Has Trump's preparation & response to COVID-19 been the worse performance of US President ever?

What good would tracing do when you aren't cleaning your subway and are still packing em in up until what........ a week ago
the ridership on subways was cut 90% 2 months ago, the 10% that continue to ride it, are the essential workers, going back and forth to their jobs.... police, emts, firefighters, electric company workers, garbage pickup workers, public waterworks employees, doctors, nurses, med techs, lab techs, respiratory and physical therapists, hospital clerks, grocery clerks, grocery stockers, food delivery workers etc etc etc

they have no way to get to their essential jobs, without the subway....
So......you just calously killed scores of people for profit using lib logic

So, let's open it all up and throw scores more of people on the subway for profit?
no, we should declare all jobs non-essential.

Does your misery need the company?
Just spouting lib logic....I've been in it from the beginning......I'm a hero ya know

Doesn't appear to be anything liberal or logical from your posts.
Oh please....if all jobs are non-essential we can pay everyone a liveable wage...…....nobody reaaly needs to work and judging by the policing being exhibited we dont need them....as for garbage its a good time to force people to go greener ...…….reuse recycle blah blah blah.....

Oh, I see. You're drunk.

That we have the virus not his fault, making it political & throwing in a ton of mixed messages, that's his.
Do you hold the medical experts responsible in any way?

You mean these ones:

Sorry but Medical Experts gave ample warning ... that is why Trump's shifting of blame to China and WHO is a joke... Maybe they were late warning by a week or two but Trump took the guts of two months... He didn't take information from his own team, why would WHO or China make a difference...
No, obviously I mean the experts who have been wrong on just about every aspect of this virus.

Throwing out allegations at anyone there...

Sorry but I gave you examples of Experts warning Trump and he ignoring them...

Your reply is there are experts who have been wrong and gave no evidence and even if you do, so what ... Sorry but that is just stupid
GTS there is plenty of evidence for what I said. As for President Trump "ignoring" the advice of experts, their advice has been all over the map depending on what day it is and which way the wind is blowing. Besides that, what would you have him do, close every airport? Institute an immediate coast to coast lock down? Did he have the authority to do that? What would have made you happy?
From you. What would have made you happy?
To save this country from more disasters and total embarrassment to the world. Trump kid should resign ASAP....... He made himself like total worthless anyway.

That will make majority of Americans happy.

Could you please cite worse with evidence..

Presidents have made mistakes in the past, but
  • consider the lives lost
  • the removal and downscaling the global pandemic team
  • the multiple warnings given to the President (not the governors)
  • lack of equipment control:
    • Federal Stocks unmaintained, unreplenished...
    • Uncontrolled bidding war
    • No standards for Antibody test kits
  • His mixed messages around number topics(Testing, PPE, hydroxychloroquine, UV light, Disinfectant...)
  • No proper leverage on War Production Act
  • Lack of knowledge of hat is going on (the Testing call with the Governors)
  • Divisive behaviour:
    • Tell states you are own
    • Rants at Media (even when given softball questions)
    • Insults any international ally
    • Refuses to work with the work and refuses to engage with a global effort
  • The just stupid stuff : Better ratings than the Batchelor, holding rallies, accuses Health Worker of stealing PPE....
  • Sets a standard to open states and then ignores them
This is a shorten list...
But can some one cite a worse example of a President handling of a crisis?
Consider the lives lost (it has not finished).
The extra time US had.

Some notes on his performance:
US has 5% of the World Population and 27% of Deaths.
For those saying he stopped China Flights, the airlines had already pulled flights by the time he said that. So effectively did little...
US per Captia has been way behind in Testing (about half of Europe) (with more time and resources)
US accused of stealing PPE from France and Germany (Germany and France accuse US of taking face masks as international tensions rise over coronavirus)

Please don't bother with TDS chants... It is old and tired...
I am not attacking Trump personally , I am questioning his job performance
You are historically retarded. Woodrow Wilson D was president during the Spanish flu pandemic somewhere around 675000 US citizens died.
Lol none of those failures apply to Woodrow.
Really , but you can blame Trump for the coronavirus ?

