Has Trump's preparation & response to COVID-19 been the worse performance of US President ever?

What good would tracing do when you aren't cleaning your subway and are still packing em in up until what........ a week ago

I don’t just blame Trump for this, but obviously a lot of it has to do with him. The CDC, WHO, and FDC dropped the goddamn ball as well. It’s flat out embarrassing, but I’m guessing republicans still delude themselves into thinking the US is the best nation in the world in every way.

South Korea has been a model country in the COVID response for instance. The numbers speak for themselves. SK has 1/6 of the population of the US, yet when the total count of testing in the US was at 416, SK had tested 56,000 people! That contact trace organization saved that country a lot of grief. What is the end result for the US? The US is the epicenter of the virus representing 25% of all deaths nationwide. Even in terms of population size, that is abysmal.

My point is perhaps republicans should stop pretending other nations are inept when in reality we should be looking up to them. Our healthcare system is a joke and always will be unless real reform is made. Oh and when we don’t have a idiotic president during a health crisis.
The American people, at least today, are nothing special.
The American people are embarrassing.
We suffered the least damage from WW2. That's it.

I don’t just blame Trump for this, but obviously a lot of it has to do with him. The CDC, WHO, and FDC dropped the goddamn ball as well. It’s flat out embarrassing, but I’m guessing republicans still delude themselves into thinking the US is the best nation in the world in every way.

South Korea has been a model country in the COVID response for instance. The numbers speak for themselves. SK has 1/6 of the population of the US, yet when the total count of testing in the US was at 416, SK had tested 56,000 people! That contact trace organization saved that country a lot of grief. What is the end result for the US? The US is the epicenter of the virus representing 25% of all deaths nationwide. Even in terms of population size, that is abysmal.

My point is perhaps republicans should stop pretending other nations are inept when in reality we should be looking up to them. Our healthcare system is a joke and always will be unless real reform is made. Oh and when we don’t have a idiotic president during a health crisis.
The American people, at least today, are nothing special.
The American people are embarrassing.
We suffered the least damage from WW2. That's it.
Lol sounds about right.

What good would tracing do when you aren't cleaning your subway and are still packing em in up until what........ a week ago
Um obviously because it justifies isolation. This isn’t hard to figure out.
After the fact.…..then ya just pile more cattle into the virus machine.....great plan.....can I interest you in a nice room in Shady acres retirement home....you'll be well taken care of.

Could you please cite worse with evidence..

Presidents have made mistakes in the past, but
  • consider the lives lost
  • the removal and downscaling the global pandemic team
  • the multiple warnings given to the President (not the governors)
  • lack of equipment control:
    • Federal Stocks unmaintained, unreplenished...
    • Uncontrolled bidding war
    • No standards for Antibody test kits
  • His mixed messages around number topics(Testing, PPE, hydroxychloroquine, UV light, Disinfectant...)
  • No proper leverage on War Production Act
  • Lack of knowledge of hat is going on (the Testing call with the Governors)
  • Divisive behaviour:
    • Tell states you are own
    • Rants at Media (even when given softball questions)
    • Insults any international ally
    • Refuses to work with the work and refuses to engage with a global effort
  • The just stupid stuff : Better ratings than the Batchelor, holding rallies, accuses Health Worker of stealing PPE....
  • Sets a standard to open states and then ignores them
This is a shorten list...
But can some one cite a worse example of a President handling of a crisis?
Consider the lives lost (it has not finished).
The extra time US had.

Some notes on his performance:
US has 5% of the World Population and 27% of Deaths.
For those saying he stopped China Flights, the airlines had already pulled flights by the time he said that. So effectively did little...
US per Captia has been way behind in Testing (about half of Europe) (with more time and resources)
US accused of stealing PPE from France and Germany (Germany and France accuse US of taking face masks as international tensions rise over coronavirus)

Please don't bother with TDS chants... It is old and tired...
I am not attacking Trump personally , I am questioning his job performance
You are historically retarded. Woodrow Wilson D was president during the Spanish flu pandemic somewhere around 675000 US citizens died.

• His mixed messages around number topics(Testing, PPE, hydroxychloroquine, UV light, Disinfectant...)
  • Divisive behaviour:
  • The just stupid stuff : Better ratings than the Batchelor, holding rallies, accuses Health Worker of stealing PPE....
The extra time US had.

For those saying he stopped China Flights, the airlines had already pulled flights by the time he said that. So effectively did little...
US per Captia has been way behind in Testing (about half of Europe) (with more time and resources)
US accused of stealing PPE from France and Germany (Germany and France accuse US of taking face masks as international tensions rise over coronavirus)

You are historically retarded. Woodrow Wilson D was president during the Spanish flu pandemic somewhere around 675000 US citizens died.
Lol none of those failures apply to Woodrow.

• Divisive behaviour:
The extra time US had.

First, why don't you tell me if you can name more than five US Presidents without looking it up, let alone tell me anything about their terms in office. Because I'm seriously doubting you have any historical basis to be asking that question.

Why not just stay on topic and debate the points made by the OP.

Nice try, but questioning the basis on which he asks his question IS debating his points. Frankly, pointing out that asking a question shouldn't BE making a point, by definition, would also be relevant.

Well I got back to Coolidge and Harding before I mixed them up... So that was the last 14...

5 wouldn't bring you back to Reagan...

I got 7 the last sec of state (not counting acting) with out looking as well...

So what you're telling me is that you're babbling a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense.

Leftist logic:
Cuomo in charge of the worst affected city in the world is doing a great job.

Trump bad job.

the ridership on subways was cut 90% 2 months ago, the 10% that continue to ride it, are the essential workers, going back and forth to their jobs.... police, emts, firefighters, electric company workers, garbage pickup workers, public waterworks employees, doctors, nurses, med techs, lab techs, respiratory and physical therapists, hospital clerks, grocery clerks, grocery stockers, food delivery workers etc etc etc

they have no way to get to their essential jobs, without the subway....

the ridership on subways was cut 90% 2 months ago, the 10% that continue to ride it, are the essential workers, going back and forth to their jobs.... police, emts, firefighters, electric company workers, garbage pickup workers, public waterworks employees, doctors, nurses, med techs, lab techs, respiratory and physical therapists, hospital clerks, grocery clerks, grocery stockers, food delivery workers etc etc etc

So......you just calously killed scores of people for profit using lib logic

So, let's open it all up and throw scores more of people on the subway for profit?

So, let's open it all up and throw scores more of people on the subway for profit?
no, we should declare all jobs non-essential.

Does your misery need the company?

Just spouting lib logic....I've been in it from the beginning......I'm a hero ya know

Just spouting lib logic....I've been in it from the beginning......I'm a hero ya know

Doesn't appear to be anything liberal or logical from your posts.

for profit? or essential services, hospitals, groceries, garbage pick up, police, firefighters, emts etc.....

for profit? or essential services, hospitals, groceries, garbage pick up, police, firefighters, emts etc.....

Watch out, he's using "liberal logic" or something.

Doesn't appear to be anything liberal or logical from your posts.
Oh please....if all jobs are non-essential we can pay everyone a liveable wage...…....nobody reaaly needs to work and judging by the policing being exhibited we dont need them....as for garbage its a good time to force people to go greener ...…….reuse recycle blah blah blah.....

hospitals are sitting mty all over the country waiting for the wave of unclean that never appeared...…close em down to protect everyone.

Forum List

Back