Has Trump's preparation & response to COVID-19 been the worse performance of US President ever?

PETTY??
From Republican George Conway:
"For Trump supporters, let me make one thing VERY clear!
For the record NO ONE is blaming the President for the virus. Let me repeat. Coronavirus is not Trump’s fault.

George Conway is not a Republican.
Try again.

Could you please cite worse with evidence..

Presidents have made mistakes in the past, but
  • consider the lives lost
  • the removal and downscaling the global pandemic team
  • the multiple warnings given to the President (not the governors)
  • lack of equipment control:
    • Federal Stocks unmaintained, unreplenished...
    • Uncontrolled bidding war
    • No standards for Antibody test kits
  • His mixed messages around number topics(Testing, PPE, hydroxychloroquine, UV light, Disinfectant...)
  • No proper leverage on War Production Act
  • Lack of knowledge of hat is going on (the Testing call with the Governors)
  • Divisive behaviour:
    • Tell states you are own
    • Rants at Media (even when given softball questions)
    • Insults any international ally
    • Refuses to work with the work and refuses to engage with a global effort
  • The just stupid stuff : Better ratings than the Batchelor, holding rallies, accuses Health Worker of stealing PPE....
  • Sets a standard to open states and then ignores them
This is a shorten list...
But can some one cite a worse example of a President handling of a crisis?
Consider the lives lost (it has not finished).
The extra time US had.

Some notes on his performance:
US has 5% of the World Population and 27% of Deaths.
For those saying he stopped China Flights, the airlines had already pulled flights by the time he said that. So effectively did little...
US per Captia has been way behind in Testing (about half of Europe) (with more time and resources)
US accused of stealing PPE from France and Germany (Germany and France accuse US of taking face masks as international tensions rise over coronavirus)

Please don't bother with TDS chants... It is old and tired...
I am not attacking Trump personally , I am questioning his job performance
The Spanish Flu killed way more people, does anyone blame the US President for that?

What are you comparing the response to? Every nation on the planet is dealing with it, and none were able to prevent it.
Most third world countries aren’t even bothering with testing or keeping track of how many deaths. They know if they just lie about it, many people will believe the numbers (like you).

So tell us, how exactly is Europe doing? Are all their leaders just as “incompetent” as ours? We’ve yet to hear any detailed plan on how to stop it. Oh I know, we just need to elect Sleepy Joe. I’m sure he’ll have an epiphany after being elected and come up with a cure.

1918 : US had 5.5% of world pop and had 1.2% of the deaths
2020 : US have 5% of world pop and had 27% of the deaths

And that is body count rather than using excess death numbers...

I didn't compare him to European Leaders... Bu t Europe got it a lot quicker with much less warning... Trump got more time and had better warning, so that is why his failure is so much worse...
Georgia has a growth rate of 3% (worse than the UK) and Trump is supporting opening up...

German Plan

Irish Plan
Like I said, if you believe the international numbers from shithole countries then you’re a moron. Our numbers are inflated because hospitals get more money if they say it cause if death was COVID related.

Europe got it a lot quicker because President Trump restricted flights from China. Europe didn’t. Morons like Cuomo and DeBlasio failed New York, which has the worst of the US. If it wasn’t for the intentional fuck ups of Democrats, we’d have much lower numbers.

As for Georgia, want to take a guess where the vast majority of cases are? Atlanta. A city run by....a black woman. But let me guess, she isn’t responsible?

Excess deaths put the problem at 66% higher but you will ignore that... That is only the gold standard of measuring actual deaths. So despite what you are saying hospitals are under counting.

Italy banned flights before US and that is where it came from China to Italy... Italy and China have some very deep trading routes and that is why it came to Italy and got passed around the ski slopes of Europe and then they went home. Europe got it three weeks before US but showed to be better prepared in most cases (UK and Spain is exception)...

