Health Care - we gotta fix this shit...

You are a liberal darling. Sorry to dissapoint.

5% number is bad - Medicare-Medicaid is already 4.35% and you want to cover everyone for 5%?
Not a lib.

You want government run healthcare because you don't think free market can solve this issue --right?

That's a (very) liberal position.

Don't be ashamed SmakeALib

but the free market plan hasn't been working for the consumer/patient. It only works for those involved in the health care system such as Pharma, Dr's, investors, etc.to get richer. I won't even go so far as to include insurance companies since they have to pay for it all.

Well I'm not as liberal as SmokeAlib and belive America CAN do it better than other countries, in our own way.

If Republicans would stop trying to sabotage Obamacare because it happens to be passed by Obama and instead work constructively with Democrats we can fix this (and much more).
Obamacare is hardly the answer. Have you ever logged onto their website and checked their rates, for shits and giggles?
I have.
Bronze plan, family of 5, income 75k.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

Didn't run your subsidy, did you?

Just using a Panama City zip code for the hell of it and without knowing what your zip and ages of you, your wife and children, used 50 for you and your wife and put you kids in their teens this is the estimated subsidy you'd receive for $75,000.

You are likely eligible for financial help
Based on the information you provided, your income is equal to 255% of the poverty level. This means you are likely eligible for financial help through the Health Insurance Marketplace. An estimate of your cost for coverage and amount of financial help in 2019 are provided below. To find out your actual amount of financial help and to get coverage, you must go to Healthcare.gov or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace.

Estimated financial help:
$1,576 per month ($18,907 per year)
as a premium tax credit. This covers 75% of the monthly costs.
Your cost for a silver plan:
$532 per month ($6,383 per year)
in premiums (which equals 8.51% of your household income).
The most you have to pay for a silver plan:
8.51% of income for the second-lowest cost silver plan
Without financial help, your silver plan would cost:
$2,107 per month ($25,289 per year)

Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator

Not a lib.

You want government run healthcare because you don't think free market can solve this issue --right?

but the free market plan hasn't been working for the consumer/patient. It only works for those involved in the health care system such as Pharma, Dr's, investors, etc.to get richer. I won't even go so far as to include insurance companies since they have to pay for it all.

Well I'm not as liberal as SmokeAlib and belive America CAN do it better than other countries, in our own way.

If Republicans would stop trying to sabotage Obamacare because it happens to be passed by Obama and instead work constructively with Democrats we can fix this (and much more).
Obamacare is hardly the answer. Have you ever logged onto their website and checked their rates, for shits and giggles?
I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?
My bookkeeper looked, the bronze plan for her and her family was 9k deductible and 3200 a month

No 9 grand deductible with any obamacare plan. Max for 2019 is $7900.

How is that Republican healthcare plan coming along?

Repeal and replace, right? Ryan care? You guys have had, what, 8 years to come up with a better plan and you've done absolutely nothing.

I'm a conservative.
But even I realize that our health Care system is screwed.
Pharmacutical companies are gouging us out of our retirement savings.
Insurance companies are gouging us out of our 401k's.
Doctors and hospitals are performing unneeded procedures and prescribing unneeded drugs for profit.
I'm all about profit - but not profit over deceit.
And not profit over the well-being of American citizens.
I always thought the federal government was fundamental for our national defense, and national defense only.
Not any more.
Get rid of Medicare and Medicaid. Both systems are abused and bankrupt.
Have a single payer system. Tack on 5% on our paychecks and have the government have oversight.
Everybody has health care.
I hate to say it, but that's what it's come down to.
Obamacare will work it has to be tinkered with forever and it needs quite a bit of tinkering right now...

Repeal and replace, right? Ryan care? You guys have had, what, 8 years to come up with a better plan and you've done absolutely nothing.

Neither Ryan or McConnell were ever serious about repeal. Ryan knew he was retiring long before he announced it and McConnell represents a state with many republican's enjoying those subsidies and pre x conditions. Trump just led his base on to get elected. They all blew smoke up their base asses.

I'm a conservative.
Doctors and hospitals are performing unneeded procedures and prescribing unneeded drugs for profit.
I always thought the federal government was fundamental for our national defense, and national defense only.
Not any more.
Have a single payer system. Tack on 5% on our paychecks and have the government have oversight.
Obamacare will work it has to be tinkered with forever and it needs quite a bit of tinkering right now...
But you're right single-payer is the best way to go, but the AMA and the GOP would have to be dragged kicking and screaming, Republicans will never go for it.

I'm a conservative.
Not any more.
But you're right single-payer is the best way to go, but the AMA and the GOP would have to be dragged kicking and screaming, Republicans will never go for it.

