not want them to pay at all

american corporations pay the highest tax rate in the entire world. Want more US jobs? cut the corporate tax rate to zero and allow foreign profits to be spent in this country tax free. We would see a boom like never before in our economy.

But, we understand, you libs would rather continue to punish success and reward failure and keep evil corporations moving jobs out of this country.
Actually, when it comes to actually paying, our corporations pay much less than the rest of the industrialized world

that is a bald faced lie.

Effective_Corporate_Tax_Rate_OECD_Countries,_2000-2005_Average.jpg

the US corporate tax rate is 35%, the highest in the world. I thought you libs did not like corporate income deductions and exemptions.

But my point remains valid. Cut the corporate tax rate to zero, allow foreign profits to be spent in this country tax free and you would see our economy boom like never before. There would be mor jobs than applicants and wages would go up due to supply and demand.

Economics is not really very complicated.

Of course it's not complicated if you just give it all to the rich and hope some of it fall off their table. That sucks for everybody else though.

YAWN

i GET SO TIRED OF THE LEFT'S IDIOTIC TALKING POINTS
if you, or hillary, or even Sanders; REALLY BELIEVE things are the same today as the period from 1940 to 1963; that our economy can support top tax rates in the 80-94% top bracket; THEN RUN ON IT!!

IN FACT WHY DIDNT YOU TRY TO PASS IT BEFORE????

those rates were used to FINANCE WWII

and that was before a lil ol country named

wait for it
waiti for it

wait............................

CHINA

i swear libs are bumper-sticker-mentality morons

Perhaps you missed part of the thread. Redfish said trickle down had been used and worked fine from 1776 until 1960. I was only showing him how wrong he was.

You proved nothing. You posted a chart that made my point.

I'm not sure you really had a point to start with, but China has nothing to do with our tax rates.

My point: this country was based on free enterprise and trickle down economics, and it worked very well until the libs screwed it up.

Yes, some people got very rich and some remained very poor. Thats life. The government does not exist to give everyone equal results.

Not enough room to show all the ways that is wrong.

translation = I have nothing to come back with when defeated by facts.

You might want to pay particular attention to the rates before 1960

Historic Highest Marginal Tax Rate 1913-2011 The Big Picture

Technical Look at Tax Rates (1913-Present)

click for larger chart

Sorry, dude. But that proves nothing. When the tax rates were high there were hundreds of deductions and exemptions that were in the tax code. No one ever paid the high rates.

No one pays the published rates now either. They did pay much more back then though.

actually they probably paid slightly less. but thats not the point.

Their effective rate was slightly lower than their published rate at that time, but still well above the pittance they pay now.

american corporations pay the highest tax rate in the entire world. Want more US jobs? cut the corporate tax rate to zero and allow foreign profits to be spent in this country tax free. We would see a boom like never before in our economy.

But, we understand, you libs would rather continue to punish success and reward failure and keep evil corporations moving jobs out of this country.
Actually, when it comes to actually paying, our corporations pay much less than the rest of the industrialized world

the US corporate tax rate is 35%, the highest in the world. I thought you libs did not like corporate income deductions and exemptions.

But my point remains valid. Cut the corporate tax rate to zero, allow foreign profits to be spent in this country tax free and you would see our economy boom like never before. There would be mor jobs than applicants and wages would go up due to supply and demand.

Of course it's not complicated if you just give it all to the rich and hope some of it fall off their table. That sucks for everybody else though.

Thats funny coming from a supporter of the very rich clintons, the dem party which includes the very rich Pelosi, Soros, Reid, Schumer, the Kennedys, Kerry, and the corrupt rich mayors of every major city.

The people you support are members of the 1% that you hate so much. You are either insane or totally brainwashed.

translation = I have nothing to come back with when defeated by facts.

click for larger chart

Sorry, dude. But that proves nothing. When the tax rates were high there were hundreds of deductions and exemptions that were in the tax code. No one ever paid the high rates.

No one pays the published rates now either. They did pay much more back then though.

Their effective rate was slightly lower than their published rate at that time, but still well above the pittance they pay now.

and why do corporations get breaks in the tax code? Which party was in power when most of those breaks were put in the tax code? any idea? which party has controlled congress for most of the last 75 years? thats right, fool, the dem party.

all the shit you hate was put into law by YOUR party.

Thats funny coming from a supporter of the very rich clintons, the dem party which includes the very rich Pelosi, Soros, Reid, Schumer, the Kennedys, Kerry, and the corrupt rich mayors of every major city.

The people you support are members of the 1% that you hate so much. You are either insane or totally brainwashed.