As for Georgia, this is all about growth rate and Georgia has it at 3%... Also thanks for saying if you don't care if Americans die as as long as they are in a Democratic area, the Republicans in that area must be sacrificed ...

Sorry bri republicans a dose of truth for you to digest
no one blames trump for the virus

For the record NO ONE is blaming the President for the virus. Let me repeat. Coronavirus is not Trump’s fault.
Here’s a detailed list of what we are blaming him for:

* Trump declined to use the World Health Organization’s test like other nations. Back in January, over a month before the first Co-vid19 case, the Chinese posted a new mysterious virus and within a week, Berlin virologists had produced the first diagnostic test. By the end of February, the WHO had shipped out tests to 60 countries. Oh, but not our government. We declined the test even as a temporary bridge until the CDC could create its own test. The question is why? We don’t know but what to look for is which pharmaceutical company eventually manufactures the test and who owns the stock. Keep tuned.

* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.

* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.

* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.

* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. Yes, he did.

* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that responds to public health threats.

* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.

* Trump didn’t appoint a doctor to oversee the US response to the pandemic. He appointed Mike Pence.

* Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word hoax at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.

* Trump pretended the virus had been contained.

* Trump left a cruise ship at sea for days, denying them proper hospital care, rather than increase his numbers in America.

Repeat. We do not blame Trump for the virus. We blame him for gutting the nation’s preparations to deal with it. We blame him for bungling testing and allowing it to spread uninhibited. We blame him for wasting taxpayer money on applause lines at his rallies (like The Wall). We blame him for putting his own political life over American human life. I hope this clears things up."
Sure they are, asshole.

Who do you think you're fooling?
Look you fn moron I hate the pos trump and his family I hate you and other trump morons here BUT I KNOW HE DIDN'T START THIS VIRUS
Nah, you believe he didn't start it. You just believe he's responsible for every person who has died and the economic disaster it caused.

You're a fucking douchebag.
I can only hope bri it causes great economic disaster for you I'm doing well A punk like you can starve and I would walk right on by you
There's that great liberal compassion we've all come to know.

I actually believe you.
The devil in the WH makes me do it

PETTY??

Try again.
MeBelle does that mean he's stupid and his words have no meaning to you?? He lays it our pretty good how deficient this moron in our WH is Maybe he'll turn the rest of Gov't over to his son in law whose only qualification is a ring on his finger

* Trump declined to use the World Health Organization’s test like other nations. Back in January, over a month before the first Co-vid19 case, the Chinese posted a new mysterious virus and within a week, Berlin virologists had produced the first diagnostic test. By the end of February, the WHO had shipped out tests to 60 countries. Oh, but not our government. We declined the test even as a temporary bridge until the CDC could create its own test. The question is why? We don’t know but what to look for is which pharmaceutical company eventually manufactures the test and who owns the stock. Keep tuned.

* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.

* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.

* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.

* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. Yes, he did.

* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that responds to public health threats.

* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.

* Trump didn’t appoint a doctor to oversee the US response to the pandemic. He appointed Mike Pence.

* Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word hoax at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.

* Trump left a cruise ship at sea for days, denying them proper hospital care, rather than increase his numbers in America.

Repeat. We do not blame Trump for the virus. We blame him for gutting the nation’s preparations to deal with it. We blame him for bungling testing and allowing it to spread uninhibited. We blame him for wasting taxpayer money on applause lines at his rallies (like The Wall). We blame him for putting his own political life over American human life. I hope this clears things up."
Sure they are, asshole.

Look you fn moron I hate the pos trump and his family I hate you and other trump morons here BUT I KNOW HE DIDN'T START THIS VIRUS
Nah, you believe he didn't start it. You just believe he's responsible for every person who has died and the economic disaster it caused.

I can only hope bri it causes great economic disaster for you I'm doing well A punk like you can starve and I would walk right on by you

I actually believe you.
The mentality of a child.

Sure they are, asshole.

