🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Has wokeness killed comedy?

The only targets for jokes for the last 20 years have been republican politicians and white southern males and it's getting stale.
An easy target for traditional rubes. Thank God we have stand up comedians from yankeeland acting like Southern bumpkins.

images

Before all this political wokeness infected comedy.
When a comedian told a joke, and the audience found it funny, they would laugh out loud.
But today, the audiences will applaud if the joke meets their politically correct leftist standards, and audible laughter is almost frowned upon.

Before all this political wokeness infected comedy.
When a comedian told a joke, and the audience found it funny, they would laugh out loud.
But today, the audiences will applaud if the joke meets their politically correct leftist standards, and audible laughter is almost frowned upon.
d9b391118d5066e6bcda46acc45d54e1_w200.gif

As usual most people are missing the point.

An example.......
Bill Burr was railed against... one media talking head after another went bananas after his appearance at the 2021 Grammy Awards.
For some ungodly known reason, the producers saw fit to have Burr present the award for "Best Regional Mexican Music Award".
He didn't know what award he was going to present until he got there. He was understandably surprised. So he went on stage and say the winners name "Natalia Lafourcad" - he was not told how to pronounce that name. (Widely believed this was a set up) So he said "I can’t say this name. And the Grammy goes to Natalia Lafourcade. I will accept on behalf of her. If I butchered her name, I’m sorry. Natalia, you won". (weak laughter from audience). Aggravated no one told him how to say the name he then presented the only other award for him to present the "Best Tropical Latin Award"... he said "I don't know why I was asked to do this, The feminists are going nuts, ‘Why is this cis-white male doing all this Latino stuff.'”

And everyone lost their shit.

As usual most people are missing the point.

An example.......
Bill Burr was railed against... one media talking head after another went bananas after his appearance at the 2021 Grammy Awards.
For some ungodly known reason, the producers saw fit to have Burr present the award for "Best Regional Mexican Music Award".
He didn't know what award he was going to present until he got there. He was understandably surprised. So he went on stage and say the winners name "Natalia Lafourcad" - he was not told how to pronounce that name. (Widely believed this was a set up) So he said "I can’t say this name. And the Grammy goes to Natalia Lafourcade. I will accept on behalf of her. If I butchered her name, I’m sorry. Natalia, you won". (weak laughter from audience). Aggravated no one told him how to say the name he then presented the only other award for him to present the "Best Tropical Latin Award"... he said "I don't know why I was asked to do this, The feminists are going nuts, ‘Why is this cis-white male doing all this Latino stuff.'”

And everyone lost their shit.
On the flip side Lenny Bruce will remind you, comedians used to be imprisoned here.

Late night TV is particularly dead with their political correctness and continued Trump TDS, but when was even the last good movie that came out that was a comedy?
Yes

/thread

Forum List

Back