• His mixed messages around number topics(Testing, PPE, hydroxychloroquine, UV light, Disinfectant...)
  • Divisive behaviour:
  • The just stupid stuff : Better ratings than the Batchelor, holding rallies, accuses Health Worker of stealing PPE....
The extra time US had.

For those saying he stopped China Flights, the airlines had already pulled flights by the time he said that. So effectively did little...
US per Captia has been way behind in Testing (about half of Europe) (with more time and resources)
US accused of stealing PPE from France and Germany (Germany and France accuse US of taking face masks as international tensions rise over coronavirus)

You are historically retarded. Woodrow Wilson D was president during the Spanish flu pandemic somewhere around 675000 US citizens died.
I don’t blame trump for the virus. I don’t even blame him for the virus coming here. I blame his complete ineptitude for how he has handled it.

• Divisive behaviour:
The extra time US had.

No, But the incompetent response can be...

I didn't blame him for the virus, but gave a short version of his mistakes in his performance.

I would say what if this was a Democratic President but do we remeber Trump's comments when Ebola...

What good would tracing do when you aren't cleaning your subway and are still packing em in up until what........ a week ago
the ridership on subways was cut 90% 2 months ago, the 10% that continue to ride it, are the essential workers, going back and forth to their jobs.... police, emts, firefighters, electric company workers, garbage pickup workers, public waterworks employees, doctors, nurses, med techs, lab techs, respiratory and physical therapists, hospital clerks, grocery clerks, grocery stockers, food delivery workers etc etc etc

So, let's open it all up and throw scores more of people on the subway for profit?

Who the hell suggested throwing NY - let alone their subway system - wide open?

no, we should declare all jobs non-essential.

Does your misery need the company?

If so, you leftists seem gleefully determined to provide it.

• Divisive behaviour:
The extra time US had.

No, But the incompetent response can be...

I didn't blame him for the virus, but gave a short version of his mistakes in his performance.

I would say what if this was a Democratic President but do we remeber Trump's comments when Ebola...

Do we remember that Obama's response to that was different from Trump's response to this, or do we just make a blanket assumption of, "Well, all Presidential behavior is the same, so all criticism should be too"?

Can I just clear up a few things:
1. I explained that Airlines had stopped travel before Trump announced a ban. Sorry but Trump's order had little or no effect. US got the virus mainly from Europe any way.

2. We are not blaming Trump for the Virus but how his administration prepared and then responded. Trump himself told many false statements(e.g. everyone can get a Test, PPE,...)

3. Trump was asked for evidence of a Chinese / WHO mass cover up (rather than screw up), none has come.

4. For those who blame China.... Trump was the one that removed CDC from the Ground. Trump ignored his intelligence reports, his advisors, WHO,..... By the way why is it China's issue to tell US anything, are China not allowed to have Make China Great Again Policy or China Fist policy... Sorry but Trump was the one pushing the isolation route first...

Finally
We have two worthwhile answers worth talking:
1. Iraq Invasion
2. Swine Flu

COVID-19

Lives looks like it will be >100k
Financial starting at $6 Trillion
This is still going on and Trump shouldn't get 100% of the blame. But his in action and lack of preparedness must result in 50% of this.

Both arguments are well worth discussion..

1. Iraq Invasion
Serious contender, it was a complete screw up, WH led a lot of people up the garden path. It was highly incompetent and reckless...
But you have to look at damage and lives lost. Invasion cost a lot of
  • Iraqi lives (Cira 500,000) with 4,500 US deaths.
  • Financial Cost of $1.1 trillion
2. Swine Flu
To be fair what mistakes did the President make with the knowledge he had available to him?
A lot of lessons like Social Distancing was learnt from this epidemic.
Sorry I can't see the evidence of incompetence here...

