Health Care - we gotta fix this shit...

....Single Payer, by definition is a system where government pays for everyone's healthcare, financed by INVOLANTARY taxation.

So when you say "perfectly fine with me" but then follow it up with, "but no one should be forced into it" you aren't making any sense.
It should be an opt in, that’s easy.

Doesn't work - people simply don't participate in the system untill they get older and sicker or simply because they are totally irresponsible and when shit hits the fan...what? we are supposed to just let them die or get deformed because they can't afford the care?
See that’s unacceptable, you can’t force people into shit that They do not want, cannot afford, and will never benefit from.
STATISM-Ideas-so-good.jpg

You mean like millitary?
Na, Military/police/fire are an necessary...

Necessary...STATISM? I knew you were a statist at heart.

And since when is healthcare not necessary?

Last edited:
but the free market plan hasn't been working for the consumer/patient. It only works for those involved in the health care system such as Pharma, Dr's, investors, etc.to get richer. I won't even go so far as to include insurance companies since they have to pay for it all.

Well I'm not as liberal as SmokeAlib and belive America CAN do it better than other countries, in our own way.

If Republicans would stop trying to sabotage Obamacare because it happens to be passed by Obama and instead work constructively with Democrats we can fix this (and much more).
Obamacare is hardly the answer. Have you ever logged onto their website and checked their rates, for shits and giggles?
I have.
Bronze plan, family of 5, income 75k.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

Didn't run your subsidy, did you?

Just using a Panama City zip code for the hell of it and without knowing what your zip and ages of you, your wife and children, used 50 for you and your wife and put you kids in their teens this is the estimated subsidy you'd receive for $75,000.

You are likely eligible for financial help
Based on the information you provided, your income is equal to 255% of the poverty level. This means you are likely eligible for financial help through the Health Insurance Marketplace. An estimate of your cost for coverage and amount of financial help in 2019 are provided below. To find out your actual amount of financial help and to get coverage, you must go to Healthcare.gov or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace.

Estimated financial help:
$1,576 per month ($18,907 per year)
as a premium tax credit. This covers 75% of the monthly costs.
Your cost for a silver plan:
$532 per month ($6,383 per year)
in premiums (which equals 8.51% of your household income).
The most you have to pay for a silver plan:
8.51% of income for the second-lowest cost silver plan
Without financial help, your silver plan would cost:
$2,107 per month ($25,289 per year)

Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator
The problem is healthcare costs so ridiculous prices... We need to regulate insurers and hospitals big health and big Pharma. And get more competition in the exchanges and I have nothing against National exchanges... However, 75% of those on the exchanges pay less than $100 a month after subsidies. Republicans believe a whole lot of garbage about Obamacare as well as everything else....
Keep Obamacare to yourselves... The rest of us want nothing to do with it

You going to keep parroting the same fucking meme in all your posts?

Well I'm not as liberal as SmokeAlib and belive America CAN do it better than other countries, in our own way.

If Republicans would stop trying to sabotage Obamacare because it happens to be passed by Obama and instead work constructively with Democrats we can fix this (and much more).
Obamacare is hardly the answer. Have you ever logged onto their website and checked their rates, for shits and giggles?
I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

Just using a Panama City zip code for the hell of it and without knowing what your zip and ages of you, your wife and children, used 50 for you and your wife and put you kids in their teens this is the estimated subsidy you'd receive for $75,000.

Based on the information you provided, your income is equal to 255% of the poverty level. This means you are likely eligible for financial help through the Health Insurance Marketplace. An estimate of your cost for coverage and amount of financial help in 2019 are provided below. To find out your actual amount of financial help and to get coverage, you must go to Healthcare.gov or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace.

The problem is healthcare costs so ridiculous prices... We need to regulate insurers and hospitals big health and big Pharma. And get more competition in the exchanges and I have nothing against National exchanges... However, 75% of those on the exchanges pay less than $100 a month after subsidies. Republicans believe a whole lot of garbage about Obamacare as well as everything else....

Truth hurts?

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

Truth hurts?

no, the repetetive stupid hurts.