I actually believe you.
I don't get you bri Trump is a lying cheat who will do anyone he comes in contact with He's made a mockery of our gov't and still people like you support him Do you hate Democrats that much?

Sure they are, asshole.

I actually believe you.
I don't get you bri Trump is a lying cheat who will do anyone he comes in contact with He's made a mockery of our gov't and still people like you support him Do you hate Democrats that much?

Government makes a mockery of itself. All Trump does is bring it to light.

Why do you worship government? All it does is screw up and corrupt everything it touches.

And, yes, I do hate Democrats, with a purple passion.

Trump's performance hasn't been the worse but Jimmy Carter's handling of the Iranian hostage crisis is looking better and better every day now.

2¢,

The question is name a worse one, I know I am being pushy...

Iranian hostage crisis maybe bad... But the numbers are relatively tiny in comparison to COVID.

And in fairness, Carter wasn't the hostage taker but he is responsible for the response.... The question is what actual mistakes did Carter make?

Compare that to the mistakes Trump has made on COVID....

Not trying to confrontational but putting it up there and lets see what we got...

At the moment
Iraq War II is the closest...

I am going to propose a possible worse one:
The Cold War, U.S. government went from a constitutional, limited-government republic to a national-security state. Nothing has done more to warp and distort the conscience, principles, and values of the American people, including those who serve in the U.S. military.

The Cold War could have been avoided mainly. Stalin was evil and all but US beat USSR mainly by Levis and Mc Donalds rather than being able to blow up the world ten times over...

PETTY??

Try again.
MeBelle does that mean he's stupid and his words have no meaning to you?? He lays it our pretty good how deficient this moron in our WH is Maybe he'll turn the rest of Gov't over to his son in law whose only qualification is a ring on his finger

No dear.

George Conway is the hubby of Kellyanne Conway (sp?)

So, compare what George has to say about Trump vs what Kellyanne says about Trump.

Kellyanne speaks from experience with Trump.
George bloviates his opinions on Trump.

The question is name a worse one, I know I am being pushy...

I'd cut both Carter and Trump some slack over preparation and response as what they're operating against was thrust upon them.

The situations on the top of the heap I see are the ones initiated by the president himself: LBJ turning Vietnam into a military operation, Nixon's military aid to Israel and triggering the OPEC oil embargo, Reagan sending US forces to Lebanon, Clinton's attack on the Branch Davidians compound in Waco, GW Bush's invasion of Iraq. Of these I'd put the actions of the two Texans (LBJ and GW Bush) as the most overwhelming disasters, outdistancing all others by miles. I'd say one could toss a coin to determine the worse of the two.

• His mixed messages around number topics(Testing, PPE, hydroxychloroquine, UV light, Disinfectant...)
  • Divisive behaviour:
  • The just stupid stuff : Better ratings than the Batchelor, holding rallies, accuses Health Worker of stealing PPE....
The extra time US had.

For those saying he stopped China Flights, the airlines had already pulled flights by the time he said that. So effectively did little...
US per Captia has been way behind in Testing (about half of Europe) (with more time and resources)
US accused of stealing PPE from France and Germany (Germany and France accuse US of taking face masks as international tensions rise over coronavirus)

A couple of additions to add to your excellent list.

Sure they are, asshole.

I actually believe you.

I wouldn't pass you by. I'd give you all the refined sugar your fat ass craves and may even pay your medical bills when you lose your foot.

Don't expect compassion if you aren't willing to give it yourself.

• Divisive behaviour:
The extra time US had.

First, why don't you tell me if you can name more than five US Presidents without looking it up, let alone tell me anything about their terms in office. Because I'm seriously doubting you have any historical basis to be asking that question.

• Divisive behaviour:
The extra time US had.

First, why don't you tell me if you can name more than five US Presidents without looking it up, let alone tell me anything about their terms in office. Because I'm seriously doubting you have any historical basis to be asking that question.

Why not just stay on topic and debate the points made by the OP.

Forum List

Back