Healthcare Projected To Cost Near $50 Trillion Over Next Ten Years

One year ago:

You'll be shocked at how much health insurance costs for a family of four

The total costs for a typical family of four insured by the most common health plan offered by employers will average $28,166 this year, according to the annual Milliman Medical Index.

That's up from 2010, when the cost crossed $20,000. Just two years ago, it topped $25,000.
That's just what kills me. And don't get me wrong I was around when Hillarycare was floated, and my family has its share of chronic conditions, broken bones, staff infections, cancer scares … . but we never come close to that, and rarely meet the family deductible … AND I'M grandfathered in with employment for over 20 years.

The costs have to come from severe accidents and illnesses that will kill you … slowly. I will never understand why we don't separate family care from really chronic care of stuff like TBI and Big Cancers.

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?
No, the $35 trillion is the total cost. Medicare For All would replace all current costs.
How is that possible? Medicare for all would theoretically mean millions more people would be going to the doctor so overall costs would dramatically go up. What is going to balance that out?

THIS is the question that anyone attempting to understand how health care costs work must endeavor to answer honestly.

There are fine examples worldwide.

Govt getting in healthcare caused a sky rocket in cost. Just like everything else the govt touches.
Why cant we get govt out of healthcare completely? Cash prices are cheap and would only get cheaper.
Orrr we could pass an amendment so the govt actually has the power for medicare for all.
I dont see either happening. You rubes love the govt abusing its power.

Bullshit.

I'd give my left nut if I could be assured that RW freaks would honestly seek out facts. It would fucking change everything.

In theory perhaps but working with the government doesn’t have the reputation of being streamlined. How do doctors feel about the current Medicare/Medicaid paperwork and process? How has the VA process worked out? There are issues with those areas that need to be acknowledged and discussed.
Yep, the VA is a fucking joke... as is Medicare
The VA isn’t a joke, my sister n law works for the one in Minneapolis and it is one of the best hospitals I’ve ever been in. They are rockstars out there. But in other areas there are major problems.

Both the VA and Medicare score higher in customer satisfaction than private insurance.
I guess they can't ask the guys who died waiting for the VA to treat them.

No, but you can ask some veterans. I've always received excellent care at VAs.
How do I ask the ones who died waiting to be treated?

In theory perhaps but working with the government doesn’t have the reputation of being streamlined. How do doctors feel about the current Medicare/Medicaid paperwork and process? How has the VA process worked out? There are issues with those areas that need to be acknowledged and discussed.
The VA isn’t a joke, my sister n law works for the one in Minneapolis and it is one of the best hospitals I’ve ever been in. They are rockstars out there. But in other areas there are major problems.

Both the VA and Medicare score higher in customer satisfaction than private insurance.
I guess they can't ask the guys who died waiting for the VA to treat them.

No, but you can ask some veterans. I've always received excellent care at VAs.
Survey of vets shows unhappiness with VA care

Poll: Confidence in veterans' care plummets to new low

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?

no

One year ago:

The total costs for a typical family of four insured by the most common health plan offered by employers will average $28,166 this year, according to the annual Milliman Medical Index.

That's up from 2010, when the cost crossed $20,000. Just two years ago, it topped $25,000.
That's just what kills me. And don't get me wrong I was around when Hillarycare was floated, and my family has its share of chronic conditions, broken bones, staff infections, cancer scares … . but we never come close to that, and rarely meet the family deductible … AND I'M grandfathered in with employment for over 20 years.

The costs have to come from severe accidents and illnesses that will kill you … slowly. I will never understand why we don't separate family care from really chronic care of stuff like TBI and Big Cancers.
Your employer pays the bulk of your insurance premium, so you don't even see the full cost of your healthcare.

Some dupe is going to come along and say that we need to repeal Obamacare to relieve the skyrocketing costs of healthcare.