But Trump was all for single payer years ago.

Neither Ryan or McConnell were ever serious about repeal. Ryan knew he was retiring long before he announced it and McConnell represents a state with many republican's enjoying those subsidies and pre x conditions. Trump just led his base on to get elected. They all blew smoke up their base asses.
Thank God for John McCain, without him they would have already repealed it...

I watched that and have thought the republican's going in and out of the room to talk with him actually had to have a scapegoat to vote it down and since he was dying convinced him to vote it down.

I watched that and have thought the republican's going in and out of the room to talk with him actually had to have a scapegoat to vote it down and since he was dying convinced him to vote it down.
Another conspiracy? Of course LOL. I think he finally got pushed to the right side by his own mortality...

Not a lib.

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

Just using a Panama City zip code for the hell of it and without knowing what your zip and ages of you, your wife and children, used 50 for you and your wife and put you kids in their teens this is the estimated subsidy you'd receive for $75,000.

Based on the information you provided, your income is equal to 255% of the poverty level. This means you are likely eligible for financial help through the Health Insurance Marketplace. An estimate of your cost for coverage and amount of financial help in 2019 are provided below. To find out your actual amount of financial help and to get coverage, you must go to Healthcare.gov or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace.

The problem is healthcare costs so ridiculous prices... We need to regulate insurers and hospitals big health and big Pharma. And get more competition in the exchanges and I have nothing against National exchanges... However, 75% of those on the exchanges pay less than $100 a month after subsidies. Republicans believe a whole lot of garbage about Obamacare as well as everything else....

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?
My bookkeeper looked, the bronze plan for her and her family was 9k deductible and 3200 a month

That’s what she told me... unaffordable

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

That’s what she told me... unaffordable

Costs may vary depending on location :dunno:

Thats because your mind is hoped up on rightwing hysterics.

Out here in the real world a lot of developed democracies have single payer healthcare systems (see Canada, Great Britain etc.) and they have ZERO interest in pursuing the American model.
Which is perfectly fine with me, but no one should be forced into socialize medicine.
Millions of conservative would benefit in no way from socialized medicine, In fact it would make their lives a living hell

....Single Payer, by definition is a system where government pays for everyone's healthcare, financed by INVOLANTARY taxation.

So when you say "perfectly fine with me" but then follow it up with, "but no one should be forced into it" you aren't making any sense.
It should be an opt in, that’s easy.

Doesn't work - people simply don't participate in the system untill they get older and sicker or simply because they are totally irresponsible and when shit hits the fan...what? we are supposed to just let them die or get deformed because they can't afford the care?
See that’s unacceptable, you can’t force people into shit that They do not want, cannot afford, and will never benefit from.
STATISM-Ideas-so-good.jpg

You mean statism like this?

Analysis | U.S. military budget inches closer to $1 trillion mark, as concerns over federal deficit grow

Which is perfectly fine with me, but no one should be forced into socialize medicine.
Millions of conservative would benefit in no way from socialized medicine, In fact it would make their lives a living hell

....Single Payer, by definition is a system where government pays for everyone's healthcare, financed by INVOLANTARY taxation.

So when you say "perfectly fine with me" but then follow it up with, "but no one should be forced into it" you aren't making any sense.
It should be an opt in, that’s easy.

Doesn't work - people simply don't participate in the system untill they get older and sicker or simply because they are totally irresponsible and when shit hits the fan...what? we are supposed to just let them die or get deformed because they can't afford the care?
See that’s unacceptable, you can’t force people into shit that They do not want, cannot afford, and will never benefit from.

You mean like millitary?
Na, Military/police/fire are an necessary...

Someone did this but something went awry. If this is well managed it should work.

So far it works...its like a community that comes together to help pay each other's medical bills. I return the favor for those who are in need. There are great people..and we keep in touch as well.

I'm a conservative.
Not any more.
In regard to drug prices, the US is footing the bill for drug company research, development, and most of drug company profits. We pay $300 for a drug the rest of the world pays $50. If you buy your more expense drugs abroad, you are well aware of the huge difference in price.

The drug companies lead people to believe that they are getting purer and higher quality drugs if purchased in the US. This is complete nonsense. The drugs are exactly the same. In fact, most of them are manufactured by the same company and the only difference is the packaging.

Last edited:

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

The problem is healthcare costs so ridiculous prices... We need to regulate insurers and hospitals big health and big Pharma. And get more competition in the exchanges and I have nothing against National exchanges... However, 75% of those on the exchanges pay less than $100 a month after subsidies. Republicans believe a whole lot of garbage about Obamacare as well as everything else....
Keep Obamacare to yourselves... The rest of us want nothing to do with it

Forum List

Back