Hawking Says Universe Created Itself

It is funny to watch all those that they claim to believe in science, base their entire belief on the world based on a debunked far left religion.

The big bang in the sense of math breaks down at a certain point that can not be explained by any math.

Just as the human conciseness can not be explained in math either.

For anyone to think that humans are the superior beings in the universe and can not comprehend that a more powerful being could very well exist, just shows they do not truly believe in science.

I don't think we have to be physicists to know that nothing happens in this universe without something first causing it to happen. Something or someone had to give it that initial push. Then, the topic becomes, how did life come into existence? Did that "spontaneously create" itself too? Come on. It's obvious. There is a creator. Then throw in the anecdotal "evidence" (not scientific, I understand) of the seemingly countless numbers of people who have described near-death experiences of seeing the "other side", etc., and it should give you pause to seriously consider the very real possibility and likelihood that, indeed, there IS a creator!
`
No one is stopping you from believing what you faith says. But to repeat myself, don't expect others to share in it. I happen totally reject your particular beliefs but it doesn't mean I'm against them. So long as most of the public and private schools teach the sciences apart from religious tenets, science shall endure.

My faith is based on what I have observed combined with rational thought, NOT what religious organizations or the bible say. You declined to comment on any of the points that I made. I have the impression that you are committed to your atheism regardless of any scientific or non-scientific evidence.

Very likely..Based on the laws of chemistry and physics it most certainly did.

If you don't believe this then i ask who or what created god? It is so much more simple to explain things with laws of science compared to figuring out how a super being developed out of nothing.

Laws of science = billions or even tens of billions of years for such processes to slowly come together.

God popped out of nothing! =

You're delusional if you think that this is a random universe

To believe that existence can spontaneously appear out of non-existence is to defy all logic and common sense.
Must be a sky fairy, that's common sense.

Earlier you called me a "fill in the gaps with your sky God" and then you turned around and advocated for the theory that everything came from nothing. LOL.

When was that?

I think this guy is another ABG adherent. He's not here to discuss; he's here to shill. I see "ignore" in his future.
Before it existed.

I see ignorance in your future.

I see you've gone into full k*nt mode...again. It's time to put you on "ignore". Goodbye moron.

It had no beginning.

Well, the Big Bang seems to indicate otherwise. Additionally, the universe IS a physical place that could not have created itself, regardless of what Hawking or anyone else says. To believe that existence can spontaneously appear out of non-existence is to defy all logic and common sense.
Logic and common sense dictate that there was no so-called big bang nor did the universe appear out of non-existence. Therefore, the universe always was, is, and will be.

ABG theory in action.

If you don't believe this then i ask who or what created god? It is so much more simple to explain things with laws of science compared to figuring out how a super being developed out of nothing.

Laws of science = billions or even tens of billions of years for such processes to slowly come together.

You idiot. God wasn't created. He has always existed. And the universe creating itself violates the LAW of cause and effect.
Always existed, yet no law of cause and effect needed for God....You contradict yourself..

You idiot. God wasn't created. He has always existed. And the universe creating itself violates the LAW of cause and effect.
Not if we are just one universe in a lava lamp of universes

Earlier you called me a "fill in the gaps with your sky God" and then you turned around and advocated for the theory that everything came from nothing. LOL.
You're still filling the gaps with god. Link to my advocacy?

`
The article, from a "creationist" web site, is commenting on Hawking's book, The Grand Design, in which Hawking postulates; "that invoking God is not necessary to explain the origins of the universe, and that the Big Bang is a consequence of the laws of physics alone. In response to criticism, Hawking has said; "One can't prove that God doesn't exist, but science makes God unnecessary."

Those who take the bible literally, will object to that of course. They have no use for such things as science anyways. As creationists are all "faith based", argumentation in regards to science is totally lost on them. Hawking does not state an absolute in his book but offers instead, a mathematical and scientifically sound explanation of a "possible" alternative to the creationist concept.
They already know what's going to happen so who cares. It is written. Prophecized. And some even believe the end days are near but it's not pollution it's sin that's doing is in. Damn the science

It had no beginning.

Well, the Big Bang seems to indicate otherwise. Additionally, the universe IS a physical place that could not have created itself, regardless of what Hawking or anyone else says. To believe that existence can spontaneously appear out of non-existence is to defy all logic and common sense.
Logic and common sense dictate that there was no so-called big bang nor did the universe appear out of non-existence. Therefore, the universe always was, is, and will be.

ABG theory in action.
I gather you think that I would hold onto a theory that anything but God creating the universe has got to be the answer but this is not the case. I see no reason to believe that the universe had a beginning so I reject Hawking and the scientists who agree with him.

Always existed, yet no law of cause and effect needed for God....You contradict yourself..

Either one believes that a creator created the universe and the life that inhabits it or one believes, like Stephen Hawking apparently does, that the universe created itself and then that life created itself too. I presume you're advocating for the latter as well. The concept that the creator could and has always existed is something that we cannot wrap our minds around but, the scientific evidence that we have certainly indicates that someone NOT bound to the laws of this universe, someone outside of this universe, got it started.

It had no beginning.

ABG theory in action.
I gather you think that I would hold onto a theory that anything but God creating the universe has got to be the answer but this is not the case. I see no reason to believe that the universe had a beginning so I reject Hawking and the scientists who agree with him.

There are scientists and atheists that let their dogma get in the way of rational thought. Many of them are trying to debunk, without success, the Big Bang because it contradicts their ideological belief that there is no such thing as a creator. I suspect that you are one of them, hence the ABG remark.

Some things are beyond our comprehension. What is NOT beyond our comprehension is the clear evidence that the universe had a beginning and that the universe was created by someone OUTSIDE of said universe. I will add that logical thought should compel one to the conclusion that a creator also created life on Earth and that it did not just create itself as many atheists apparently posit.

Either one believes that a creator created the universe and the life that inhabits it or one believes, like Stephen Hawking apparently does, that the universe created itself and then that life created itself too. I presume you're advocating for the latter as well. The concept that the creator could and has always existed is something that we cannot wrap our minds around but, the scientific evidence that we have certainly indicates that someone NOT bound to the laws of this universe, someone outside of this universe, got it started.
And this super powerful all knowing being that was created in a book wants us all to bow down and worship him?? Adorate and think of him all the live long day....Sounds rather cultic..

We don't know yet. It's a fun and fascinating mystery. Maybe we'll get there one day.

Anyone who claims they know for sure isn't being honest. Or they're brainwashed.

The only ones that know for sure are the arrogant, condescending, atheists that accuse believers of having an imaginary sky fairy to fill in the gaps. Meanwhile, they posit theories that the universe came out of nowhere and that life created itself. LOL.

Forum List

Back