Of course, the dupe's propagandists depend on the dupe having a memory of a goldfish and not remembering how fast healthcare costs were skyrocketing long before anyone even heard of Barack HUSSEIN Obama:

2013-09-Health-Care-Costs3-1.png

Doesn't change the fact that the rise skyrocketed much quicker after the ACA. I know you're a good little Progressive but since 2013 it's on Barry

How is that possible? Medicare for all would theoretically mean millions more people would be going to the doctor so overall costs would dramatically go up. What is going to balance that out?
Lower administrative costs. Every doctor's office has to employ several people to work out the bazillions of billing codes for each insurer for each procedure.

"Single payer" makes things more streamlined.
You are better off with a shaman shaking bones over you than Medicare. It helps if you have made your own diagnosis. If all you need to do is tell the doctor what you need you have half a chance of actual care.
You don’t waste time with facts do you?

She has no facts.

Lower administrative costs. Every doctor's office has to employ several people to work out the bazillions of billing codes for each insurer for each procedure.

"Single payer" makes things more streamlined.
You are better off with a shaman shaking bones over you than Medicare. It helps if you have made your own diagnosis. If all you need to do is tell the doctor what you need you have half a chance of actual care.
You don’t waste time with facts do you?
Medicare is my insurance which is why I still have to pay out of pocket to really see a doctor.

Don't have a supplement or seeing a doc that does not accept assignment?

Some dupe is going to come along and say that we need to repeal Obamacare to relieve the skyrocketing costs of healthcare.

Of course, the dupe's propagandists depend on the dupe having a memory of a goldfish and not remembering how fast healthcare costs were skyrocketing long before anyone even heard of Barack HUSSEIN Obama:

Doesn't change the fact that the rise skyrocketed much quicker after the ACA. I know you're a good little Progressive but since 2013 it's on Barry
Yes let’s ignore everything before 2013. You are a genius...

One year ago:

Your employer pays the bulk of your insurance premium, so you don't even see the full cost of your healthcare.
Yes. It just astounds me. Even with the co-pay and amount I pay out of pocket towards premiums and then the additional out of pocket before meeting the family deductible, we rarely even touch what the employer pays.

Obviously any reform we do is hampered by expenditure to employers. And people do not want to lose their private insurance.

But the fact is the majority of people don't use near even half of the total costs.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nt-budged-in-37-years/?utm_term=.b7e411fa0d46

There's no golden goose here, the money for the really sick has to come from somewhere … besides deficits.

But Sanders is probably right about the relative low cost of putting everybody on govt health insurance UNLESS IT MEDICARE WHERE NO ONE HAS ANY INCTIVE TO SAY …. I really don't need that if it actually costs me some of my money

You're a bright one aren't you? Were your comprehension abilities stronger you might have understood the post. The rate of increase was drastically higher from 2013 on.

You're a bright one aren't you? Were your comprehension abilities stronger you might have understood the post. The rate of increase was drastically higher from 2013 on.

Oh? What are the numbers?

LOL, are you trying to say they didn't? I suppose you still think it increased competition too

Everyone has their panties in a wad as long as there is hundreds of thousands employed by health insurance companies and some are public companies with shareholder's all over the world there will be no Medicare for All, maybe a buy in but not a whole single payer system. I doubt that even getting rid of VA, Medicaid, tricare for life, etc and putting everyone under one umbrella would be sustainable in the U.S.

LOL, are you trying to say they didn't? I suppose you still think it increased competition too
Well the ACA helped somewhat by reducing what providers could pay for some procedures, i.e. they had to work harder for the money.

But the problem with Medicare in a nutshell, is you get every little bit extra you can find time to consume, i.e. there's no incentive to self-ration

I’ll wait for the numbers . Go ahead.

No, the $35 trillion is the total cost. Medicare For All would replace all current costs.

THIS is the question that anyone attempting to understand how health care costs work must endeavor to answer honestly.

There are fine examples worldwide.
I agree, but we need to apply those systems to our current environment as far as costs are concerned and see how everything balances out. I don’t see much of the deep dive being taken here, just talking points from our “leaders”

Forum List

Back