Have blacks ever apologized for all the slaves they owned.?

Most of black africa has a per capita GDP under $1000.

Not Really:

Gabon $14,500

Libya $14,000

Botswana $14,000

Angola $8,200

Namibia $6,900

Egypt $6,200

Ghana $3,300

List of African countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The standard of living is really rising sharply in much of Africa - even cities like Accra have multiplex cinemas, rush-hour traffic jams, sprawling new suburbs of middle class families and fashion stores galore.
Someone as worldly as you keep telling us you are must surely realize that Libya and Egypt are not "black" Africa. Those actual black African countries you did mention have tiny populations and the quality of life in sub-Saharan Africa is rivaled only by Afghanistan. Shit holes are shit holes any way you spin it. Gee, we've got two of the most pompous asses on this site (Saigon and Esmeralda) I have to explain these things!

Those actual black African countries you did mention have tiny populations

Not really. Namibia and Botswana are quite small, but:

Ghana: population 24.2 million

Angola: population 18.5 million

are considerable.

There are plenty more African countries with largish populations and reasonable levels of income...Senegal, Kenya, Rwanda....all more than double what Speeders claimed.

Shit holes are shit holes any way you spin it.

And when you have been to some of them, you'll be in a better description to tell us what they are like.

Those actual black African countries you did mention have tiny populations

Not really. Namibia and Botswana are quite small, but:

Ghana: population 24.2 million

Angola: population 18.5 million

are considerable.

There are plenty more African countries with largish populations and reasonable levels of income...Senegal, Kenya, Rwanda....all more than double what Speeders claimed.

Shit holes are shit holes any way you spin it.

And when you have been to some of them, you'll be in a better description to tell us what they are like.
Oh, but I have. I just not presumptuous enough to think I am the only one, nor to I argue that I've been there and done that like the presumptuous pricks I know on these boards.

Meathead -

Good for you!

Which countries in so-called Black Africa have you been to? Maybe we can discuss one or two of them in more detail?

btw. I think it is a fair assumption that most people on this board have not been to Botswana or Namibia. Just yesterday a poster assumed that I hadn't been to Rwanda and I wasn't offended at all - it's a natural assumption to make. To me it's like discussing something on a music thread and guessing the other person probably isn't a concert Cellist. If you are offended by the assumption I apologise for it, but I think you may also be being a little sensitive.

Last edited:
Blacks need not apologize for shit.
Not their stupidity, their crimes, their hate, their militancy.... not shit.

They are, however, owed apology and recompense. For what?

Anything they feel owed them. Which is... everything.

This is not their fault. In this country, what ever the populer minority is at the time is told that they are where they are because "some one" put them there. At one point slaves were not unpc. They just were. It wasn't just rich southern white folk who owned them, which is what is taught in schools. Nope, just about all the tribes of the American Indians collected and kept slaves. Muslims have don it for ever, and all through the history of Europe , slaves were just more loot to be had. Sure, its gross, but no race need apologize for it. Its just stupid.

EarlyC -

You are certainly right historically, but at the same time - European countries were going to Africa to "civilise" it and to save souls. They were operating in the name of God.

And we know that many Christians in countries like England bitterly opposed slavery - so it is not as if no one had ever thought of the idea that slavery was an ethical problem.

When you think Portugal shipped 4.65 million people across the Atlantic - I'd have thought they would be getting off lightly if they weren't asked to pay billions in compensation myself.

Most of black africa has a per capita GDP under $1000.

Not Really:

Gabon $14,500

Libya $14,000

Botswana $14,000

Angola $8,200

Namibia $6,900

Egypt $6,200

Ghana $3,300

The standard of living is really rising sharply in much of Africa - even cities like Accra have multiplex cinemas, rush-hour traffic jams, sprawling new suburbs of middle class families and fashion stores galore.

You cherry-picked those little countries. Tell uis about the big countries like congo and nigeria and zimbabwe. They're numbers are pathetic. As for the cinemas and fashion stores, those are all built by outsiders. Blacks can't even operate a yardstick let alone design a skyscraper..

Speeders -

There are 51 countries in Africa. Some are massive, some are tiny.

There are some relatively wealthy larger economies, and some very poor larger economies. There are many relatively wealthy smaller economies, and some very poor smaller economies.

Kenya has 43 million people and a GDP per capita around $2,000.

Tanzania has 45 million people and GDP per capita around $1,600.

Nigeria, which you cite as a negative example,has 170 million people and a GDP per capita of $2,700.

These might seem like very small amounts of money, but in rural, low-cost societies an income of $3,000 may not mean poverty at all.

What is important is that a good dozen countries in Africa are doing very, very well - growing rapidly and establising solid democratic credentials.

Speeders -

There are some relatively wealthy larger economies, and some very poor larger economies. There are many relatively wealthy smaller economies, and some very poor smaller economies.

Nigeria, which you cite as a negative example,has 170 million people and a GDP per capita of $2,700.

These might seem like very small amounts of money, but in rural, low-cost societies an income of $3,000 may not mean poverty at all.

What is important is that a good dozen countries in Africa are doing very, very well - growing rapidly and establising solid democratic credentials.

Imagine if they actually had control of their oil and mineral wealth

Speeders -

Imagine if they actually had control of their oil and mineral wealth
Actually, today they do. Their problem is they don't have the ability to exploit it without westerners or Asians.

Hundreds of thousands of whites died to remove slavery from society=we're the ones that need to apologize. You can't make this shit up! Seriously, no one else was planning towards pushing a industrial revolution that would completely end the need(on earth) for such labor and turn around to fight for equal rights for all human beings for the next two centuries. Yet we're the ones that have to apologize? I don't hear the arabs, Asians let alone the blacks that enslaved large sections of their race apologizing for shit.

Truth be they see dollar signs and the chance to fuck over someone. This is all this is about. It's sick.

Hundreds of thousands of whites died to remove slavery from society=we're the ones that need to apologize. You can't make this shit up! Seriously, no one else was planning towards pushing a industrial revolution that would completely end the need(on earth) for such labor and turn around to fight for equal rights for all human beings for the next two centuries. Yet we're the ones that have to apologize? I don't hear the arabs, Asians let alone the blacks that enslaved large sections of their race apologizing for shit.

Truth be they see dollar signs and the chance to fuck over someone. This is all this is about. It's sick.

Almost every other country on earth managed to abolish slavery without a Civil War

Do you know what an apology is for?

Hundreds of thousands of whites died to remove slavery from society=we're the ones that need to apologize. You can't make this shit up!

Well...do you think Germany should have apologised for the Holocaust?

Prior to the War Against States Rights of 1861-65 there were lots of free blacks in america who owned slaves. They never apologized. Only white people are stupid enough to apologize.

Why would they apologize for white man's law?

So you think slavery was a white man thing? Goddamn you people need some history. lol

Almost every other country on earth managed to abolish slavery without a Civil War

Do you know what an apology is for?

No one else out of all races has done so. :confused: Britain abolished it but some parts of Africa still seem to practice it. Figures.

Forum List

Back