Hats off to the gamers!

No gamer here. This board is about as far as I get into computer games. But the effort by the gamers is appreciated. The people that are still suffering from the effects of the near depression still need help. Glad to see the gamers step up to the plate so admirably.

And lastly, you know you're a hardcore gamer when you play Star Trek as a video game. I have a geek card, and a man card lying around here somewhere.

Ahem...I'm one of the ORIGINAL gamer geeks. Forget online gaming, I go old school.

Mine, Trampier cover...
images

Original Sutherland cover...don't have it. :(
MMcover.gif

Mine, Easley cover...
RPG_ad&dmonstermnl.jpg

Efreet cover, by Sutherland...
dungeon-masters-guide.jpg

The more-common (later) version I have, Easley cover...
dmg1sted.jpg

Now, let's see if anyone else gets this one: I survived the Tomb of Horrors.

LOL...I played D&D one time. My geek level just doesn't go that high.:lol:

Jar,

What the hell did you do?? Rob my house?

I have all those..

BTW, BD, My Worgen Beastmaster, GS 546, would like to have a word with your BE.

Nope...had them since high school. :D

I also have an Unearthed Arcana, a Legends & Lore, and a Deities & Demigods...first printing. :) (My friend has a PH, DMG, UA, and a Tomb of Horrors signed by Gary Gygax.)

I started playing D&D in 1974, when I was a Freshman in High School. I stopped playin the "Real Life" version in 1987 when the last of my group PCS'd

That is when I started playing Electronic Arts Computer versions.

I started playing Warcraft back when you had to call another person's computer directly to play against other people and you could make up your own maps to play on.

And lastly, you know you're a hardcore gamer when you play Star Trek as a video game. I have a geek card, and a man card lying around here somewhere.

Ahem...I'm one of the ORIGINAL gamer geeks. Forget online gaming, I go old school.

Mine, Trampier cover...
images

Original Sutherland cover...don't have it. :(
MMcover.gif

Mine, Easley cover...
RPG_ad&dmonstermnl.jpg

Efreet cover, by Sutherland...
dungeon-masters-guide.jpg

The more-common (later) version I have, Easley cover...
dmg1sted.jpg

Now, let's see if anyone else gets this one: I survived the Tomb of Horrors.

LOL...I played D&D one time. My geek level just doesn't go that high.:lol:

My nephew's does. First D&D, then console games, then game night, Magic - and he still is into all of them.

It is his fault I'm a gamer - but it's my fault he started reading fantasy, with Lord Foul's Bane.

I was playing video games before most of you were even born. I fed thousands of quarters into the machines at Wizard World in the early 80's. Solar Fox, pacman, donkey kong...etc etc when they were first released. I still play Skyrim and first person shooters with my sons.:eusa_hand:

I don't think most of us are including arcade gaming.

It'd probably be more logical to ask how old people were when they started gaming. That's a more level playing field.

Jar,

I have all those..

I always play DPS. Class doesn't matter. Shaman, paladin, monk, Druid, priest; all DPS.

And all my hunters are beastmasters.

Well that's just terrible!

You need to have at least one tank and healer. How are you still playing? Variety! :lol:

I mixed it up in WoW and Everquest. I'll admit, I preferred dps in a lot of ways, it's just easier and much less responsibility. :eusa_shhh:

I was playing video games before most of you were even born. I fed thousands of quarters into the machines at Wizard World in the early 80's. Solar Fox, pacman, donkey kong...etc etc when they were first released. I still play Skyrim and first person shooters with my sons.:eusa_hand:

Did you take an arrow to the knee?

I been gaming since Pong and still do with my son online, BF3, MOH, All the Novalogic Delta Forces.

I love games, but not into the "kill the enemy" type of games.....I remember playing a game on our son's Atari (on the TV) - and my husband and I thought we were doing so great until he came in and asked us if we had gotten to the "dragon" yet - we looked at each other and said "what dragon" - ha,ha, he was on like the 5th or 6th dragon of that game and we didn't even know there was a dragon.

I just like games that stimulate my mind, like Freecell Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, and I used to play al the Yeti Sport games on another forum....had quite a collection of trophy's....must say.

My son is still into all those "kill 'em up" games, Grand Theft Auto and others....too much like work.

Playing Candy Crush is not being a gamer....idiot.

Say what now? I am a die hard MMORPG addict. I play Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, Diablo II, Rappelz, Halo, Halo 2, World of Tanks, Aika, Aion, Star Trek Online, the Mechwarrior series.. the list goes on and on. I've played and beaten almost the entire Metroid series, dabbled in the Gradius games, (Galaxies, Gaiden) and I still own a Game Boy advance, and a Playstation 2, as well as an original Nintendo console. I was playing Vectorman and Gunstar Heroes on my Sega Genesis during summer break from school. Gaming for me was a way of life, it kept me off the streets from doing undesirable things. I am a gamer. Games don't make me violent, lag does. I am a geek forever.

1145879-geek.jpg

Candy Crush?

Please. Give John McCain his phone back and we'll pretend this conversation never took place.
do you even know what a girl feels like?

Jar,

I have all those..

I always play DPS. Class doesn't matter. Shaman, paladin, monk, Druid, priest; all DPS.

And all my hunters are beastmasters.

Well that's just terrible!

You need to have at least one tank and healer. How are you still playing? Variety! :lol:

I mixed it up in WoW and Everquest. I'll admit, I preferred dps in a lot of ways, it's just easier and much less responsibility. :eusa_shhh:

Exactly. I love DPS. I don't want the responsibility. And here's a strange one for you: I have gotten claustrophobia in dungeons. Sooo if I need to leave, no big. There'll be another DPS to replace me in a heartbeat.

Forum List

Back