Have blacks ever apologized for all the slaves they owned.?

No one else out of all races has done so. :confused: Britain abolished it but some parts of Africa still seem to practice it. Figures.

Um...yes they have.

Blair: Britain's 'sorrow' for shame of slave trade

Tony Blair is to make a historic statement condemning Britain's role in the transatlantic slave trade as a 'crime against humanity' and expressing 'deep sorrow' that it ever happened.

The Prime Minister plans to go further than any previous leader in seeking to distance himself from the actions of the British Empire, nearly 200 years after the 1807 legislation that led to slavery's abolition. However, he will stop short of making an explicit apology despite years of pressure from some black campaigners and community leaders.

Blair: Britain's 'sorrow' for shame of slave trade | Politics | The Observer

Prior to the War Against States Rights of 1861-65 there were lots of free blacks in america who owned slaves. They never apologized. Only white people are stupid enough to apologize.

Why would they apologize for white man's law?

So you think slavery was a white man thing? Goddamn you people need some history. lol

I would hardly call it slavery when free blacks bought their families and friends from whites to free them from slavery.

No one else out of all races has done so. :confused: Britain abolished it but some parts of Africa still seem to practice it. Figures.

Um...yes they have.

Tony Blair is to make a historic statement condemning Britain's role in the transatlantic slave trade as a 'crime against humanity' and expressing 'deep sorrow' that it ever happened.

The Prime Minister plans to go further than any previous leader in seeking to distance himself from the actions of the British Empire, nearly 200 years after the 1807 legislation that led to slavery's abolition. However, he will stop short of making an explicit apology despite years of pressure from some black campaigners and community leaders.

It's very easy to categorize an entire peoples for all the historical sins of their ancestors, especially when you come from a backwater like Finland. After all, no one knows squat about your ancestors who would have lived in trees if you had had any.

Bit harsh, I know. I've never had anything against Finns. Actually, I laid the first Finn I had ever met back in 1977.

I hope you understand my point without me bringing up the history of Russian immigration into your country?

I apologize for all the white slaves my family bought.Although we never hung any of them or separated them from their families.

Hundreds of thousands of whites died to remove slavery from society=we're the ones that need to apologize. You can't make this shit up!

Well...do you think Germany should have apologised for the Holocaust?

I don't think the federal government should apologize for slavery for a number of reasons. The best came from Pierre Trudeau who said that governments can only right the injustices of our time.

Speeders -

There are 51 countries in Africa. Some are massive, some are tiny.

There are some relatively wealthy larger economies, and some very poor larger economies. There are many relatively wealthy smaller economies, and some very poor smaller economies.

Kenya has 43 million people and a GDP per capita around $2,000.

Tanzania has 45 million people and GDP per capita around $1,600.

Nigeria, which you cite as a negative example,has 170 million people and a GDP per capita of $2,700.

These might seem like very small amounts of money, but in rural, low-cost societies an income of $3,000 may not mean poverty at all.

What is important is that a good dozen countries in Africa are doing very, very well - growing rapidly and establising solid democratic credentials.

Imagine if they actually had control of their oil and mineral wealth
Actually, today they do. Their problem is they don't have the ability to exploit it without westerners or Asians.

Their cost of living is not high as the US,the cost of a mercedes benz is only a $100.00.While in the US you can go broke trying to buy one.You see their banks aren't trying to break their clientele.

Hundreds of thousands of whites died to remove slavery from society=we're the ones that need to apologize. You can't make this shit up! Seriously, no one else was planning towards pushing a industrial revolution that would completely end the need(on earth) for such labor and turn around to fight for equal rights for all human beings for the next two centuries. Yet we're the ones that have to apologize? I don't hear the arabs, Asians let alone the blacks that enslaved large sections of their race apologizing for shit.

Truth be they see dollar signs and the chance to fuck over someone. This is all this is about. It's sick.

Almost every other country on earth managed to abolish slavery without a Civil War

Do you know what an apology is for?

whitey might have abolished slavery but that didn't stop those bastards from lynching Black folks.It seems that those cowards only attacked unarmed Blacks.

whitey might have abolished slavery but that didn't stop those bastards from lynching Black folks.It seems that those cowards only attacked unarmed Blacks.

HAHAHA. What a stupid thing to say. The number of lynchings in the whole 19th century is LESS THAN the number of whites who will be killed by blacks in 2013.

No. They have not apologized for all the crimes they commit either.

Apologies are all well and good, but no President will ever do more for black people in America than Lincoln did and no human being will probably ever do more for the people of Africa than President Bush did.

Um...yes they have.

You should apologize for the things you have done. If the president of country apologizes for something I haven't done, even if my father were the Imperial Wizard of the KKK, he could kiss my ass.

<excuse the hyperbole and profanities, I am trying to make a point!>

Prior to the War Against States Rights of 1861-65 there were lots of free blacks in america who owned slaves. They never apologized. Only white people are stupid enough to apologize.

You've never apologized for being a racist. And you're still alive. Why should they apologize for dead people?

let us know when the naacp, potus and flotus has apologized for being racist

Last edited:

Forum List

Back