Healthcare Projected To Cost Near $50 Trillion Over Next Ten Years

Govt getting in healthcare caused a sky rocket in cost. Just like everything else the govt touches.
Why cant we get govt out of healthcare completely? Cash prices are cheap and would only get cheaper.
Orrr we could pass an amendment so the govt actually has the power for medicare for all.
I dont see either happening. You rubes love the govt abusing its power.
There is no downward pressure in healthcare, costs only go up.

Let in an invasion force of a million diseased third worlders costs are going to rise
I know what you mean!

2aj6mwp.jpg

2 month long wait for heart surgery, here we come!
Hope you dilapidated old fucks can survive!
Stop believing all the BS healthcare lobbyists feed you...
Thats the standard waiting time. I read it on NHS.UK actually. Maybe you should go there and read it. Its fucking horrid.
And yet the GOP as done NOTHING about our healthcare costs skyrocketing for DECADES, and will do nothing forever.

And yet Trump has lied out of his ass about having a solution, and the creduloids are allowing him to fool them twice.

So single payer is inevitable.

Projected cost and actual cost are two very different things especially when the government is involved in running something they don’t have a good history of being cost efficient.

2 month long wait for heart surgery, here we come!
Hope you dilapidated old fucks can survive!
Stop believing all the BS healthcare lobbyists feed you...
Thats the standard waiting time. I read it on NHS.UK actually. Maybe you should go there and read it. Its fucking horrid.
Anyone who needs emergency care is treated immediately. Here most of us wait 2 months before going to the doctor because it’s so expensive...

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?
No, the $35 trillion is the total cost. Medicare For All would replace all current costs.
Lol
It’s going to be a lot more than what they say it’s going to be Always is with the federal government involved

There was a time when healthcare was not a business. Whether privately run or government run that is what it is today. And there are quality issues as some doctors are not that good.

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?
No, the $35 trillion is the total cost. Medicare For All would replace all current costs.
How is that possible? Medicare for all would theoretically mean millions more people would be going to the doctor so overall costs would dramatically go up. What is going to balance that out?
Lower administrative costs. Every doctor's office has to employ several people to work out the bazillions of billing codes for each insurer for each procedure.

"Single payer" makes things more streamlined.
Lol
statism_ideas.png

How is that possible? Medicare for all would theoretically mean millions more people would be going to the doctor so overall costs would dramatically go up. What is going to balance that out?
Our current system is one of the most expensive in the world.
Agreed, my question is how Medicare for all fixes that and brings costs down.

Projected cost and actual cost are two very different things especially when the government is involved in running something they don’t have a good history of being cost efficient.

That's a nice meme, but untrue.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20110920.013390/full/]Medicare Has Controlled Costs Better Than Private Insurance[/url]
No that is a fact the government can’t even handle the thousands of people showing up at the southern border right now the idea they could deal with the millions and millions who would be added to healthcare is laughably but if that is the path the left wants to take good luck with it.

Lower administrative costs. Every doctor's office has to employ several people to work out the bazillions of billing codes for each insurer for each procedure.

In theory perhaps but working with the government doesn’t have the reputation of being streamlined. How do doctors feel about the current Medicare/Medicaid paperwork and process? How has the VA process worked out? There are issues with those areas that need to be acknowledged and discussed.

In theory perhaps but working with the government doesn’t have the reputation of being streamlined. How do doctors feel about the current Medicare/Medicaid paperwork and process? How has the VA process worked out? There are issues with those areas that need to be acknowledged and discussed.
Yep, the VA is a fucking joke... as is Medicare

You are better off with a shaman shaking bones over you than Medicare. It helps if you have made your own diagnosis. If all you need to do is tell the doctor what you need you have half a chance of actual care.

Govt getting in healthcare caused a sky rocket in cost. Just like everything else the govt touches.
Why cant we get govt out of healthcare completely? Cash prices are cheap and would only get cheaper.
Orrr we could pass an amendment so the govt actually has the power for medicare for all.
I dont see either happening. You rubes love the govt abusing its power.
Here's the thing.

I am opposed to single payer healthcare. I totally agree that the more government meddles with healthcare, the more they cause costs to go up.

But none of that means fuck-all since the Republicans have NEVER stepped up to the plate to offer a solution. It is through their inaction, and the acceptance of the Rube Herd to go along with that inaction, that makes single payer inevitable.

And the fact is that single payer will probably end up being cheaper than going on the way we are going. Not as cheap as the ideas I have outlined on this forum countless times, but cheaper than Trump's fake, non-existent plan and the Republicans' fake, non-existent plan.
The republicans are fucking worthless

The VA isn’t a joke, my sister n law works for the one in Minneapolis and it is one of the best hospitals I’ve ever been in. They are rockstars out there. But in other areas there are major problems.

Our current system is one of the most expensive in the world.
Agreed, my question is how Medicare for all fixes that and brings costs down.

The same way any pooled system works. More people will be paying into it.

Forum List

Back