As I see it Iraq War could be shading it if you count the Iraqi death toll and the absolute incompetence/corruption of the Bush Administration, but COVID is not gone yet...

You really are a lying sack of shit. There was hardly any truth to anything you just posted, so why bother repeating the facts other than you are a pathetic TDS-infected living piece of human excrement.

Trump's campaign is going down the toilet.

speaking of things going down the toilet: THE ECONOMY!

To whom are you planning for him to lose the election? Quid pro Joe? He doesn't know where he is, which one is his wife and which one is his sister, can't complete a simple sentence. That Joe?

• Divisive behaviour:
The extra time US had.

That's an easy one, Lincoln, his lack of diplomatic skills caused the Civil War and killed a butt load more people.

Could you be more specific...

Historians believe that the Confederacy belief that they would be backed by Great Britain and France was there massive miscalculation.

It was "there" miscalculation.

Why should we ever listen to illiterates like you?

New York was just the example. Overall when states see increases in the number of cases then that's probably not the time to open up. At least not by the White House Guidelines. Then again they are just now wearing masks, fucking idiots they are.

Obamacare
Stagnant recovery
The cops acted stupidly
Riots across the nation
Cops being deliberately targeted for assassination
Etc...

None of the things above even with the most right wing view could equate with the loss of lives and the cost to the economy as the missteps Trump made and continuing to make.

The trump administration is now presiding over getting:
Unemployment at 4.7% and is now at 14+% and rising
Deficit at $652bn and is now going to over $2 trillion

And he said this would be all over in the first week in March despite having multiple warnings that it would not be.

US was attacked and still is and he failed to prepare the country. That was a dreadful performance.

What would you have done differently? Most of the dead are in nursing homes in NY and NJ.

Obamacare
Stagnant recovery
The cops acted stupidly
Riots across the nation
Etc...

None of the things above even with the most right wing view could equate with the loss of lives and the cost to the economy as the missteps Trump made and continuing to make.

And he said this would be all over in the first week in March despite having multiple warnings that it would not be.

US was attacked and still is and he failed to prepare the country. That was a dreadful performance.

What would you have done differently? Most of the dead are in nursing homes in NY and NJ.

Most of the dead are in neither of those states.

New York was just the example. Overall when states see increases in the number of cases then that's probably not the time to open up. At least not by the White House Guidelines. Then again they are just now wearing masks, fucking idiots they are.

New York was a shitty example, since it's pretty unique in being a fucked-up pesthole.

Also, you're doing that thing again, where you assert your personal opinion as fact and expect everyone else to just accept that as a debate parameter. The lockdowns were never intended to bring the new cases to zero, nor are they able to, nor are we able to keep them in effect until then even if they could. And I don't recall "zero new cases" ever being part of the White House guidelines.

Obamacare
Stagnant recovery
The cops acted stupidly
Riots across the nation
Etc...

Pretty obviously, the first thing NY and NJ should have done was get better leadership.

Obamacare
Stagnant recovery
The cops acted stupidly
Riots across the nation
Etc...

Yeah, those two states make up almost half of all coronavirus deaths in the US, but you should definitely hang your hat on the fact that the other 48 states combined have slightly more deaths total.

Obamacare
Stagnant recovery
The cops acted stupidly
Riots across the nation
Etc...

Yeah, those two states make up almost half of all coronavirus deaths in the US, but you should definitely hang your hat on the fact that the other 48 states combined have slightly more deaths total.

They make up about 44% which is less than 'most' and the dead from NY and NJ retirement homes even less so. Not that it matters as apparently their lives don't mean as much now.

Now, if you want to argue that somehow those two states blew it, I would disagree, NYC just happened to be one of the first and since NYC is an economic power house as compared to say Mississippi it has attracted a large population. If you want to ding them for that, fine.

What I would be concerned about is outside the New York City area the number of cases is increasing where as New York, Detroit and other early impacted places is going down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back