Have blacks ever apologized for all the slaves they owned.?

Some people on this forum really believe most of the slave owners in the US were black.

Well....they pretend to believe it, anyway.

I doubt many people really believe that, because as faulted as the US education may be, I think it is good enough to give most people a working knowledge of slavery.

To all the whiny, hate-America blacks in this country - Why not go back to Africa?
:eusa_whistle:

Because they were not born in Africa. Their parents were not born in Africa, and their grandparents were not born in Africa.

Why don't you to back to Germany/Norway/Ireland or wherever your forefathers came from?

This is probably a good time for you to accept that black people are AMERICANS.

To all the whiny, hate-America blacks in this country - Why not go back to Africa?

Why? Because just like there is no one alive today who owned a slave or were enslaved, there are probably no blacks living here who arrived as slaves, so why would someone "go back" to a place that they are not from?

It's time whites stopped apologizing for something this generation never did.

It's also time that blacks start appreciating the country they live in and take responsibility for their place in this world.

Generally speaking, many within the black population HAVE appreciated this country. I know quite a few military veterans who fought in the Korean War, Vietnam, and even knew a few WW2 vets who proudly served,came home, and then could not even get "served" a sandwich in a local restaurant in their hometown.

Also I have known quite a few black citizens who grew up through the 40's, 50's and 60's, (as i did) when it was the norm to be viewed as inferior, but still never stopped "appreciating" the country.

Through it all, none of them ever stopped "appreciating" this country, although it had laws in effect that did not appreciate them.

Even today, contrary to what is posted by the misinformed lunatic fringe in these types of forums, your average black "man on the street" wastes no time "waiting for an apology from whites" for what happened years ago.

Believe it or not, the majority( the ones that I know, which is very likely to be far more than the average white poster in this forum) live in the here and now, and have homes, families, and responsibilities that come first, and don't give whites in general a second thought.

I don't doubt what you've said at all. I shouldn't have painted the entire black population with such a broad brush when my comment pertained to a portion of the community. Thank you for your comment.

It's time whites stopped apologizing for something this generation never did.

It's also time that blacks start appreciating the country they live in and take responsibility for their place in this world.

Generally speaking, many within the black population HAVE appreciated this country. I know quite a few military veterans who fought in the Korean War, Vietnam, and even knew a few WW2 vets who proudly served,came home, and then could not even get "served" a sandwich in a local restaurant in their hometown.

Also I have known quite a few black citizens who grew up through the 40's, 50's and 60's, (as i did) when it was the norm to be viewed as inferior, but still never stopped "appreciating" the country.

Through it all, none of them ever stopped "appreciating" this country, although it had laws in effect that did not appreciate them.

Even today, contrary to what is posted by the misinformed lunatic fringe in these types of forums, your average black "man on the street" wastes no time "waiting for an apology from whites" for what happened years ago.

Believe it or not, the majority( the ones that I know, which is very likely to be far more than the average white poster in this forum) live in the here and now, and have homes, families, and responsibilities that come first, and don't give whites in general a second thought.

I don't doubt what you've said at all. I shouldn't have painted the entire black population with such a broad brush when my comment pertained to a portion of the community. Thank you for your comment.

No apology necessary, i was not offended, i was just giving a different perspective as i see it and have lived it. Thanks for acknowledging my comment.

Because then they wouldn't have white people taking care of them. No more EBT and free housing courtesy of white people. Most of black africa has a per capita GDP under $1000. With all the welfare in america, blacks here can "make" $30,000 for doing nothing.

I think that the question the OP's author should be posing is: should Blacks in Africa apologize for their documented role in the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade. Europeans didn't penetrate West Africa's dense bush and rainforest themselves. They traded guns and other commodities for humans with ambitious tribal leaders, whose men would capture and hold their human stock until the next trading party sailed from Europe.

Something else a lot of people overlook, too. Many of the slave ships belonged to wealthy Jews in London and Amsterdam. Surely on account of that we can expect Jews to be forthcoming with their apologies. I mean, after all, the whole slavery guilt trip is invoked by ancestral association alone.

I'll be more than happy to give any living slave in America reparations as long as all of those who weren't slaves yet somehow feel they deserve something for nothing stfu.

Prior to the War Against States Rights of 1861-65 there were lots of free blacks in america who owned slaves. They never apologized. Only white people are stupid enough to apologize.

You've never apologized for being a racist. And you're still alive. Why should they apologize for dead people?

I think that the question the OP's author should be posing is: should Blacks in Africa apologize for their documented role in the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade. Europeans didn't penetrate West Africa's dense bush and rainforest themselves. They traded guns and other commodities for humans with ambitious tribal leaders, whose men would capture and hold their human stock until the next trading party sailed from Europe.

Something else a lot of people overlook, too. Many of the slave ships belonged to wealthy Jews in London and Amsterdam. Surely on account of that we can expect Jews to be forthcoming with their apologies. I mean, after all, the whole slavery guilt trip is invoked by ancestral association alone.

Your first statement is entirely true.

Your second is marginal at best - Britain's trading was funded by investors in London, Manchester and Bristol (the cotton trade virtually built the latter two cities), some of whom happened to be Jewish. Most were not - they were the English aristocracy.

I believe England has formally apologised for slave trading, but countries like Sweden and Denmark notably have not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back