Healthcare Projected To Cost Near $50 Trillion Over Next Ten Years

No, the $35 trillion is the total cost. Medicare For All would replace all current costs.
How is that possible? Medicare for all would theoretically mean millions more people would be going to the doctor so overall costs would dramatically go up. What is going to balance that out?
Lower administrative costs. Every doctor's office has to employ several people to work out the bazillions of billing codes for each insurer for each procedure.

"Single payer" makes things more streamlined.
In theory perhaps but working with the government doesn’t have the reputation of being streamlined. How do doctors feel about the current Medicare/Medicaid paperwork and process? How has the VA process worked out? There are issues with those areas that need to be acknowledged and discussed.
Yep, the VA is a fucking joke... as is Medicare
You are better off with a shaman shaking bones over you than Medicare. It helps if you have made your own diagnosis. If all you need to do is tell the doctor what you need you have half a chance of actual care.
You don’t waste time with facts do you?

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?
No, the $35 trillion is the total cost. Medicare For All would replace all current costs.
How is that possible? Medicare for all would theoretically mean millions more people would be going to the doctor so overall costs would dramatically go up. What is going to balance that out?
Our current system is one of the most expensive in the world.
Agreed, my question is how Medicare for all fixes that and brings costs down.

The same way any pooled system works. More people will be paying into it.
More people pooled in raises revenue which is good to know, but also raises costs with more people seeking care. These numbers should be projected and analyzed

Lower administrative costs. Every doctor's office has to employ several people to work out the bazillions of billing codes for each insurer for each procedure.

In theory perhaps but working with the government doesn’t have the reputation of being streamlined. How do doctors feel about the current Medicare/Medicaid paperwork and process? How has the VA process worked out? There are issues with those areas that need to be acknowledged and discussed.
The VA isn’t a joke, my sister n law works for the one in Minneapolis and it is one of the best hospitals I’ve ever been in. They are rockstars out there. But in other areas there are major problems.

Both the VA and Medicare score higher in customer satisfaction than private insurance.

Pseudocons scoff at the projected cost of "Medicare For All" being $35 trillion over the next ten years.

However, under our current system, healthcare in America will rack up an astounding $47 trillion over the next ten years!

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statis...ealthExpendData/Downloads/ForecastSummary.pdf

Health spending is projected to grow 0.8 percentage point faster than Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per year over the 2018-27 period; as a result, the health share of GDP is expected to rise from 17.9 percent in 2017 to 19.4 percent by 2027.

<snip>

National health spending is projected to have grown 4.4 percent in 2018, up from 3.9 percent growth in 2017, and to have reached $3.6 trillion.

<snip>

National health expenditures are projected to grow 4.8 percent in 2019, up from 4.4 percent growth in 2018, and to reach $3.8 trillion.

<snip>

For 2020-27, national health spending growth is projected to average 5.7 percent, from 4.8 percent in 2019, and reach nearly $6.0 trillion by 2027. With nominal GDP growth expected to average 4.6 percent during this period, the health share of GDP is expected to increase to 19.4 percent by 2027, from 17.8 percent in 2019.

Notice the incredibly optimistic projection that GDP will grow an average of 4.6 percent. :lol:
If you read the article, it says most of the increase comes from Medicare and Medicaid - government healthcare, in other words.

More people pooled in raises revenue which is good to know, but also raises costs with more people seeking care. These numbers should be projected and analyzed
No, those costs are lowered as well. Preventative care is cheaper than reparative.

The VA isn’t a joke, my sister n law works for the one in Minneapolis and it is one of the best hospitals I’ve ever been in. They are rockstars out there. But in other areas there are major problems.

Both the VA and Medicare score higher in customer satisfaction than private insurance.
Not surprising as they aren’t paying for it but more relevant is to look at the numbers to understand the costs and feasibility of the system.

I guess they can't ask the guys who died waiting for the VA to treat them.

Lol
The whole concept of insurance is a fucking joke, So the bar is very low

No, those costs are lowered as well. Preventative care is cheaper than reparative.
That's a myth.

That's a myth.
Uh, no...that's common sense.

Lol
The whole concept of insurance is a fucking joke, So the bar is very low
It’s obvious you exists in a “Live and let Die” world but that’s not the society most Americans want to live in so Insurance and safety nets exist. The question right now is should they be private or publicly owned

That's a myth.
Uh, no...that's common sense.
It's not true, so it's a myth.

Pseudocons scoff at the projected cost of "Medicare For All" being $35 trillion over the next ten years.

However, under our current system, healthcare in America will rack up an astounding $47 trillion over the next ten years!

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statis...ealthExpendData/Downloads/ForecastSummary.pdf

Health spending is projected to grow 0.8 percentage point faster than Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per year over the 2018-27 period; as a result, the health share of GDP is expected to rise from 17.9 percent in 2017 to 19.4 percent by 2027.

<snip>

National health spending is projected to have grown 4.4 percent in 2018, up from 3.9 percent growth in 2017, and to have reached $3.6 trillion.

<snip>

National health expenditures are projected to grow 4.8 percent in 2019, up from 4.4 percent growth in 2018, and to reach $3.8 trillion.

<snip>

For 2020-27, national health spending growth is projected to average 5.7 percent, from 4.8 percent in 2019, and reach nearly $6.0 trillion by 2027. With nominal GDP growth expected to average 4.6 percent during this period, the health share of GDP is expected to increase to 19.4 percent by 2027, from 17.8 percent in 2019.

Notice the incredibly optimistic projection that GDP will grow an average of 4.6 percent. :lol:

Wait.

So you're saying that Bernie's Country Wrecking "Medicare for All" will cost $18,000,000,000,000 LESS over 10 years than the current system?

Is that what you're saying?

BTW, only "men" who wear pussyhats block me. True Story

Some dupe is going to come along and say that we need to repeal Obamacare to relieve the skyrocketing costs of healthcare.

Of course, the dupe's propagandists depend on the dupe having a memory of a goldfish and not remembering how fast healthcare costs were skyrocketing long before anyone even heard of Barack HUSSEIN Obama:

2013-09-Health-Care-Costs3-1.png

I know! Let's give free medical care to 25,000,000 Illegals!

You are better off with a shaman shaking bones over you than Medicare. It helps if you have made your own diagnosis. If all you need to do is tell the doctor what you need you have half a chance of actual care.
You don’t waste time with facts do you?
Medicare is my insurance which is why I still have to pay out of pocket to really see a doctor.

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?

The same people who said ObamaCare would cost $2,500 less per person.

No, but you can ask some veterans. I've always received excellent care at VAs.

Lol
You’re the exception obviously

Lol
You’re the exception obviously
Not even close...shit, not even in this thread.

Forum List

Back