You think I have a problem with wanting them to pay more too? As long as the laws are as they are, everyone will take advantage of them. It's silly to think they would do differently. However, the ones you mentioned are fighting to change those laws even knowing that it will effect their own bottom line. The ones on the right don't want to change a thing. You really don't get that, do you?

click for larger chart

and why do corporations get breaks in the tax code? Which party was in power when most of those breaks were put in the tax code? any idea? which party has controlled congress for most of the last 75 years? thats right, fool, the dem party.

Actually, all that shit I hate was put into law by both parties, but my party was certainly involved. The point is that it needs changing now, and only one party is willing to do that. We can only look at the past and whine so long, and then it's time to do different. If we agree that those extra breaks were and are wrong, can't we agree that they need to be changed?

I think the left have terminally brainwashed themselves. They've spouted so much nonsensical shit for so long I think a lot of them actually believe it.

Marx41.jpg

By 2008 we had elected Barack Hussein Obama POTUS. We re-elected him in 2012. Has the liberal media, education system, and Democratic Party finally indoctrinated the public to the point that there is no return? Can America come back from the edge of the Marxist abyss? 47% of Americans now get a hand out from the central authority in Washington D.C. are we done when people adopt this type of mentality?

Nope. That is paraphrasing a quote from the bible. I guess that makes God a communist.........right?

It's from the Communist Manifesto, moron

The bible predates the communist manifesto. Read post #68
The Bible doesn't say that, moron.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Marx41.jpg

By 2008 we had elected Barack Hussein Obama POTUS. We re-elected him in 2012. Has the liberal media, education system, and Democratic Party finally indoctrinated the public to the point that there is no return? Can America come back from the edge of the Marxist abyss? 47% of Americans now get a hand out from the central authority in Washington D.C. are we done when people adopt this type of mentality?

Nope. That is paraphrasing a quote from the bible. I guess that makes God a communist.........right?

It's from the Communist Manifesto, moron

The bible predates the communist manifesto. Read post #68
The Bible doesn't say that, moron.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sure it does dumbass. Get an adult to read Acts to you and explain the parts you don't understand.

Marx41.jpg

No. they are ass hats being exposed for what they are. Trash
The US and the world is doomed anyway, just sound and fury.............
Morons.

Many, many times more than the average citizen. The national infrastructure is a lifeline to commerce

No, business does not pay anywhere near 100%. Conservatives do not want them to pay at all

The listed maximum rate and what corporations actually pay are worlds apart. 35% corporate rate with a 13% effective rate

Corporations pay a lower effective rate than I do

The listed maximum rate and what corporations actually pay are worlds apart. 35% corporate rate with a 13% effective rate

How do you calculate the effective rate for corporate taxes?

You think I have a problem with wanting them to pay more too? As long as the laws are as they are, everyone will take advantage of them. It's silly to think they would do differently. However, the ones you mentioned are fighting to change those laws even knowing that it will effect their own bottom line. The ones on the right don't want to change a thing. You really don't get that, do you?

OK, why specifically, do you want corporations to pay more taxes? You do realize that taxes are a cost of doing business and as such are passed along to consumers in the prices of products.

So, you want to pay more for everything you buy because it will somehow make you feel that you are sticking it to some rich guy? Thats foolish.

So, now tell us exactly why you want corps to pay more taxes and how that would benefit average americans.

Actually, all that shit I hate was put into law by both parties, but my party was certainly involved. The point is that it needs changing now, and only one party is willing to do that. We can only look at the past and whine so long, and then it's time to do different. If we agree that those extra breaks were and are wrong, can't we agree that they need to be changed?

totally wrong, every time the republicans try to change the tax code the dems block it. The dems need to keep their friends getting favorable treatment so the money keeps coming in. Jeff Imelt is the CEO of GE. GE paid zero federal income tax last year. Imelt is a buddy of obama.

Are you so fricken blind that you can't see what is really going on?

Then maybe you need to incorporate. Seriously, all you libs bitch about corporate taxes while it was the dem party that has controlled congress and put most of the corporate exemptions and deductions in place.

But, same question for you.

OK, why specifically, do you want corporations to pay more taxes? You do realize that taxes are a cost of doing business and as such are passed along to consumers in the prices of products.

So, you want to pay more for everything you buy because it will somehow make you feel that you are sticking it to some rich guy? Thats foolish.

So, now tell us exactly why you want corps to pay more taxes and how that would benefit average americans.

he doesn't know, his handlers just told him to say that.

he doesn't know, his handlers just told him to say that.
Should be an easy question. One would think he would not be defending this chart without knowing what it means.

Same as for anybody else. It's a matter of rate minus deductions compared to income. Public disclosures usually have that information.

Because corporations have been getting a free ride for too long. If they would pay their fair share, the burden wouldn't be so high on everybody else as a percentage of total ability to pay.

Forum List

Back