Truth hurts?

You can say that again! ;)

Truth hurts?

Anyway Obamacare is no longer mandatory, and in fact Obama did not want it to be mandatory when he started Congress changed that.

Truth hurts?

Anyway Obamacare is no longer mandatory, and in fact Obama did not want it to be mandatory when he started Congress changed that.

All the mandates are still there. Even the individual mandate is still law - the Republicans have just turned the penalty down to zero. It can easily be turned back up. With a few token exceptions, the rest of ACA is untouched.

but the free market plan hasn't been working for the consumer/patient. It only works for those involved in the health care system such as Pharma, Dr's, investors, etc.to get richer. I won't even go so far as to include insurance companies since they have to pay for it all.

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?
My bookkeeper looked, the bronze plan for her and her family was 9k deductible and 3200 a month

No 9 grand deductible with any obamacare plan. Max for 2019 is $7900.
That’s what she told me... unaffordable

Truth hurts?

All the mandates are still there. Even the individual mandate is still law - the Republicans have just turned the penalty down to zero. It can easily be turned back up. With a few token exceptions, the rest of ACA is untouched.
So it is no longer mandatory and the hell with that anyway. Obama didn't want it to be mandatory. Congress changed it. So Tinker with it, fix it instead of just.... Republicans! It is only a framework to be tinkered with forever, just like in other countries.

It is so sad American taxpaying citizens have to pay for medical treatment in addition to monthly insurance, but illegal aliens and democrat "urban citizens" pay nothing, ever. So guess who has more offspring, the primary medical expense beside expenses as a result of poor decisions, though most offspring today look like poor decisions? In other words, the medical system in the USA is a form of genocide for Whitey.

It is so sad American taxpaying citizens have to pay for medical treatment in addition to monthly insurance, but illegal aliens and democrat "urban citizens" pay nothing, ever. So guess who has more offspring, the primary medical expense beside expenses as a result of poor decisions, though most offspring today look like poor decisions? In other words, the medical system in the USA is a form of genocide for Whitey.

Alex Jones?

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?
My bookkeeper looked, the bronze plan for her and her family was 9k deductible and 3200 a month

Costs may vary depending on location :dunno:

Every county in the U.S. has different prices I was disputing the deductible.

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

We don't care do what you want.

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

Costs may vary depending on location :dunno:

Every county in the U.S. has different prices I was disputing the deductible.
The fact remains Obamacare is unaffordable for most people...

Truth hurts?

Some one thought this was funny, but you are correct.

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

Then quit trying to get us to pay for other peoples shit...
Fuck the collective

I have.
10k deductible.
2500/month.
WTF?

Then quit trying to get us to pay for other peoples shit...
Fuck the collective

I'm not trying to make you pay for anything I for the most part just stating facts. Yes, it is very expensive for some and not so for other's. You and other's are throwing out these huge deductibles that just aren't so. I for one (selfish reason) would like to go back to under writing days, but do see the need for coverage of the uninsured.

I'm a conservative.
But even I realize that our health Care system is screwed.
Pharmacutical companies are gouging us out of our retirement savings.
Insurance companies are gouging us out of our 401k's.
Doctors and hospitals are performing unneeded procedures and prescribing unneeded drugs for profit.
I'm all about profit - but not profit over deceit.
And not profit over the well-being of American citizens.
I always thought the federal government was fundamental for our national defense, and national defense only.
Not any more.
Get rid of Medicare and Medicaid. Both systems are abused and bankrupt.
Have a single payer system. Tack on 5% on our paychecks and have the government have oversight.
Everybody has health care.
I hate to say it, but that's what it's come down to.
Complex issue. But you are correct. A 'for profit' healthcare system doesn't work.

How do people that are retired have 5% taken from their paychecks? Do self employed people pay 10%? Medicare fraud is perpetrated by providers, not patients.

Start with a public option, when anyone can purchase Medicare plans to rival private insurance. It will help Medicare, and it will be a great option for younger/healthier people who don't use doctors/meds at the same rate as others.

Forum List

Back