Headline: "Up to 200K US deaths foreseen as more cities stricken" FALSE Exaggeration! MSM blowing out of proportion!

So Drudge has the above headline linked to this article:Up to 200K US deaths foreseen as more cities stricken
AP NEWS... stop the presses!!!!
And this is what they quote without READING what Dr. Fauci really said!!!
"Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, made the dire prediction of fatalities on CNN, adding that millions in the U.S. could become infected."

NOW what did Dr. Fauci say???
Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday that models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000, though he stressed that the projections are "such a moving target."

"There are things called models, and when someone creates a model, they put in various assumptions. And the model is only as good and as accurate as your assumptions
And whenever the modelers come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario.
Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Axios headline: Fauci says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die from coronavirus

Dr. Fauci... "WORST CASE" and he's never seen the worst case... they always overshoot!

Folks... PLEASE PLEASE read closer to the experts! Don't take the BIASED AP, etc., MSM blown out of proportion headlines JUST to get you to click!
Go ahead and click the links BUT read further down into the article.

"False"?

You're saying it's NOT foreseen?

Fauci ALSO said but you are ignoring that part...Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Again folks you have to read exactly what was said!
Fauci said that 100,000 to 200,000 was the WORST case and his experience:" Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle.
I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Do you all understand the gross distinction here?
The MSM takes the worst case number and Fauci says he's never seen the worst-case actually came out!

Fauci's article on Thursday said 80,000.....a bad flu season.

So Drudge has the above headline linked to this article:Up to 200K US deaths foreseen as more cities stricken
AP NEWS... stop the presses!!!!
And this is what they quote without READING what Dr. Fauci really said!!!
"Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, made the dire prediction of fatalities on CNN, adding that millions in the U.S. could become infected."

NOW what did Dr. Fauci say???
Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday that models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000, though he stressed that the projections are "such a moving target."

"There are things called models, and when someone creates a model, they put in various assumptions. And the model is only as good and as accurate as your assumptions
And whenever the modelers come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario.
Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Axios headline: Fauci says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die from coronavirus

Dr. Fauci... "WORST CASE" and he's never seen the worst case... they always overshoot!

Folks... PLEASE PLEASE read closer to the experts! Don't take the BIASED AP, etc., MSM blown out of proportion headlines JUST to get you to click!
Go ahead and click the links BUT read further down into the article.

"False"?

You're saying it's NOT foreseen?

Fauci ALSO said but you are ignoring that part...Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Again folks you have to read exactly what was said!
Fauci said that 100,000 to 200,000 was the WORST case and his experience:" Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle.
I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Do you all understand the gross distinction here?
The MSM takes the worst case number and Fauci says he's never seen the worst-case actually came out!

Fauci's article on Thursday said 80,000.....a bad flu season.
The Doctors in the briefing stated that the range they "hope for" is 50,000 to 200,000.

I hope their gut feelings on this are right...

Trump just said that 2.2 million Americans would have died if strict actions had not been taken

I think he is overstating the potential for the CuomoVirus to kill.

The numbers don't add up.

Now, if most of it is in New York....rent regulations may not be necessary.

I certainly hope not.

models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000
So the headline was dead on accurate.

/Thread

The 2.2m "deaths" number was Fauci's best guess "ASSUMING NO MITIGATION", like for the regular flu where 40,000 to 60,000 die every year. With all of the shutdowns and self-quarantine we have now, that 2.2m number should be much lower. Trump just said that Easter should be the "peak" of the bell curve, and the US numbers should be lower after Easter. Trump said that the US will stay with the current shutdown to the end of April.
The EU looks to be at their peak now, at about 30,000 active cases a day, and the US is about a week or so behind the EU. The next week should tell if the US flattened the curve enough to stay within the hospital capacity. Next week lets hope both curves are headed down.
View attachment 316887
I agree with you! "Mitigation" IS going on in the USA and unlike Italy or Spain there are better efforts to treat COVID-19 patients in the USA.

The leftist media has to keep the herd stirred up with fear so they stay home for 2 months and bring on a World Depression. Stopping COVID-19 deaths is the ruse, World Depression is the goal.

Nobody notices the similarities between this and Global Warming? "Listen to the Experts".

"The Experts say 2 months".

Forum List

Back